Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Atheist Eschatology

1. -21
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alter2Ego View Post
    ALTER2EGO -to- SKAPE PHIN:
    I wouldn't be so sure about that, if I were you. Evolution is the atheist's explanation for the variety of life forms on planet earth. To put it simply, evolution is the atheists' god. That's why atheists argue tooth and nails over macroevolution theory--despite the fact there's no evidence to prove it.
    I hate to even respond to this, because it is clear from your response that you do not have a good deal of knowledge about the process of evolution. There is literally an entire world filled with evidence of macro-evolution. Modern medicine wouldn't even be possible without the knowledge of evolution to support it.

So, if you are so convinced that evolution is some conspiracy set about by atheists, please inform your doctor that you will not accept any medical treatment that is based on evolutionary theory if/when you get a cancer diagnosis.
    Bluebird in Hell

Just published my first game for iOS if anyone is interested...
    It's a free time waster.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That makes as much sense as saying that the house and the furniture within it are the man that built the house and put the furnishings inside it. Things that were created cannot equate to the person or the being that created them. Your argument fails.
    The metaphor of the builder doesn't hold up when you observe nature.

Does an Apple Tree BUILD an Apple? No, an apple is created FROM the tree. It is a part of the tree. An apple is something that is created from WITHIN the tree. The tree has potential to Apple, and when the conditions are right, it Apples. In the same way, all life comes into being.

The Builder Metaphor fails almost immediately when you consider that in this scenario everything must be built by something else. In such a scenario, who/what built the builder?
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    There have been studies that have shown those who are deeply religious have lower rates of depression, so what you say does hold some level of scientific validity. On the other hand, if you're deeply religious, you're also at risk of being extremely judgmental, which is the first step towards extreme hate, like those Westboro douchebags. It's a double-edged sword to say the least. It's a topic where there is no right answer. It would be pretty amazing if everyone judge accepted that they believe in something different than someone else, and left it at that. All this attacking other beliefs garbage has one ending, and it isn't a good one...
    Depression replaced by insanity.

Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    California USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    I hate to even respond to this, because it is clear from your response that you do not have a good deal of knowledge about the process of evolution. There is literally an entire world filled with evidence of macro-evolution. Modern medicine wouldn't even be possible without the knowledge of evolution to support it.

So, if you are so convinced that evolution is some conspiracy set about by atheists, please inform your doctor that you will not accept any medical treatment that is based on evolutionary theory if/when you get a cancer diagnosis.
    I suggest you present documentary evidence to back up your statement that modern medicine is based on organic evolution aka macroevolution. You don't expect me to take your word for it; do you?
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    California USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The metaphor of the builder doesn't hold up when you observe nature.
    Why not? Because it happens to point up the logical fallacy you used when you argued that everything in creation is God? Since when did the created things become the Creator? Let me know.

The Builder Metaphor fails almost immediately when you consider that in this scenario everything must be built by something else. In such a scenario, who/what built the builder?
    The Builder Metaphor is the same one you used when you claimed everything in existence--which were clearly created--are God. Therefore, my "builder metaphor" stands. The house was created and the furnishings within the house were created. So using your logic that the universe and everything else is God who created them, one could argue that the house and its furnishings are therefore the human who likewise created them.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I suggest you present documentary evidence to back up your statement that modern medicine is based on organic evolution aka macroevolution. You don't expect me to take your word for it; do you?
    Do you get the flu shot?

Look, nothing anybody says is going to convince you that evolution is real, so don't pretend like your open to evidence.

What's funny is that I fail to see how evolution disproves the existence of god. It is possible to believe in a god AND understand that evolution occurs.

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    California USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Do you get the flu shot?

Look, nothing anybody says is going to convince you that evolution is real, so don't pretend like your open to evidence.

What's funny is that I fail to see how evolution disproves the existence of god. It is possible to believe in a god AND understand that evolution occurs.
    ALTER2EGO -to- GONZO:
    Until you or someone else can prove the theory of evolution is the explanation for the existence of all of the forms of life on this earth, your opinions and the opinions/speculations of pro-evolution scientists are just that: opinions. Since everybody on this planet has an opinion, why should yours or anybody elses be placed above mine? The only thing that can trump an opinion is a fact/evidence to the contrary. The scientific facts/evidence debunk macroevolution theory.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Sink or Swim, Fin Fan 4 Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo LogoSnakes!Dolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Do you get the flu shot?

100% this.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.livescience.com/16433-eve...flu-shots.html
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ALTER2EGO -to- GONZO:
    Until you or someone else can prove the theory of evolution is the explanation for the existence of all of the forms of life on this earth, your opinions and the opinions/speculations of pro-evolution scientists are just that: opinions. Since everybody on this planet has an opinion, why should yours or anybody elses be placed above mine? The only thing that can trump an opinion is a fact/evidence to the contrary. The scientific facts/evidence debunk macroevolution theory.
    :smh:

And of course, a document written by hundreds of unknown authors over the period of several hundred years translated multiple times from divergent languages is not an opinion, but FACT.

This is how all these debate usually go.

Gotta love the logic utilized by Creationists and Biblical Literalists...
    Quote Quote