Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Atheist Eschatology

1. -51
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    So what about other life on those other planets? And I don't mean animal life. I mean self aware intelligent life life humans.
    Love how my question was ignored.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    California USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    Again, its easy to fulfill a prophecy when you have prior knowledge of the prophecy. Any author could write updates to a book and say "this prediction happened" without ever providing any tangible evidence.
    ALTER2EGO -to- SKAPE PHIN:
    Do you understand the meaning of the word "prophecy"? A prophecy is the description of events that will occur BEFORE they occur. I will start a thread on that topic later on.

The fact is, NONE of the "fulfilled prophecies" in the Bible have ever been independently verified by anyone.
    Which facts are you referring to? The ones you dreamed up? That statement is proof positive you don't know what you're talking about. Many Bible prophecies have been confirmed by archeology and secular history--neither of which are connected in any way with the Bible.

If the fulfillment of prophecy was so self-evident at the time, there wouldn't be such a thing as Christianity at all because there never would have been a split from Judaism. You would think that Jews at the time, who were quite aware of the prophecy of the Messiah and were attentively waiting for his arrival would not have questioned direct evidence of the fulfillment of prophecy. The mere fact that all Jews did not view Jesus as the prophesized Messiah is "evidence" that the prophecy was not fulfilled in reality, but only by the pen of an unknown author who had prior knowledge of the prophecy.
    You're not making much sense here. Just because the Jews rejected Jesus Christ as the Messiah does not mean Jesus was not the Messiah. It simply means the Jews, as a nation, rejected him. As I recall, some of them did acknowledge him as the Messiah and became his disciples.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can make prophecies too. I predict a crazy person is going to post in this thread very soon...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alter2Ego View Post
    Do you understand the meaning of the word "prophecy"? A prophecy is the description of events that will occur BEFORE they occur. I will start a thread on that topic later on.

Which facts are you referring to? The ones you dreamed up? That statement is proof positive you don't know what you're talking about. Many Bible prophecies have been confirmed by archeology and secular history--neither of which are connected in any way with the Bible.

You're not making much sense here. Just because the Jews rejected Jesus Christ as the Messiah does not mean Jesus was not the Messiah. It simply means the Jews, as a nation, rejected him. As I recall, some of them did acknowledge him as the Messiah and became his disciples.
    FIRE FAILBIN

Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

If any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher, Philbin said.
    Quote Quote