Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 424344454647

Thread: NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash

1. -461
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    I laughed.
    Because you don't know what you're talking about?
    "As scarce as truth is, the supply has always been in excess of the demand."
    Henry Wheeler Shaw
    Quote Quote  

2. -462
    Fins4Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spydertl79 View Post
    1. If you don't know what the difference between a "nerd" school and a good academic school is, then I can't explain it to you. FSU is a good academic school... but not a nerd school. The same can be said for South Carolina, Bama, Vandy, Kentucky, Florida, Clemson, etc.

2. The TV contracts are certainly part of the equation, but they will base their expansion decisions on other things as well.

3. FSU is a prestigious program. Only an idiot would say otherwise. It was a rough decade, just like it was for Michigan, Miami, and Notre Dame. That doesn't take away from a school's prestige, at least not by the conventional definition. National Championships, famous games, great players and coaches, etc. are what makes a program prestigious.

4. This is all speculation, we'll see what happens. I think that if the super-conference thing happens (which I hope it does) then it will be very interesting. I'm not saying that FSU will definitely be added to the SEC, but they will be part of the conversation (as they are every time the SEC expands.)

1. VA Tech is a nerd school? Ok, got it.
    2. Money is the only factor for these decisions. college football is a big business and the other schools aren't going to take a smaller amount of money to bring fsu in...and that's exactly what would happen. mike slive can't go back to the bargaining table with the networks because of a fsu addition to the conference. again, expansion for the sec is all about expanding their tv markets, and fsu doesn't bring any markets the sec doesn't already own.
    3. FSU is a very good program, but only 2 national titles and a pretty bad run the last decade doesn't make prestigious.
    4. They may be a part of the conversation everytime the SEC expands because they make themselves part of the conversation. They, rightfully so, badly want to be a part of the sec.

Just gotta take the homer glasses off and it becomes clear. And if you want to fire back with anything about Miami, trust me, I'm a realist and understand that Miami will never be a part of the sec because they don't offer any $$ much like fsu.
    Quote Quote