Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Wisconsin Citizens Say "Thank You"

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tenn
    Thanks / No Thanks

Wisconsin Citizens Say "Thank You"

to Gov. Scott Walker.

Wisconsin voters kept in place four of six Wisconsin Republican state senators in an historic and special recall election Tuesday, preserving a Republican majority in the state Senate and endorsing an aggressive cost-cutting agenda epitomized by a controversial law to curb unions.

The collective bargaining law, pushed by 2010-installed Governor Scott Walker and approved by Republican senators invigorated by a majority in both houses of the state legislature, sharply curtailed the collective bargaining rights for most public employees. It prompted ferocious protests that rippled from the state capitol to cities across the country and led a group of Democratic senators to flee the state in an effort to preclude a vote
    Wisconsin Republicans Win 4 of 6 Seats in Recall Election, Retain Senate

This is a big win for Walker, if they re-elect him then we will know for sure if they get it.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    will you be saying thanks to Obama if he gets reelected? Thanks to Reid when he got reelected

To me, this is nothing more than an incumbent(s), who have a big advantage in elections historically, winning relection. It happens most of the time. Not everything needs to be seen as more than it is. Now 2010, that election was shaping. It did mean a lot.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i love how people like ed schultz make this into a class warfare situation. bottom line, these are public employees. all they were asked to do was to give up their collective bargaining rights. i dont understand why it is ok for the public unions to hold a gun to the taxpayers heads. i have no problem with private unions
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Enter at your own risk...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Milwaukee, WI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Big win in Wisconsin lastnight... The thing is everybody knew the Dems had no shot over taking the senate. Complete waste of time and money... Now Walker and the Senate majority can keep their focus on getting Wisconsin turned around after the crooked Doyle years. Since Walker has been elected he has done exactly what he said he was gunna do... Create Jobs, and balance the the budget. Funny thing is the Democrats are afraid because Walkers plan is actually working...
    Say No to 1st Round RBs!

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WSE View Post
    will you be saying thanks to Obama if he gets reelected? Thanks to Reid when he got reelected

To me, this is nothing more than an incumbent(s), who have a big advantage in elections historically, winning relection. It happens most of the time. Not everything needs to be seen as more than it is. Now 2010, that election was shaping. It did mean a lot.
    Recall elections are always tough to win for the challenger especially within a year of the initial elections. There is a reason why recall elections are so rare.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    not a good idea to finance your political career with public union dues in exchange for promising benefits and pensions that don't economically exist in reality.

it's selfish at best and pretty much screws over everyone you claim to represent.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tenn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WSE View Post

This was huge. Dems spend million believing they could take over the state because of the public union bargaining rights.

It blew up in their face. The people of Wisconsin realized how union were taking them under.

The only reason Obama has any chance of getting re-elected is because the Rep have no one to offer up. I never thought I'd see a Pres more incompetent than Bush. Obama has proven more than Bush that he is in over his head. The only positive he has done is kill people. Pirates & Bin-Laden. Other than that. The guy simply is a incomplete fool. Larry the cable guy could not do a worse job than Obama.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tenn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh BTW. The Post Office today ask Congress to strip the PO of it bargaining rights. Why? They have seen what Wisconsin is doing & understand how it will make them no longer a black hole.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Isnt Scott Walker one of the least popular governors in the country?
    Quote Quote