Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleacher Report on 7 UDFAS we should go after

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Bleacher Report on 7 UDFAS we should go after

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/7...n-post-lockout

Cant say I am too impressed with the list. I think we should be looking to sign at the very least two interior linemen since I believe it is the weakest part of the team and lacks depth.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It wasn't a bad list until he talked about Scott Tolzien.

Keith Darbut has been on the Dolphins' radar a while I believe. It would not be surprising to see them go after him as a UDFA.

From what I've gathered, they have shown interest in QB Adam Froman, QB Jeff Van Camp, RB Brandon Saine and TE Zach Pianalto. There are others, I forget them.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Apart from the tackle from ECU and the QB from Wis, the rest seem to possess one common quality ... SPEED! This is what we need and what the FO is supposedly looking for. That LB from the D3 school sounds impressive.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here are the names that I've heard whispers of Miami's being interested in:

QB Adam Froman
    QB Jeff Van Camp
    RB Brandon Saine
    WR Joe Morgan
    WR Owen Spencer
    WR Lestar Jean
    TE Zach Pianalto
    OC Tim Barnes

I haven't heard anything specific after the Draft but the Dolphins did show interest in OLB Keith Darbut before the Draft.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I think Derrick Locke would be instant competition for Kory Sheets coming off of a serious injury. I am very open to bringing in one of the UM running backs also (Coop or Berry).

Believe it or not, we have interior OLine prospects on the team that we have already groomed for a year on the PS . . . they may be better options but it doesn't hurt to check out a few more options.

I definitely think the best result from this FA is to find a solid backup OT, I don't think any real situational pass rusher exist out there, though Herzlich is always an interesting guy.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11390 View Post
    Apart from the tackle from ECU and the QB from Wis, the rest seem to possess one common quality ... SPEED! This is what we need and what the FO is supposedly looking for. That LB from the D3 school sounds impressive.
    I like Willie Smith. One of the reasons I was not so hot on the North Carolina DE that hasn't played in a year and a half that everyone loved so much was because one of the last times I saw him play, I watched Willie Smith control him.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Frankly, Ugo Chinasa sounds very appealing. His name simply sounds like someone that gets a lot of sacks and plays. Damn I'm bored.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    berry and coop are camp fodder...locke's got an injury history a mile long (thats why people stayed away in the draft imo)...saine does nothing for me...maybe one of the wrs morgan or jean might provide some intrigue...only guys i'd be interested in really all that much are pianalto and barnes...although barnes i thinks gonna struggle with size over his face
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As you guys probably know, our team at Universal Draft have been furnishing Draft articles for Dave Hyde at the South Florida Sun Sentinel for years, and as part of that series we've maintained lists of confirmed Miami interests. I believe our record stands at all but two of the Dolphins' draft picks having appeared on our lists before being drafted.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/spor...icks_fo_1.html

Here are the remaining undrafted players from our lists. The "(PW)" indicates a private workout. I've added in names quoted above that the Dolphins either showed interest in during the Draft itself or that we've somehow heard about interest after the Draft. I put those in bold.

QB: Josh Portis, Adam Weber, Jeff Van Camp (PW), Diondre Borel, Ben Chappell, Pat Devlin, Adam Froman

TB: Graig Cooper, Vai Taua, DuJuan Harris, Chase Reynolds, Mario Fannin (PW), Darren Evans (PW), Nic Grigsby, Brandon Saine

FB: Matangi Tonga

WR: Armon Binns, Tori Gurley, Dominique Johnson (PW), Terrance McCrae (PW), Lester Jean, Terrance Tolliver, Ricardo Lockette (PW), Gerald Stevenson, David Presley, Adam Mims, Jamorris Warren, Raymond Webber (PW), Lito Senatus (PW), Joe Morgan, Owen Spencer

TE: Kyle Adams, Charlie Gantt, Greg Smith, Daniel Hardy, Tommy Gallarda, Andre Smith (PW), Zach Pianalto.

OT: Shannon Breen, David Mims, Byron Bell, Matt Murphy (PW).

OG: Mike Ingersoll, Randall Hunt, Pat Illig.

OC: Brad Serini, Ryan Pugh, John Gianninoto (PW), Tim Barnes.

DE: Ryan Winterswyk, Ladi Ajiboye.

DT: Ian Williams

OLB: Mario Addison, Michael Lockley, Monte Simmons, Cobrani Mixon, Keith Darbut.

ILB: (none)

CB: Ryan Hill, Kamaal McIlwain.

S: Brian Lainhart, Erik Stoll, Maurice Rolle Jr. (PW), Ron Parker, Dominique Davenport, Tommy Irvin, Max Lerner, Zac Etheridge.

Long Snapper: Pat Scales.
    Last edited by ckparrothead; 07-13-2011 at 01:38 PM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sanford Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Locke is a real burner but some have concerns with injury issues. As an UDFA I would be willing to take that risk. Out of the two canes RBs, if you are looking for a burner I would take Cooper over Berry. Backup OT is a necessity and I am good with Willie Smith, but why not add someone like Bryant Browning or Jake Vermiglio both OGs from big programs? Even with a few already on the PS over the past year I would still keep bringing more in until you acquire the talent you are satisfied with.

Deunta Williams is another guy I would add to that list as well.
    Quote Quote