Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Article is Hilarious on Fins' GM Circus!!

1. -1
    Somebody kick Huizenga for me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami - Kendall
    Thanks / No Thanks

This Article is Hilarious on Fins' GM Circus!!

From sources on profootballtalk.com:

FINS' SEARCH MISSING MOE, LARRY & CURLY?

The ongoing saga of the Miami Dolphins in their puzzling (nice way of saying fu--ed up) search for a GM continues to baffle league insiders and NFL front offices with the recent disclosure that the Fins top brass granted an interview with former Dolphin Paul Warfield after he contacted them and requested an interview. (Note to Eddie and Wayne: you are supposed to interview guys that you call up -- not ones who call you ("Hey, this is Tommy Tunafish and I sit in Row 179 -- tell Wayne I'll be down for an interview after I finish laying this concrete slab today"). Per one front office guy we know the Dolphins "are treating this GM search like an old Three Stooges movie -- calling in guys who have little or no overall experience for the sake of saying they called them in" (we are still trying to locate the Three Stooges clip he is talking about).

Another assistant GM remarked that "a lot of teams would want to be in the same underachieving boat that the Fins are in right now . . . they are much farther along than most teams in the front office and coaching levels . . . the problem is that you have an owner who is impulsive and getting a chafed a** from the fans' comments . . . he needs to relax and change some of the assistant coaches, not the front office."

A third insider remarked that if a change has to be made "leave Rick Spielman and his staff there and have Ron 'The Legend In His Own Mind' Wolf be a consultant or whatever the hell he says he wants to be this week."
    Last edited by Dolfan02; 01-12-2004 at 03:01 AM.
    YOU STAY TO WIN THE GAME
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Belhaven, NC east coast
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That is funny but it is very true this long wait for a GM is getting crazy. Hurry up already lets start making some changes.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canton Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The reason the interview Warfield is because he an ex-dolphin plus he's black so they can say the interview more than one minority and look good to the league, they are not serious about him
    What You Lack In Talent Makeup For It With Effort !!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orange County, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Again, the source of this garbage is PFT and they are about the least reliable "source" of information ever. They are essentially the football equivalent of the "Weekly World News;" in other words, they simply make up whatever they think will get people fired up. There's little or no truth to anything they write and, for the most part, they're simply a bunch of juvenile minds who didn't get enough attention from their mommies. They're a sad bunch of sacks really.
    When the fight begins within himself,
    A man 's worth something.

-Robert Browning
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oviedo Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm going to write an article about JJ coming back to Miami and send it to the PFT and see if they print it. I'll say I'm someone who knows.

He will one day replace Jason Taylor. On the field, not on dancing with the stars.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pensacola
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I tend to believe the main reason they're waiting so long to hire a GM is because they really wanted to interview Scott Pioli from the Patriots for the job. They'll wait no longer and will name a GM this week.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At least it's not as funny as the Cardinals' coaching circus....eh, D02???

link
    At a television studio in Hollywood on Monday night, Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor was doing the fox trot. He probably was wearing makeup, too.
    About an hour south down Interstate 5, quarterback John Beck was on the verge of lining up his chicken nuggets in a shotgun formation.

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    PFT is the most low rent, amatuer site on the net. They do nothing but try and stir up things. They think by making all of these outrageous articles and comments they are being "controversial". Reality is they are just a bunch of amatures who look stupid.

I advise fans here to not read or buy into this crap, because it isn't worth your time to read it. Unless you like being led around by the nose.
    BREAKING NEWS ALL OFFSEASON LONG!
    FOLLOW FINHEAVEN ON TWITTER!

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Far be it from me to question anybody about being a "fan", but I have a hard time believing that any real Dolphins fan would find anything at all hilarious about that "article".....and I use the term loosely.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Somebody kick Huizenga for me

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami - Kendall
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by inFINSible
    Far be it from me to question anybody about being a "fan", but I have a hard time believing that any real Dolphins fan would find anything at all hilarious about that "article".....and I use the term loosely.
    THAT ARTICLE IS FREAKIN HILARIOUS I am a huge Fins fan, I don't need another questioning that FACT, especially someone way out in cyber life. Dude, you responded twice already to this thread, and both were directed to me and not the subject, get over it. Find something else with your valuable time rather than reply, if you don't like the thread. We all have work and play in our lives. Sorry that you feel that supporting a professional hometown sports team has to be serious business and not fun & leisure.
    Quote Quote