Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Tom Holland is the new Spider-Man/Jon Watts to direct

1. -1
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks

Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo

Tom Holland is the new Spider-Man/Jon Watts to direct

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24758/...r_and_director

Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios are proud to announce that after a full worldwide casting search, Tom Holland will play Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the next Spider-Man film, in theaters in IMAX and 3D on July 28, 2017. The film will be directed by Jon Watts, director of "Cop Car," the upcoming thriller that made its debut earlier this year at the Sundance Film Festival.
    Don't know much about either, but Watts is just the latest of a new trend of indie director getting called up to the big leagues. That trend for the most part has been coming up with good results. Edwards did OK with the Godzilla reboot(I personally didn't care for it) and Universal did really well with Trevorrow. Though Josh Trank with the Fantastic 4 reboot has been a disaster for the most part and got fired from Star Wars. Vogt‑Roberts with Skull Island is another example of an upcoming indie jump. So just because he is a no-name with a small resume doesn't mean it can't work.

I would assume Holland will first appear in Civil War.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They should go with older spider-man I hope to god we don have to watch him get bit by a spider again
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorPhin View Post
    They should go with older spider-man I hope to god we don have to watch him get bit by a spider again
    If the rumors are true they plan on forgoing the origin story this time. It's like Batman. If you don't know the origin story at this point it's in you.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    so comic fans, what does everybody think about the rumores of eventually replacing Peter Parker with Miles Morales?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    If the rumors are true they plan on forgoing the origin story this time. It's like Batman. If you don't know the origin story at this point it's in you.
    Yep, skipping the origin story. Marvel has said they aim to skip the origin stories in most cases now, though I hope that's not the case with Dr. Strange.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    so comic fans, what does everybody think about the rumores of eventually replacing Peter Parker with Miles Morales?
    Popular character, so not surprising. Like everything in comics though, it won't be permanent. Peter Parker is still too popular. Gives them an easy way to carry on the character in the MCU several years from now, just like they already have several of Captain America's eventual replacements introduced.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoHalo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    People need to get off this Morales kick. I get that people would like to see a different take on Spider-Man, hell I would too. However Marvel said they don't want to do origin stories anymore. They also stated that they had no intentions of doing one with Spider-Man when it was announced they got him back. So anyone who thought Morales was even in the running hasn't been following along. Doing a Spider-Man movie with Morales would mean having to do another origin story which is exactly what they don't want to do. It will be much easier to run with the tried and true Spider-Man for the sake of the MCU plans.

Now if I understand it correctly Sony can still make a Spider-Man movie as well. The last I hear of they are going to do a CGI Spider-Man movie. So maybe that will be Morales. If it's not then maybe they can do a Morales movie down the line.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well the other issue is you have people saying there is no diversity in super hero movies. But Miles is one of the only good characters from Ultimate Marvel (see them making him the main Spiderman after Battleworld), and Miles DOES have a good story about becoming Spiderman in that he originally didn't want to be a superhero and tried to hide his powers.

As for Sony, I hear they may make a Spider 2099 movie meaning a Miguel O'Hara movie.
    Quote Quote