Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Police in California Beat Homeless Man to Death

1. -1
    The Truth (I promise)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks

Police in California Beat Homeless Man to Death

They claim he was resisting arrest, so six of them decided it was a good idea to taze him five times and beat him until he died from it.

Caught on tape: Police beat and taser 'gentle' mentally-ill homeless man to death

A shocking video has been released allegedly showing police officers tasering and beating a homeless man to death who they claim was resisting arrest.

Though the video is not clear, eye witnesses say the homeless man - Kelly Thomas, 37 - was unable to put up any resistance and was lying on the ground on his front when the attack took place on July 5.

His screams and cries for his father can be heard amid the tasering noises.
    Good job police! Way to build trust with your community!

Basically if the cops want to kill you, all they have to do is yell "stop resisting!" and beat you to death.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    what a disgrace
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Charge them all with murder.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pathetic.

I never will understand why you need 6 cops to subdue one guy and beat him senseless. It reminds me of the Rodney King incident. They all should be put to jail and let the prison inmates take care of them. They just "love" police officers.

Here is an article from the Huffington Post which also has a picture of the guy after the beating. If you have a weak stomach do not look at it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_911419.html
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phins_4_ever View Post
    Pathetic.

I never will understand why you need 6 cops to subdue one guy and beat him senseless. [/URL]
    you dont. these cops were wrong. when the details come out about this i hope they are punishment. but its also important to realize these are isolated situations. i am not an one of those people who belief the police in general are corrupt.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shouldn't this be merged with that waste of digital space thread "Official Police State Thread"? I mean after all this is an isolated case of renegade police officers without any support from the courts that will undoubtedly be punished for this horrid act.

It's a prime example of a police state, at least according to that thread.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    The Truth (I promise)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't believe this is evidence of a police state. It's a group of rogue police officers who killed a mentally ill man for sport.

Things like this and nurses who beat and kill the elderly make me sad for the human race. These people are supposed to be protecting people, not attacking them. Sadly, unlike nurses who usually have the book thrown at them, the police have the law on their side and I'm convinced that nothing will happen.

A badge can be a license to kill the innocent. Their cop buddies will always have their backs, and the prosecuting attorneys will turn a blind eye.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafiki View Post
    I don't believe this is evidence of a police state. It's a group of rogue police officers who killed a mentally ill man for sport.

Things like this and nurses who beat and kill the elderly make me sad for the human race. These people are supposed to be protecting people, not attacking them. Sadly, unlike nurses who usually have the book thrown at them, the police have the law on their side and I'm convinced that nothing will happen.

A badge can be a license to kill the innocent. Their cop buddies will always have their backs, and the prosecuting attorneys will turn a blind eye.

When the state turns a blind eye. Then that isn't that far from a police state if not one already. It's the job of the state to punish those that break the law. Especially cops. If these guys are not charged to the fullest extent of the law. Then the crimes will continue. And our justice system is a fraud. What they did is no different than any other murdering animal's actions. These guys need to be made examples of. Police need to be made aware that this will not be tolerated and they will go to jail for these actions. The reason why these cops did this in the first place is because they knew that they would probably get away with it. Happens all the time.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    The Truth (I promise)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    When the state turns a blind eye. Then that isn't that far from a police state if not one already. It's the job of the state to punish those that break the law. Especially cops. If these guys are not charged to the fullest extent of the law. Then the crimes will continue. And our justice system is a fraud. What they did is no different than any other murdering animal's actions. These guys need to be made examples of. Police need to be made aware that this will not be tolerated and they will go to jail for these actions. The reason why these cops did this in the first place is because they knew that they would probably get away with it. Happens all the time.
    My understanding of a police state is a little different than yours. I do agree that this must be changed. Public perception of cops has turned from being the heroes of the community, to being just another gang. It's only getting worse, too. When cops start seeing themselves as privileged enforcers, instead of guardians of public safety and private property, we have a problem.

To me a police state is one where public dissent is cracked down upon, like under the Hussein regime or in Syria. There are no gun rights in a police state. There is no reasonable expectation of privacy. The judiciary no longer reviews the laws that the ruling regime puts into place. To say that we're to that point already is hyperbolic in my opinion. That isn't to say that we could head in that direction. But not yet.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafiki View Post
    My understanding of a police state is a little different than yours. I do agree that this must be changed. Public perception of cops has turned from being the heroes of the community, to being just another gang. It's only getting worse, too. When cops start seeing themselves as privileged enforcers, instead of guardians of public safety and private property, we have a problem.

To me a police state is one where public dissent is cracked down upon, like under the Hussein regime or in Syria. There are no gun rights in a police state. There is no reasonable expectation of privacy. The judiciary no longer reviews the laws that the ruling regime puts into place. To say that we're to that point already is hyperbolic in my opinion. That isn't to say that we could head in that direction. But not yet.
    Did you seen the last 2 DNC and RNC conventions? It looked like a military war zone. Public dissent and protest was definitely not allowed. Unless you went into the caged off "Free Speech" zone. And you look at things like the Patriot Act, warrantless searches, warrantless wiretaps, email and phone lines tapped at will. Let's not forget the war on drugs. The 4th amendment no longer applies and no longer is the law of the land. Now I agree we are not up to the Saddam and North Korea level. That's the extreme that no one wants. But our country is in big trouble when it comes to our liberties vs. police powers. When it comes to the constitution vs. the government. If we don't change and speak out now. Nothing good will happen.

One more thing to add. Look at all the arrests for people filming the police. People are getting arrested on their own property for filming police. It really is getting out of control and happening all over the country.
    Last edited by Dolphins9954; 07-29-2011 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Quote