Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Ross and CBA

1. -1
    Football On My Mind 24 Hrs Per Day

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks

Stephen Ross and CBA

Apparently Ross (along with Kraft from NE) are the two owners that are having issues with the current proposal for the new CBA. Just read it in Rotoworld. Not sure if this is will be a big hold up, or they just need clarification on a few things. Let's hope it's the latter.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cuban_refugee View Post
    Apparently Ross (along with Kraft from NE) are the two owners that are having issues with the current proposal for the new CBA. Just read it in Rotoworld. Not sure if this is will be a big hold up, or they just need clarification on a few things. Let's hope it's the latter.
    Given Ross's wherewithal in past football matters he really should just sit down and shut the **** up.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Califa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Given Ross's wherewithal in past football matters he really should just sit down and shut the **** up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Been one of my biggest issues with him. Every single year, EVERY YEAR, he makes one completely boneheaded signing that makes you think he went on a massive coke bender the night before, slept in the office, woke up still high as **** and started making calls to anybody that would answer at 4 AM on a weekday; which is apparently **** players like Naanee, Colombo, Barbie Carpenter, etc.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Link please.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Ross and Kraft are the only two to have been identified at the moment, they are not the only two.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rotoworld is blocked where I work but here is what is a silver of what was said:

Breer reassures that neither Kraft nor Ross' concerns appear to be a "deal breaker" at this moment in time. Jun. 20 - 12:11 pm et.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=205633&spln=1
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ross and Kraft basically want a contingency that if the revenues go down because of an economic downturn, that the salary cap will go down so that expenses don't overrun revenue. The players have wanted, and seem like they will probably get, an contingency that if revenue is higher than expected, the salary cap will go up, so this seems to be fair to me.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Just say yes! Ron Paul 2012

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    La Crosse, WI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantprodigy View Post
    Ross and Kraft basically want a contingency that if the revenues go down because of an economic downturn, that the salary cap will go down so that expenses don't overrun revenue. The players have wanted, and seem like they will probably get, an contingency that if revenue is higher than expected, the salary cap will go up, so this seems to be fair to me.
    I always like when the cap goes up (every year) because the Dolphins can get more/better players.So obviously I am cool with the cap rising.

But if the league is losing money, there is no reason why what Ross is saying should not be accepted.

My only problem is who will be in charge of making these predictions? Because what was just a guess will now need more accuracy because there is now money on the line.
    I just want to win.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

CONCUR

DWade "Loyalty Over Royalty"
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fair, but it begs the question as to why the owners are pursuing this angle of "pegging the cap" rather than simply negotiating a percentage revenue split. If you set a percentage then the players share in the upside and they share in the downside, and it's a lot simpler way of doing it.
    Quote Quote