Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hilliard

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Hilliard

Not sure if Im the only one, but I've been really disappointed that Hilliard has not received a fair crack to show what he has.

We hear about the organisation encouraging D. Thomas not to hesitate as much but to explode through the hole. From the few reps over the last 2 years with Hilliard, that is all he does. He hits the hole and hits it hard.

I thought after week 1 when they pulled Thomas from the goal line as he wasn't getting it done to put in Hilliard who did get it done, that this would raise some eyebrows and there would be a chance he'd see more of the field.

Such a shame, he'll be one of these kids who doesnt get a shot until it's too late or he's on another team.
    Pat
    Offensive Coordinator
    www.londonblitz.com
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tennessee
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm not sure they have really let us see quite enough of Hilliard for me to really have a fair evaluation/opinion of him at this point. Found it interesting to see him blocking some last night. (like on the LJ TD)
    http://www.finheaven.com/signaturepics/sigpic30273_1.gif
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Underpaying All Free Agents

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Some players are so good on special teams that it keeps them dumped down the depth chart without a real chance to get boosted to the starting unit. Hilliard had to realize this the moment Larry Johnson got signed.

The Miami Dolphins: Your home for QBs weeping in the fetal position since 1999.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    after 3 years, I'm fairly certain they are aware of Lex Hilliard's capabilities.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree. I would have liked to see more of him during the preseason. I liked what I saw from him late last year running the ball, but I guess the coaching staff knows enough about him to make their evaluations based on other things.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wonder if they're planning to put HILLIARD at FB. When he got the chance to play some FB last season, he did well as a lead-blocker. POLITE sucked at lead-blocking last season, and did NONE of the other things well that FBs are expected to do. His pass-protect is mediocre on his best day, and he looks like he has MS or PARKINSON'S when going out for a pass in the "flat". MIAMI needs an upgrade at FB to run effectively.

HILLIARD at FB would explain signing JOHNSON instead of certain other F/A HBs. Just wondering...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradeana View Post
    I wonder if they're planning to put HILLIARD at FB. When he got the chance to play some FB last season, he did well as a lead-blocker. POLITE sucked at lead-blocking last season, and did NONE of the other things well that FBs are expected to do. His pass-protect is mediocre on his best day, and he looks like he has MS or PARKINSON'S when going out for a pass in the "flat". MIAMI needs an upgrade at FB to run effectively.

HILLIARD at FB would explain signing JOHNSON instead of certain other F/A HBs. Just wondering...
    I believe you are on the right track. Hillard is really a jack of all trades that probably make him the master of none but I believe he is highly valued because of that. If a half back goes down like Ronnie did a couple of years ago he can fill in, he filled in well for Polite last year and he is a great special teams player. Once you make him a starter at just one position you loose all that and thats very valuable. They know that and really do no want to change it. Cobbs basically fit in the same way until he started to get injured. Hillard also run a little too tall which might beat him up physcially if he was a full time starter.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkishFin99 View Post
    I agree. I would have liked to see more of him during the preseason. I liked what I saw from him late last year running the ball,
    You must have been the only person in the world that
    liked what you saw from Hilliard running the ball late last season

since he had ZERO rushing attempts ALL season
    Didn't rush with the ball all season

He did have 1 reception for 3 yards and that was his production for the year
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Chainsaw

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Houston
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hilliard should get a shot. I knew Thomas wasn't good before he was drafted. Hilliard is definitely better than him. But, Sporano is just like he always is. He wants to give his high picks the higher rating regardless of what they do on the field just like he did Henne.

Anything less than 10 wins and Ross should clean house.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think Lex Hilliard is an every down back.

Whenever he has to carry the ball several times in a game, he comes back to the huddle breathing extremely hard, with a look on his face like he's going to throw up & die.

He's the opposite of Jerome Bettis. Bettis would pound the defense again & again, and he'd always get up smiling, excited, ready to do some more damage.
    Quote Quote