Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: According to Sports Business Daily, the Dolphins aren't captivating the local market

1. -1
    future of the funk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoDolphins HomerCam Wake 91

FH According to Sports Business Daily, the Dolphins aren't captivating the local market

link

The Saints top all NFL clubs (and all U.S. sports teams) in terms of local market fan penetration, according to data from Scarborough Sports Marketing. New Orleans had the highest percentage (87%) of any home market where adult fans said they had watched a game on TV, listened to a game on the radio or attended at least one game during the past year. Among NFL clubs, the Bengals saw the biggest year-over-year jump in the rankings, up five spots to No. 6. Most NFL clubs remained close to where they were last year in the rankings
    28 28 Dolphins 43%
    29 29 49ers 42%
    30 30 Giants 40%
    31 31 Jets 37%
    32 32 Raiders 28%

2014 ladies lounge entry:ariel meredith
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Because there's so much to do in S. Florida plus the population has, most likely, a larger % of people moving from other parts of the nation and these transfers bring their sports alliances with them ... IMO
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Go Fins!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SoFlo
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lol so no one in New York watches football?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    future of the funk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11390 View Post
    Because there's so much to do in S. Florida plus the population has, most likely, a larger % of people moving from other parts of the nation and these transfers bring their sports alliances with them ... IMO
    not to disagree,but theres plenty of things to do in new orleans...and plenty of out of towners.to top it off the population isnt even what it used to be...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's because the Saints are winning and exciting to watch, unlike the Dolphins. Next I suppose you'll tell me that the sky is blue.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    future of the funk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    dolphins have a loftier history?bigger fanbase?havent squashed the numbers,strictly assumption...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaSh View Post
    Lol so no one in New York watches football?
    The NY/NJ area is both Giants and Jets fans so im not surprised their numbers are as low as they are....If there was only one NY team the numbers for that NY team would be really high.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Having lived in both NY and Miami, I don't care what the statistics are, the 2 fanbases are absolutely nothing alike. Giants and Jets fans are hardcore, and they ride and die by their teams. I've been to the games in the old meadowlands; The stadium is always filled, and the fans cheer like crazy for their team. The level of intensity is not the same in Miami. I went to high school and college in Miami, and of all my friends who were born and raised in Miami, only a handful were true hardcore Dolphins fans. In comparison, I personally don't know of a single NYer who was born and bred here, who is not a fan of one of the home teams. I'm not saying they don't exist, I just personally don't know any.

In short, there are too many fairweather fans in Miami IMO, and too many just don't take an active interest in the Dolphins. When there are more cheers for visiting teams than the home team, that's a problem. As upsetting as it was to watch, I can't say I'm surprised that the fins went 1-7 at home. IMO, there's just not enough fanaticism from the fandom, in comparison to what I've seen in other home stadiums (i.e. New York).
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I find it hard to believe that only 43% of the people in South Florida tuned into a game last year (be it TV, radio or in person like this site says they included) . . . where are they pulling these stats from? Sure there is alot to do . . . but I know tons of people who don't give a damn about football and have tuned in to watch atleast one game, especially those primetime games against the Jets and Pats. Sounds like BS to me.

I do agree it wouldn't surprise me to see Miami low on a list like this . . . they haven't been successful much in the past 10 years and with influx of people from other parts of the countries and other parts of the world, plus the fans not in the area, combined with amount of things to do on the weekend in South FL . . . and the "Heat" hype factor last season . . . I could see them low on a list . . . but 43% sounds off.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    That's because the Saints are winning and exciting to watch, unlike the Dolphins. Next I suppose you'll tell me that the sky is blue.
    Well the Saints were a joke for a long time and just now turned their franchise around.

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

This is very sad. I love my team regardless.

Quote Quote