Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Omar Kelly

1. -1
    Super Moderator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aberdeen
    Thanks / No Thanks

Twitter Omar Kelly

OmarKellyOmar Kelly

Dolphins free agent QB Tyler Thigpen vows to make the most of any opportunity, whether with Dolphins or another team. http://t.co/aK7XIR0

8 minutes ago

OmarKellyOmar Kelly

Randy Starks was No. 7 in the Sun-Sentinel's fan driven player rankings. So....so far we've had 3 defensive players. http://t.co/Kj13xwN

10 minutes ago

OmarKellyOmar Kelly

Here's a breakdown of a few of the things I learned during the Miami Dolphins' Fins Weekend. http://t.co/BYJsccf

14 minutes ago

OmarKellyOmar Kelly

Dolphins QB Chad Henne's emerging as a leader during the lockout, teaching his teammates Brian Daboll's offense. http://t.co/54ERZJ0

16 minutes ago

OmarKellyOmar Kelly

Dolphins draftee Charles Clay forced to get a job during NFL lockout. He's working with the goal of getting to Miami. http://t.co/1sT8va9

18 minutes ago

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fairfax, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You know Tom Brady was a 3rd stringer until his...what...4th year? Thats why I dont like people bashing Thigpen.

I feel really bad about the Charles Clay situation though lol. Just goes to show these players would be nowhere without the NFL, even with their "degrees" some of them would fail miserably.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CNNChris View Post
    You know Tom Brady was a 3rd stringer until his...what...4th year? Thats why I dont like people bashing Thigpen.

I feel really bad about the Charles Clay situation though lol. Just goes to show these players would be nowhere without the NFL, even with their "degrees" some of them would fail miserably.
    thats not fair to say about Clay. Clay isn't going to take a "regular" full time job when he knows anyday he could get a phone call saying be in MIami tomorrow, lockout over. If Clay gave up the NFL I am sure he would make a nice living in a very good job with his Tulsa degree!!!! He is just trying to make a few bucks till the lockout ends and he can collect on his NFL contract!

And Tom Brady didn't play until his 4th year really so nobody knew if he was good. Thigpen sucked in KC and sucked in Miami. We know he can't play. Big difference!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CNNChris View Post

This is incorrect. Tom Brady became the starter in New England during his second season after Drew Bledsoe was injured in the second game of the 2001 season.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks

Charles Clay

For one day Charles Clay got to live out his dream.

Clays worked his entire life to become a professional athlete, so last April when the Miami Dolphins selected the Tulsa fullback in the sixth-round of the 2011 draft this 24-year-old thought hed reached the finish line.

Hed be playing football at the highest level, and would finally achieved some financial security through his signing bonus, and an NFL paycheck if he made it to the 53-man roster. But the NFLs Lockout, which started on March 12 and is now headed into its fourth month, has put Clays NFL career on hold.

The fact hes no longer a student-athlete at Tulsa, and had no source of income has put him in financial turmoil. Clays in-debt to his agents and trainers, and the bills are piling up. So to stay afloat hes been receiving day labor type work with a company called LPD, which has him cutting gas at oil wells, doing odd jobs like cleaning the jacks to make ends meet.

Its hard times right now, Clay told me Saturday during WQAMs Kup & Kelly show. Im working little small jobs and things to get money. Not getting an income right now is tough, especially when Im trying to have a facility to workout in, and have to pay for things like [trainers].
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...l-lockout.html
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah Brady was drafted in 2000 and led his tea, to an SB win in 2001.
    Quote Quote