Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolphins cut salaries of employees

1. -1
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo

Dolphins cut salaries of employees

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/1...-salaries.html

Before Tuesday, the NFLs lockout had seemingly only impacted players (the millionaires) and ownership (the billionaire). Now, it has also delivered a harsh blow to even the lowest level employees of the Miami Dolphins.

Team executives advised all members of the organization during a meeting Tuesday that pay cuts would immediately be issued across the board until the lockout ends, multiple sources told the Miami Herald.

Any member of the team making more than $75,000 will face a 20-percent pay cut. Those making under $75,000 face a 15-percent pay cut, and anyone below the $50,000 will be hit with a 10-percent pay cut.

The employees were told their salaries would be reinstated to their previous levels after the lockout is lifted and players return to work, sources said.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The death spiral has begun... When Henne throws 4 picks on opening night against NE, the end will be near for everyone in this organization.

This is what happens when you ignore the most important, most marketable position in all of sports for 11 years.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangeworld View Post
    The death spiral has begun... When Henne throws 4 picks on opening night against NE, the end will be near for everyone in this organization.

This is what happens when you ignore the most important, most marketable position in all of sports for 11 years.
    What are you talking about? Cutting the salaries has nothing to do with the QB position.

I actually commend the Dolphins for holding out on cutting salaries for as long as they did. Before today, 25 of the 32 NFL teams had cut the salaries of their employees, and Miami was one of the teams to hold out the longest. It is a shame they face a 20% pay cut, but the Jets cut their employees salary by 25% starting on day one of the lockout. Taking a 25% pay cut included head coach Rex Ryan, which means fewer offseason buffets. However the Jets said they will increase the cut to 50% if the lockout last more than three months. So come the beginning of June, a lot of Jet workers will lose half their pay.

Now every team in the AFC East has issued pay cuts and that includes the franchise everyone seems to look up to in the Patriots. The Cardinals hit their employees with a 35% cut and the Raiders with a 33% cut.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ouch. That would really hurt. For someone making 75K, that would be $1250 a month. That is quite a bit of money
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    432 Row 7
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Then they better give me a refund on my season tickets until the lockout is lifted.

I bet the people upstairs aren't cutting their own salaries.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i kind of like it that the lower they made the less they cut
    Hmm cutting these people that work in these programs could come back to haunt them..
    these people wont be as loyal and as far as swaying public opinion owners will be seen as just caring about money..
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Classless Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan94 View Post
    Then they better give me a refund on my season tickets until the lockout is lifted.

I bet the people upstairs aren't cutting their own salaries.
    Of course not. They had this lockout planned a long time ago which is why they secured themselves a 4.5 BILLION insurance with the TV companies in case of a lockout. They are pigs. Most of the guys affected by these cuts aren't your high profile coaches. They're mostly all assistants and trainers who will be significantly hit by this.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Once upon a time, I was a proud fan of a class organization.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's the way companies do it. Last year for Christmas, my wife got a $1500 bonus. This year, she gets 0. All the top executives in the company still got there $10 to $30 thousand dollar bonuses though. They cut all the smaller people but they kept theirs.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What a crock of ****. Stephen Ross, our billionaire owner, is a scumbag. Way to treat people, bud... I would quit if my boss was cutting my salary because of his own petty squables.
    FIRE FAILBIN

Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

If any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher, Philbin said.
    Quote Quote