Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: God

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    la la land
    Thanks / No Thanks

God

If you believe in God, but not in the man made religions, that have been created, to distort and hijack God, like i do. Does that make me ignorant? I believe mankind has used God to gain power over the masses. Basically, you better be good and follow what the bible,quaron etc, says or your going to hell. But i dont believe in hell. I do believe in a superior being. I agree with Billy Jo Armstrong, religion is bullsh!t. But i do believe in God. What do you guys classify that as?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A start.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    la la land
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Hawdolfin4L View Post
    A start.
    Bad start? Good start?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    But i do believe in God.

Why?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    vvv The Scariest Buffalo Bill

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by studsatele View Post
    If you believe in God, but not in the man made religions, that have been created, to distort and hijack God, like i do. Does that make me ignorant? I believe mankind has used God to gain power over the masses. Basically, you better be good and follow what the bible,quaron etc, says or your going to hell. But i dont believe in hell. I do believe in a superior being. I agree with Billy Jo Armstrong, religion is bullsh!t. But i do believe in God. What do you guys classify that as?
    Illogical reasoning........

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The Giants absolutely win it all w/ buttfumble and they probably have more playoff wins and playoff apps if buttfumble is their QB, we probably don't even make a title game w/ Eli the last 2 years........
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There's a name for it, but I can't recall it at the moment. I follow the same line of thinking. I don't think there is an anthropomorphized deity in the sky watching us. I do think there might be something we don't understand quite yet. I have my own theory about the basic archetype of what that is, but that isn't something I feel like discussing here. Don't need anyone labeling my belief system as religious like they do with atheism...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You are a Deist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

Players come and go, but I will always be a Miami Dolphins Fan first and foremost.

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Everyone (in context to this discussion) has their own idea or belief of what God is, or what the universe is made of etc....

But what is the truth?

If we all potentially have 6 billion (and growing) different beliefs of a greater spiritual being, with varying degrees of omnipotence, omnipresence and omniscience....then which one is right? Which one is the right one? Which one is the accurate view? Which one is the truth?

What is the belief based on? It has to be based on something tangible and measurable. I can believe anything I want, but that doesn't mean it is true. It has to pass muster.

Either all the belief systems in the world are wrong, or only one of them is right....but there can't be anything in between.

If someone believes in God, then they really need to find out which religions God is the right one, because if not...that person has a one in 6 billion shot at being right. Not very good odds.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    The Truth (I promise)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan7 View Post
    Beat me to it. Some of our founding fathers were of that ilk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJNU2...eature=related
    2011 Boise State Football Preview Video!
    Quote Quote