Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Ticket Price

1. -41
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
    Also...do not call Direct TV and simply talk to their regular customer service reps as you won't get much out of them at all. You have to tell the automated system that you want to cancel your service, and then they send you to their retention services people. That's where you get the big deals.
    Yes. These are the ones who can get you the best deals. They are pretty much the last line of defense against cancelling their service. Wouldn't it be great to have someone here that worked or works at Direct TV. That way, they could tell us exactly how to go about it and exactly what to say to get the very best deals possible although it looks like some of us are doing pretty good on our own.

Just this year along I have gotten $710 worth of credits plus Showtime free for a year.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sinPHIN View Post
    i called earlier today and they said they couldnt do that. i dont get why only direct tv has the rights. the nfl could make so much more money if the allowed other providers have the rights too.
    i have read exploits online for this and the number 1 is to tell directv that your landlord will not allow you attach a sattelite to the house. i have yet to try this but i am going to soon i will let you know how it goes. most hdtvs have vga ports on the back for computers to hook up and you can basically have sunday ticket on your bigscreen for the 350 which i think is not a bad deal for a full season of games i would spend that at the bar alone in 4 weeks lol
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Just moved to Charlotte.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I got $20 off my bill a month for a year
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Long time poster on ESPN Fins Board

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Always go to cancellations, the are the ones with the power to change prices or give credit, not the reps
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Enter at your own risk...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Milwaukee, WI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fubar73 View Post
    called and complained about sunday ticket price. Have been a customer for about 5 years. They gave me the ticket for 200. A 120 dollar savings plus 10 dollars off my monthly package for 12 months. Would have loved sunday ticket for free but could not budge them any further. If anyone thinks I could do better or has a good suggestion I'll call back and try to work some magic.
    Threaten to cancel
    Say No to 1st Round RBs!

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Am I on speaker phone?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fubar73 View Post
    called and complained about sunday ticket price. Have been a customer for about 5 years. They gave me the ticket for 200. A 120 dollar savings plus 10 dollars off my monthly package for 12 months. Would have loved sunday ticket for free but could not budge them any further. If anyone thinks I could do better or has a good suggestion I'll call back and try to work some magic.
    Call this number for DirecTV customer service: 1-888-777-2454.

When the voice system asks what you are calling about, say "Cancel Service".

This will transfer you to a Customer Retention Representative. BE NICE and say "I need to cancel my service."

The Retention Rep will ask you why. Say, "The ONLY reason I have DirectTV is so I can get Sunday Ticket. For what you are charging now, it would cost me less to watch my team at a sports bar. I don't watch enough regular TV to justify the cost of the service without Sunday Ticket, so I just need to cancel it."

The Retention Agent will likely apologize for making you sad and come back with something like, "Sir, I am authorized to offer you x."

If x is ANYTHING less than FREE Sunday Ticket, calmly say, "Well that's generous of you but I've been a loyal customer for years and the fact that you are GIVING SUNDAY TICKET to NEW customers FOR FREE means my loyalty is NOT being returned. So you can go ahead and cancel my DirecTV service, thank you."

At this point the agent will offer it to you for free just to keep you with Direct TV. It's their job.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Enter at your own risk...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Milwaukee, WI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    exactly what I said
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Penthos View Post
    Call this number for DirecTV customer service: 1-888-777-2454.

When the voice system will asks what you are calling about, say "Cancel Service".

This will transfer you to a Customer Retention Representative. BE NICE and say "I need to cancel my service."

The Retention Rep will ask you why. Say, "The ONLY reason I have DirectTV is so I can get Sunday Ticket. For what you are charging now, it would cost me less to watch my team at a sports bar. I don't watch enough regular TV to justify the cost of the service without Sunday Ticket, so I just need to cancel it."

The Retention Agent will likely apologize for making you sad and come back with something like, "Sir, I am authorized to offer you x."

If x is ANYTHING less than FREE Sunday Ticket, calmly say, "Well that's generous of you but I've been a loyal customer for years and the fact that you are GIVING SUNDAY TICKET to NEW customers FOR FREE means my loyalty is NOT being returned. So you can go ahead and cancel my DirecTV service, thank you."

At this point the agent will offer it to you for free just to keep you with Direct TV. It's their job.
    I have tried to call and complain and get the ticket for a reduced rate but every year they tell me know because they always give me the typical, 10 off/month and say since I already have that they cannot give me anything else. Im going to try this though.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYDOLFAN305 View Post
    Its free this year..
    I heard this also on a commercial last night. Are you sure this is not for new customers only?
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Am I on speaker phone?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolpns13 View Post
    I heard this also on a commercial last night. Are you sure this is not for new customers only?
    It is "supposed" to be just for new customers. But they will give it to existing customers if they believe that's what it will take to keep them from cancelling. I believe this is why it's the first first time I've gotten Sunday Ticket for free. The last two years I've called to cancel and only gotten discounts.
    Quote Quote