Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pouncey struggling with snaps?

1. -1
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

Pouncey struggling with snaps?

I keep reading that pouncey has been struggling with snapping the ball in camp, this was a nack on him coming out of college too, I hope this doesnt continue and become a problem, personally I agree with some experts who think he is better suited at guard because he one hell of a puller, I would of signed o'hara and switched pouncey to guard but hopefully this does not become a problem, but here is one of 4 or 5 reports that I have seen about his struggles in camp.

ArmandoSalguero Another high shotgun snap from Pouncey. Henne handles and still completes pass to Clyde

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/fo...#ixzz1VJErX6Fv
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    You do know high shotgun snaps are common right?

SAMMY WATKINS IS THE BEST WR IN THE COUNTRY & FUTURE MIAMI DOLPHIN!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Actually it seems like Garner was the one who struggled with snaps more. From all the beat writer tweets, it seems there was more than one bad exchange UNDER center, but most of the bad snaps I remember reading about involved Garner. But it was supposedly a really bad snapping day.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not just talking about today though this goes back to the beginning of training camp.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Lost in the fog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry, my bad - it's potentially an issue but one that seems reasonably easy to clean up. Until he costs us a turnover or two I'm not going to worry about it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boston
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I remember reading one of the beat writer articles a few days ago that all the talk about Pouncey having trouble with snaps was false and that he looked fine. I too read today's camp report and it seems that most of the problems happened with Gardner at Center
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis View Post
    Actually it seems like Garner was the one who struggled with snaps more. From all the beat writer tweets, it seems there was more than one bad exchange UNDER center, but most of the bad snaps I remember reading about involved Garner. But it was supposedly a really bad snapping day.
    That's understandable since Garner isn't a center and seems to be learning it on a "just in case" basis.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Matthew Santos: Shadows in a Shoebox
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaV9yPc_EYw
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know why, maybe just a gut feeling. But Pouncy IMO seems more suited for guard. My version of our OL would be Long, Pouncy, O'Hara, Jerry, and Carey. Of course I'm just a fan and don't have the insight of the FO. Seemed Pittsburgh visioned Pouncy as a guard also as they wanted to pair him with his brother who is already the center there. Guess we shall see.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    That's understandable since Garner isn't a center and seems to be learning it on a "just in case" basis.
    On a Just in Case basis ????? Berger is a center and our LG is probably the best center on the team and now we need a Just in Case Center ? Sorry, I do not agree with that line of thinking at all. Its more likely the third team Oline does not even have a center and they know what Garner can do as a backup G/T and they have to get a look at other guys. Cut downs are right around the corner.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oasis View Post
    Actually it was also Pouncey and not only the shotgun snaps. Just read tweets from the media on another board. I was correct, Garner was 3rd team center but as I said, Pouncey been sailing them over Hennes head of bad exchange when Henne under center. I read at least 4 different tweets from 3 different media guys saying Pouncey was having bad snaps. Each one accounted for 4 bad snaps from Pouncey. LMAO telling you, the best center on this team is our LG. The few short thrown in appearances he had last year some pounded him for a few high snaps, which was understandle, the high snaps, as he had no practice and then the next week he had 3 days.

Now, we have a first round draft pick who is a favorite because he is a Flaaaaaaaaaaawda boy, who had bad snaps in college and it appears he still has the problem and people put up with it ? LOL, the kid is a guard, not a center.

Oh, by the way, They had Jerry at third team LG and the reporters basically said he was being tossed like a cheap chef salad. I will be very surprised if John Jerry is a Miami Dolphin come the first game of the season.
    Quote Quote