Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Boise State accused of "Lack of Institutional Control"

  1. -1
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    8,926
    vCash:
    2928
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Cime Boise State accused of "Lack of Institutional Control"

    http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/0...ise-state.html



    Can the NCAA possibly be anymore of a fraud than they already are...
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    BobDole's Avatar
    Paddy's Pub

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    6,969
    vCash:
    1176
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/0...ise-state.html



    Can the NCAA possibly be anymore of a fraud than they already are...
    'The majority of allegations involve impermissible housing, transportation or meals, where an incoming student-athlete was provided a place to sleep (often on a couch or floor), a car ride or was provided free food by an existing student-athlete.'

    no. no it can't.


    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    TedSlimmJr's Avatar
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    8,926
    vCash:
    2928
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It reminds me of the late 80's when the NCAA mauled Tulsa's track team, but looked the other way when Miami and Oklahoma were running dirty programs and paying players, etc.

    The NCAA's pattern here is that they come after the moneymakers a few years after they're no longer raking in the money they once were. USC is another example.

    They did it to Alabama too in the 90's, yet turned the other cheek to programs like Tennessee, Free Shoes University, etc...

    Colorado was fine as long as they were winning, when the winning dried up the NCAA is right there to bring down the sanctions.


    This is just further proof of the NCAA's agenda, corruption, and guilty of their own "lack of institutional control"..
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    BobDole's Avatar
    Paddy's Pub

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    6,969
    vCash:
    1176
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    It reminds me of the late 80's when the NCAA mauled Tulsa's track team, but looked the other way when Miami and Oklahoma were running dirty programs and paying players, etc.

    The NCAA's pattern here is that they come after the moneymakers a few years after they're no longer raking in the money they once were. USC is another example.

    They did it to Alabama too in the 90's, yet turned the other cheek to programs like Tennessee, Free Shoes University, etc...

    Colorado was fine as long as they were winning, when the winning dried up the NCAA is right there to bring down the sanctions.


    This is just further proof of the NCAA's agenda, corruption, and guilty of their own "lack of institutional control"..
    florida better be watching it's *** then.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Rafiki's Avatar
    The Truth (I promise)

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    5,118
    vCash:
    1054
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think Desmond Howard said something like:

    "It's like the police writing a parking ticket outside of a bank they know is being robbed."

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJNU2...eature=related
    2011 Boise State Football Preview Video!
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    tylerdolphin's Avatar
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    12,277
    vCash:
    3774
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    I saw somewhere that if you average everything out, Boise essentially paid each player $13 a year in illegal benefits and such. Ballin.





    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Rafiki's Avatar
    The Truth (I promise)

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    5,118
    vCash:
    1054
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Boise State self-imposes penalties:

    The Boise State University football team will have at least three fewer preseason practices as it prepares for this year’s season opener against Georgia in Atlanta.
    The Broncos also will award three fewer scholarships over the course of the next two seasons and be allowed three fewer preseason practices before next year’s opener at Michigan State.
    That’s the punishment the school has imposed for violating NCAA rules, according to documents obtained by the Idaho Statesman on Tuesday.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    CedarPhin's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    22,100
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    I saw somewhere that if you average everything out, Boise essentially paid each player $13 a year in illegal benefits and such. Ballin.

    I want a cut of some of that cheese.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2012, 04:21 PM
  2. "Football People Making Decisions" - What The Dolphins Lack?
    By headslap in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 02:37 PM
  3. Teacher Accused of "Wild Thing" In Classroom
    By dreday in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2009, 11:47 AM
  4. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 04:33 PM
  5. Dolphins accused of "spite" regarding Culpepper
    By peppershaker in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 518
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 05:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •