Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Afc East free agency breakdown - ESPN

1. -1
    remember ur 1st chance may be ur last

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Spring Hill Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks

Afc East free agency breakdown - ESPN

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ency-breakdown

Miami Dolphins

1. Add running back help: Miami used the 62nd overall pick in 2011 to select Daniel Thomas, a big, bruising runner with a lot of ability. But of course, Thomas is going to be a rookie this season, and fully counting on him to carry the load and learn the pass protections would be foolish. Miami needs a backup plan. Bringing back Ronnie Brown, or more likely, Ricky Williams, wouldn’t be a terrible situation. But just adding Brown or Williams wouldn’t be enough. Snatching up Ahmad Bradshaw or DeAngelo Williams would obviously be a huge addition and would push Thomas to backup status. Even bringing in a reliable back like Joseph Addai or Jason Snelling might do the trick as Thomas develops. Another option is to add a specialty player like Darren Sproles.

2. Find competition for Chad Henne: Personally, I am not ready to write off Henne. I believe in the approach that Miami has taken this offseason. The Dolphins have surrounded him with pieces to make his life much easier. But still, adding a veteran signal-caller seems like a must at this point. Suitable options include Marc Bulger, Donovan McNabb or even Vince Young, who is soon to be released by Tennessee. If quarterback remains a problem after this year, then Miami needs to sell the farm to draft its next franchise quarterback. But in the meantime, this would be my approach.

3. Make a splash on D: To me, the Dolphins’ three biggest needs are quarterback, running back and then free safety. Even if Miami didn’t add a defender of any sort in free agency, I would rank its 2011 defense among the best in the NFL. I am that high on this group. But what if the Dolphins could land a real talent at free safety? Imagine the possibilities. This is a deep free-agent class of safeties. I would love to see the Dolphins sign someone like Michael Huff or especially Eric Weddle. Even adding a solid player with upside like Brodney Pool would be helpful here.

Top free agents: Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, Tony McDaniel, Richie Incognito, Tyler Thigpen

SIG CREATED BY DISTRUBEDSHIFTY
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    free safety over another pass-rusher?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    remember ur 1st chance may be ur last

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Spring Hill Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I do agree that both Safety positions are in need of upgrade. We need a true coverage safety who can make plays over the top. I dont know if that player is on our roster but i am excited to see how R. Jones progresses
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think FS is our third weakness and if it is that is not a bad thing. Clemons wasn't a major playmaker last year, but he rarely hurt us as far as I could tell. I may think that is a big deal because the distaster at the postion the year before... I think another very effective pass rush type would really help us out. Funny thing with this roster is it is pretty solid. When I try to think of a serious weakness very little comes to mind. Of course RB is a spot that needs help, and unfortunately QB probably isn't a place where we can really improve. After that the oline could use some depth and maybe they make a splash with stud guard, but I see too much money being spent on the line to make a serious upgrade.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I think safety is a pretty mild concern at the moment. Finding a second TE or someone to play opposite of Wake would be a bigger concern I feel atm.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    here's my approach with FS, and I've said as much; I think Chris Clemmons is a nice player and far from a weakness, same with Bell, but if we can get a true playmaking safety, an Eric Weddle, Quinten Mikell, or Dawan Landry type, you take it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I might even put a pass-catching TE ahead of free safety
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clearwater, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    here's my approach with FS, and I've said as much; I think Chris Clemmons is a nice player and far from a weakness, same with Bell, but if we can get a true playmaking safety, an Eric Weddle, Quinten Mikell, or Dawan Landry type, you take it.
    Spot on. If we were to upgrade, I think the Fins definitely need a ball-hawking safety. I don't foresee many BIG plays from Clemons, and 11 picks for a season just isn't good enough.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifinz View Post
    I think safety is a pretty mild concern at the moment. Finding a second TE or someone to play opposite of Wake would be a bigger concern I feel atm.
    I couldnt agree more. i would love the idea of bringing in a TE such as Zach Miller or Kevin Boss to compliment Fasano. We have a Pro-bowl SS and I think between Reshad Jones and Chris Clemons we have great options at FS. We need to focus on Vet QB (Mcnabb or VY) RB (Dwill or Bradshaw) and a return man (Bush or sproles) even though we may have that man in Gates. and possibly another LB to replace crowders sorry ***. wouldnt mind a Vet lineman either. I think i may be asking for too much though
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What do you guys think about Osi U. to bring in on passing downs? Could be a very good situational pass rusher (if healthy).
    Quote Quote