Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Players Who Looked/Players Who Didn't

1. -1
    Pitbull13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Players Who Looked/Players Who Didn't

Those Who Looked Good

Most are Rookies
    Wilson-Made the most plays in the secondary
    Livas-Lightning in a bottle
    Thomas-He showed great speed on the catch, There was NO run blocking
    Vontae Davis-solid start
    Edds
    Odrick
    The Tackles-Columbo and Murtha (Yes, that's right)
    Ness
    Moore looked O.K.-its against 2nd team soooooo
    Sapp-(Thanks M24) back to back plays on D
    Players Who Didn't Look Good
    Dansby-Runs right up the middle, he missed tackles too
    Middle of O Line-No push, No where for Rb's to go, couldn't tell if atlanta was run blitzing
    All the TE's- Where were they, Fasano dropped a pass which was picked
    Carpenter-missed 50 yd. feild goal, kick off returns

Interested to see how team does against Carolina

Any players I missed?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You are really dissing Carpenter for missing a 50yd. FG?
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pitbull13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    You are really dissing Carpenter for missing a 50yd. FG?
    only because I couldn't Fist Pump
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Genesis

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Moore looked better than ok. It's not his fault he was playing against second teamers. He was running for his life on most plays.
    I didn't think Ness looked good but you definitely left out Benny Sapp. Back to back huge plays on defense and that INT was sweet.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pitbull13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mandal24 View Post
    Moore looked better than ok. It's not his fault he was playing against second teamers. He was running for his life on most plays.
    I didn't think Ness looked good but you definitely left out Benny Sapp. Back to back huge plays on defense and that INT was sweet.
    You're right , I'll go back and add him
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I didnt like the punt coverage, 3x in the first half the Falcons fair catch and no one was near the guy, then late in game back to back long returns.....I want to see them next week, hopefully they get some chances to cover early.

I did like our RB, like the way they run....they are quick, shifty (make guys miss) and not afraid to run bwt tackles....when OL jells this group will be an upgrade over last yr......
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    To be honest, i was kind of surprised at what i saw after watching the replay on NFLN today!!! after reading this board i figured the world ended after the game last night ... To me it looked as if the Falcons blitzed the formations the Dolphins used on offense, when they saw 3 W/R's and 1 RB sets on passing downs or shotgun ... Miami needs to adjust blocking assignments accordingly to better protect in those situations .. and the Starting Secondary looked at times confused as to who was covering who and felt that was more of the problem as opposed to the defense playing badly, as if, they took a step back from last season ... that will all work itself out with more practice ... the O-line was bad most of the game, but the vision of the RB's was also to blame for some of the running game problems last night too .... IMO the RB's left some yards on the field due to poor decision or vision to see the holes opening up ... Sheets in particular did this on several of his runs ... I saw that Garner played 3 positions last night RT, G and C which in my opinion, is being done with a reason behind it, perhaps Garner is looked at as the primary backup leaving Berger vulnerable, but again who knows!!! as for Murtha, he had 3 bad plays that were obvious to the naked eye as i watched the game .. overall he didn't play too badly for a guy that should be a RT!!! it was also obvious; that this team has serious depth, it seemed to me once the Falcon's took out the 1st stringers the game was owned by Miami's 2nd and 3rd string players!!! I'm confident buy the 1st regular season game, things will be much more smoother on both sides of the ball ...
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    vontae was half speed. he prob knew he was coming out soon. no big injuries. mission accomplished.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jvw View Post
    I didnt like the punt coverage, 3x in the first half the Falcons fair catch and no one was near the guy, then late in game back to back long returns.....I want to see them next week, hopefully they get some chances to cover early.

I did like our RB, like the way they run....they are quick, shifty (make guys miss) and not afraid to run bwt tackles....when OL jells this group will be an upgrade over last yr......

most of the guys on those returns wont be on the team. Its getting the first team bunch ready for NE that is key to me. that is a biggy.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I seen that also from V.Davis he was not going all out, esp on that drag from J.jones for the big gain.
    Quote Quote