Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Who to keep?

1. -1
    Another Long Season

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Who to keep?

Im in a keeper league and dont know who to keep so im looking for some help. A few things to know about this league is that it is pretty close to standard scoring, its not ppr, and we use defensive Players instead of team defense, 2 dl 2 lb 2 db... We are allowed to keep 8 players an i narrowed it down to these players but cant decide my final 8...open to any and all suggestions

BREES QB NO
    BUSH RB MIA?????
    BOLDIN WR BAL
    LANDRY DB WAS
    COLE DL PHI
    HARVIN WR MIN
    MENDENHALL RB PIT
    KELSAY DL BUF
    9 LAURINAITIS LB STL
    10 DANSBY LB MIA
    11 DHANI JONES LB FA
    [IMG]aolemb://5240956E-0B68-4924-ACFE-EC5AE14D265E/ygpB6B1.jpg[/IMG]
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hey Ronn, out of the players you have mentioned, these are the 8 I would suggest you keep.

Brees - Its a no brainer. He is a top 5 Fantasy QB and football is becoming more of a passing game than before.
    Boldin - This is a risk or reward keeper. Who else is flacco gonna throw to? with that said the opposing defenses can double team this guy often.
    Landry - A tackling Machine. enough said.
    Cole - With even better secondary and babin joining him on the other side, he is lined up for a great season in sacks.
    Harvin - According to me he is the only legitimate deep threat in their team. I dont even consider berrian a threat in taking away from Harvin.
    Mendenhall - for lack of a better RB on your team. Bush is an attractive option, but with daniel thomas the likely starter come day one, bush should be only third RB in most leagues.
    Kelsay - good DL's are tough to find
    Dansby - I wouldnt mind either this guy or Laurinitis coz both are good against the run. Dansby is a bit better in passing situations.

Good Luck this year.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Do you have to keep 8 or is 8 the most you can keep ? Some leagues depending on the number you keep depends how many picks you get early in the draft. For now I am going to assume all teams keep 8.

First 6 are easy:

Brees - No brainer, top 5 QB
    Boldin - Not in the upper group of WR's but a solid guy with an improving QB
    Cole - One of the top 5 DL's in IDP fantasy play
    Landry - One of the top 5 DB's in IDP fantasy play
    Laurinaitis - Tackling machine, should finish top 5 LB
    Mendenhall - Top 10 RB's don't grow on trees.

Next most likely, Harvin, will be the #1 WR for the Vikings and if McNabb can at least be steady should be a solid WR, risk is if they fall out of it and turn to Ponder at QB which would mean more check downs and dump offs to start.

I honestly don't have a 8th I like to keep. You have some studs on defense but is that really the best you had to keep on offense ?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Another Long Season

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Who to keep?

Yea my offense wasnt too great my other options were like roy williams and crabtree...i think im gojng with

Brees mendenhall boldin dansby laurainitis harvin landry and cole
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Germany
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey Ronn,

well I wouldn't keep a DB, even though Landry had huge stats and all, the position is just not predictable enough there are ALWAYS good ones you can pick up from the waiver wire, since there are so many of them.

I would keep:

Brees, Mendy, Boldin, Harvin, Kelsay, Cole, Dansby, Laurinaitis...

Just my two cents. Good luck

Thank you DisturbedShifty for the amazing sig!
    Quote Quote