Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Enjoying the Heats success makes me more depressed as a dolphin fan!

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Century City, Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks

Enjoying the Heats success makes me more depressed as a dolphin fan!

I'm not even a basketball fan. I watch the Heat because they are my hometown team but it really makes me sick when I compare them to the dolphins. Sure you can say "we'll that would be like Miami getting Tom Brady and Jerry Rice both at the same time." But I'm not even looking for a Superbowl Season. I just want a management and coaching team that will do anything they can to make sure the team succeeds and I dont see that. Especially with Tony Sparano. Then add on top of that that Idiot Ross rehires him and ensures 2 more years of incredible mediocrity you have a recipe for disaster! GO HEAT!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkDiggler View Post
    I'm not even a basketball fan. I watch the Heat because they are my hometown team but it really makes me sick when I compare them to the dolphins. Sure you can say "we'll that would be like Miami getting Tom Brady and Jerry Rice both at the same time." But I'm not even looking for a Superbowl Season. I just want a management and coaching team that will do anything they can to make sure the team succeeds and I dont see that. Especially with Tony Sparano. Then add on top of that that Idiot Ross rehires him and ensures 2 more years of incredible mediocrity you have a recipe for disaster! GO HEAT!
    You can't compare the Heat to the Dolphins. For many reasons.

1. When you sign arguably the best player in the NBA to a contract smaller than what he could've gotten, when in reality It was DWade and Bosh who recruited him not Riley. It's easy to win.

2. We can't sign whoever we want to a mega contract under the NFLs salary cap.

3. NFL is more of a team game than the NBA. It takes more than 1 superstar to win a championship.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    ATL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Success is determined at the ownership level, then permeates itself throughout the organization, typically with stable & long term GM and coaching staff. Mickey Arison = Great owner. Steve Ross =Not so much. Great owners in the NFL and success go hand in hand: Joe Robbie, The Rooney's, Robert Kraft, Jim Irsay, Eddie DeBartolo Jr. The Dolphins, Steelers, Patriots, Colts & 49'ers respectively, have all enjoyed great success under these owners.

Until we once again have an owner worth their salt, our Fins ain't going far.
    Quote Quote