Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 131415161718

Thread: Ron Paul: I don't accept the theory of evolution

1. -171
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    He was pretty much asking to see a bacteria turn into something amazing practically overnight in Earth terms.
    Tell him at some point an earthworm will turn him into small piles of **** in the ground. The **** will fertilize the grass and the grass will grow. Macro.
    Last edited by NY8123; 03-01-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    Hold My Beer and Watch This!
    Quote Quote  

2. -172
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Tell him at somepoint an earthworm will turn him into small piles of **** in the ground. Macro.
    Macro! Mutation! Dirty Apes!

Quote Quote  

3. -173
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well yes and no what Christopher failed to see is that evolution is numbers over time, microevolution can lead to macro, it doesn't have to be a quantum leap forward it can be 1000 small leaps over millennia.

I actually don't like the prefixes macro or micro with regard to evolution because as compared to time, which is infinite, everything is micro on a long enough timeline. The key is in the definition, when something becomes more dissimilar to its ancestors it is now macro as compared to lineage.

We as humans like to think we have it all figured out, whether it is evolution or God it doesn't really matter because we as a human race defined all the events. We made the definition for micro and macro and arguing that macro has never sucessfully occured is based on a human perspective of the definitions.

The other thing every single human being on the plant is basing opinions off is limit knowlege. On a cosmic timeline we as a human race have been around for about zero amount of time, if you break the age of the earth into 24 hours, humanity as we know it has been here roughly .2 seconds.
    No argument here, you're absolutely right. He was trying to disprove evolution by making it sound like it can happen in a few days, and that since it doesn't, it can't be true. His example was erroneous because short-lived organisms like bacteria only live a few days anyways. They tend not to evolve much because it doesn't make much of a difference if a certain trait is selected out at 5 days as opposed to dying naturally at 7 days, or what not. In that short amount of time, the organism is going to reproduce as much as it can, and since there are no predators to bacteria outside of other bacteria, there is no selection happening there either.

More than that, evolution is a response to changes in an environment and certain traits and characteristics giving advantages to one over another. What changes in environment are bacteria and short-lived insects experiencing in his examples? You can't simply breed one trait then expect it to stick. That trait has to give an advantage to that organism over his competitors.

Plus, he kept trying to make it sound like he wasn't a creationist and tip-toeing around it because he knew he couldn't really explain his beliefs on it. He was a pretty good troll, all things considered...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -174
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Damn, I get busy for a few days, come back, and the dude is pinked. It's about time, I figured his constant personal attacks were getting really close to the TOS line.

By the way, good stuff tyler. Much respect for actually debating this clown. Evolution is numbers, not time? Get the hell out of here with that crap...
    M

More lies, Locke? You realize that others can see that you were posting here those few days you were busy, right? lol You were run off because you were caught in a lie and too stupid to debate this topic. At least tyler tried...you ran away like a little *****. You tried to discredit me only after I left. Then, when NY183 wrote that you and I were both right, you agreed with him while still calling me wrong. How ****ing retarded are you? lol

I was banned because I called the admin a troll when he was acting like a troll. It's funny the way people just get banned when they speak the truth.

And Tyler, I wasn't expecting bacteria to change overnight. Once more, and contrary to what NY183 wrote, it is about the NUMBERS...not time. The e. coli bacteria in that study had 50,000 generations and all they did was developed a new way to use some new food. However, you suspect that humans evolved from some ape-like creature in about 80,000 generations. That's absurd.
    Quote Quote  

5. -175
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHeretic View Post
    M

More lies, Locke? You realize that others can see that you were posting here those few days you were busy, right? lol You were run off because you were caught in a lie and too stupid to debate this topic. At least tyler tried...you ran away like a little *****. You tried to discredit me only after I left. Then, when NY183 wrote that you and I were both right, you agreed with him while still calling me wrong. How ****ing retarded are you? lol

I was banned because I called the admin a troll when he was acting like a troll. It's funny the way people just get banned when they speak the truth.

And Tyler, I wasn't expecting bacteria to change overnight. Once more, and contrary to what NY183 wrote, it is about the NUMBERS...not time. The e. coli bacteria in that study had 50,000 generations and all they did was developed a new way to use some new food. However, you suspect that humans evolved from some ape-like creature in about 80,000 generations. That's absurd.

I'm a researcher, student, and a professor. I get busy, especially when midterms are coming up. Unlike yourself, I don't always have time to hover on a message board. But when I do, I don't waste my time with belligerent retards with a false sense of grandeur and no idea what it is they're crowing about. Running away? Don't flatter yourself...
    Quote Quote  

6. -176
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly I have a theory about life and the scale of life. I feel that life is infinitely big and at the same time infinitely small. Think about it like a microscope, we look at the microscope and we see the unit, the lens, the reticle, the frame. When we look through the microscope we see things that we would never have been able to see before, details about whatever it is we are looking at but you no longer can see the microscope as a unit because your eyes are focused through the scope. The same could be said if you observe the microscope from space, now it looks like nothing but a planet feature, it looks like something completely different than what it is because of scale.

Now multiply this scale by a billion times each direction and you have what I am talking about, life on a grade scale in and around everything known and everything that is ever going to be known, anything created or ever was or will be created is alive and will be alive on both a infinitely small and large scale. Separated by boundaries in time based on scale. We may die or move on from one scale only to be necessary on the larger and small scales and this transcends all the boundaries on an infinite level.
    Quote Quote  

7. -177

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJizzMopper View Post
    M

Bacteria become more efficient and become different in 50,000 generations. Observable fact. Apes improve a little in 80,000 generations...IMPOSSIBLE DAMMIT!
    Quote Quote  

8. -178
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Bacteria become more efficient and become different in 50,000 generations. Observable fact. Apes improve a little in 80,000 generations...IMPOSSIBLE DAMMIT!
    You're losin' it bud. You are quoting pinked users in a forum that can not be read by pinked users lol. Don't let it get under your skin.
    Quote Quote  

9. -179

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You're losin' it bud. You are quoting pinked users in a forum that can not be read by pinked users lol. Don't let it get under your skin.
    I have been mad in this thread before, but that post wasnt one of those times. I was more trying to make a joke
    Quote Quote