Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bush vs. Bradshaw

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Bush vs. Bradshaw

Reggie Bush cost the Dolphins a player in Amaya, a draft pick, and $5M per year for 2 years.

Ahmad Bradshaw cost the Giants $4.5M per year for 4 years, no players, no draft picks.

How can this front office be so incompetent?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We have no idea what Bradshaw was asking for when they were negotiating. I believe he was asking for much more at the time and priced himself out. Dolphins couldnt wait, so went with Bush instead. Bradshaw was then forced to take the lowball offer from NYG.
    FIRE FAILBIN

Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

If any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher, Philbin said.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albany, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    We have no idea what Bradshaw was asking for when they were negotiating. I believe he was asking for much more at the time and priced himself out. Dolphins couldnt wait, so went with Bush instead. Bradshaw was then forced to take the lowball offer from NYG.
    What he said. Bradshaw was asking MUCH more at the time, until he priced himself out of every team. He settled for that money, after he was left with no real options besides signing back with New York
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post

exactly this...at the time he was probably asking what the panthers gave deangello...way too much.

i dont think the FO screwd up on this one, i think his price was probably too high,
    PHINFAN IN HONDURAS!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    my guess is he tried to drive up his price tag by shopping teams like miami, but i think he wanted to be a giant all along. The market changed when miami was no longer his leverage, so he signed for less
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jphandal View Post
    exactly this...at the time he was probably asking what the panthers gave deangello...way too much.

i dont think the FO screwd up on this one, i think his price was probably too high,
    My thoughts exactly. On top of that, Bush is the type of player that causes such mismatches...a half way compotent QB (Orton) to go with Marshall and Bess, and we've got ourselves some real, undeniable punch. Bush just adds so much versatility, especially if we can establish him in the running game. Undefendable. Now we just need to go get the QB.

Listen, Bradshaw is terrific, but he is what he is, a good productive running back. Nothing wrong with that, but I think Daniel Thomas can give us that (no, I'm not saying as well as Bradshaw). Bush, however, gives us a constant home run threat. You bring him on the field and the defense has to know where he is. I don't remember the last time the Fish had that kind of element to their offense...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Seems like a lot of thread starters as incompetent as they think the Dolphins FO is

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Outside USA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Its easier to look back after the fact.... but who knows what Bradshaw was asking for.... he got a lot less then he probably expected... after the Dolphins signed Bush, Saints signed Sproles, Bengals resigned Benson.... Redskins traded for Hightower...etc... his demand tanked.....

Reggie Bush--- regarding the draft picks... i believe it was a swap of draft picks...so Fins didnt lose a draft selection.

Reggie Contract

Signing Bonus- 2.5 million

Salary
    2011 - 2.5 million
    2012 . 4.75 million+ bonus

i believe only the guarantee money is his signing bonus.... so Fins not really taking a big risk with this signing...

Bradshaw was

5 Million dollar signing bonus

2011. 1.5 Million dollars guaranteed
    2012 3 million *2.5 of it guaranteed
    2013 3.75 million
    2014 4 million

plus workout bonuses of $250k in each offseason.

Bradshaw got 9 million dollars in guarantee money.....

I expect Daniel Thomas to be the starter.... RBs are a dime a dozen... save the money for other positions....

Bush in the meantime brings hype, hope..little risk for possible big reward....
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The ceiling for Bush is way past that for Bradshaw..just a question if he actually reaches it. Getting out of NO could be just the thing.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bahamas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ForksPhin View Post
    Reggie Bush cost the Dolphins a player in Amaya, a draft pick, and $5M per year for 2 years.

Ahmad Bradshaw cost the Giants $4.5M per year for 4 years, no players, no draft picks.

How can this front office be so incompetent?
    Try and keep up with what is happening and get the whole story before jumping on the 'incompetent FO' bandwagon.

Quote Quote