Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Preseason Coaches Poll

1. -11
    I like boobs.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    They'll be fine, maybe they won't win the Pac 12 (I think it'll be Oregon), but they're better than Florida State or LSU.

LSU would be fine, except their OC has Parkinson's and their QB is worthless. Florida State's got a good team, but who knows how good they'll actually be.

You don't really believe this, do you? And I know about our offensive woes. Believe me. We still went 11-2 in the toughest not only conference, but division in football. Coach Krags is staying on staff and was mainly brought in to improve Jordan Jefferson.

But, I digress...you actually think Stanford should be ranked 4. Wow.

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    melbourne, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    keep up the fsu hatin....lmao
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinDevil28 View Post
    You don't really believe this, do you? And I know about our offensive woes. Believe me. We still went 11-2 in the toughest not only conference, but division in football. Coach Krags is staying on staff and was mainly brought in to improve Jordan Jefferson.

But, I digress...you actually think Stanford should be ranked 4. Wow.
    You've still got to beat Alabama, and I just don't know if Jordan Jefferson can do that. Besides, they'll probably lose to Oregon in the first game, but in a shootout.

FSU just rode the momentum of a strong recruiting class. If they had Ponder, yeah, they absolutely should be ranked that high, but EJ Manuel? C'mon.

Stanford has the best QB in the nation coming back, still has alot of pieces, has a strong D (though their NT leaving will hurt them), and alot of the same coaching staff. So yeah, I really don't see a reason to downgrade them. I still think Oregon wins that conference though.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COphinphan89 View Post
    So UF's schedule now includes #22 in JAX, @ #19, @ #12, #5 at home, @ #4, and #2 an home.

Ouch.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Tie your shoes, god damn it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought FSU would be like #3 once they beat OU. Definitely thought they would be top 10 but I never expected #5. Lol. Anyway, that OU game really is going to be the one to watch. Definitely gonna try to go to that one.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    I like boobs.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    You've still got to beat Alabama, and I just don't know if Jordan Jefferson can do that. Besides, they'll probably lose to Oregon in the first game, but in a shootout.

FSU just rode the momentum of a strong recruiting class. If they had Ponder, yeah, they absolutely should be ranked that high, but EJ Manuel? C'mon.

Stanford has the best QB in the nation coming back, still has alot of pieces, has a strong D (though their NT leaving will hurt them), and alot of the same coaching staff. So yeah, I really don't see a reason to downgrade them. I still think Oregon wins that conference though.
    Jordan Jefferson played light years better toward the end of last year and he did beat Alabama. The reason Bama is rated higher in the preseason is because the game this year is at Bryant-Denney.
    About Oregon...they have some really nice speed and skill guys and are well-coached. But the line play on both sides is a complete mismatch. LSU's defense is one of the best in the country this year and has the athleticism to disrupt Oregon's timing. Auburn had one of the worst back 7s in the SEC last year, but still held Oregon to 19 points because of their disruptive defensive line. That's what sets the SEC apart from every other conference. D-line athleticism. It's just on a different level.

While I agree that Luck is the best quarterback in the country, Jim Harbough is a huge loss and they just don't have the horses to stop offenses. Stanford would likely lose 4 games in an SEC schedule.

I couldn't care less about FSU.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dead on in regards to LSU and Oregon..

Oregon will not out-athlete LSU at the skill positions, and LSU can match the speed of Oregon to the perimeter.

The difference is LSU will dominate Oregon at the line of scrimmage, on both sides of the ball...

I don't know what the spread is on this game, but with it being at a neutral site.. I'd probably take LSU and give 8 points..

All LSU needs in this one is for Jordan Jefferson to just show up.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    I like boobs.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post

Oregon will not out-athlete LSU at the skill positions, and LSU can match the speed of Oregon to the perimeter.

The difference is LSU will dominate Oregon at the line of scrimmage, on both sides of the ball...

I don't know what the spread is on this game, but with it being at a neutral site.. I'd probably take LSU and give 8 points..

Yep.

Btw man, I'm going to be at the game and we're going to outnumber Oregon fans 75-25. So while it's a neutral site, it won't be a neutral crowd.

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post

Yep.

Btw man, I'm going to be at the game and we're going to outnumber Oregon fans 75-25. So while it's a neutral site, it won't be a neutral crowd.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MelbournePhin View Post
    keep up the fsu hatin....lmao
    FSU does it to themselves managing to lose 4 games in the ****ty ACC, while replacing the 8th pick in the draft with a QB with a career 6 TD's and 10 INT's.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have to give LSU a nice edge over Oregon too. The battle for the SEC West should be fun. Should be a 2 team race between LSU and Bama, I really can't see Auburn being nearly as good without Newton, but we'll see.
    Quote Quote