Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick praises Miami Dolphins – per the usual

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick praises Miami Dolphins – per the usual

Bill Belichick was so excited to praise the Miami Dolphins earlier today, he called in 15 minutes early to his scheduled teleconference with South Florida media. The overriding theme of Belichick’s call: “The Dolphins are great!”OK, so he didn’t say exactly. But it might as well have been so. If you take Belichick’s words literally, the Dolphins are Super Bowl bound. To the discerning listener, though – or even one not so discerning – it’s clear that Belichick is a master of praising the opponent, a skill common to many in his position.Nonetheless, here are some thoughts – or at least, some words – from Belichick on a variety of topics:-on Chad Henne and how improved he has looked throughout the preseason:“Well, I think he’s been a good quarterback. I think he’s been good this year, he’s been good in previous years. He’s certainly given us a lot of problems. He’s looked pretty good to me.”-the weapons they have surrounded Henne with:“Oh, sure. Reggie’s a very dynamic player. You know, great receiver as a running back – part receiver, part running back. Hard guy to match up against – has a lot of explosive plays. You know, you give him a little space, and he can gain a lot of yards in a hurry. All the receivers have done a good job going down the field. Hartline, Marshall, Gates. So I think they have a good – they certainly have a good well-balanced group of skill players offensively. And backs that really complement each other. And receivers that can make big plays as well as players like Fasano and Bess that are really good solid players that seem to always play well against us.”-on the Dolphins’ new-look offense overall:“Well I think they’ve got a lot of good players – they’ve been productive in the preseason. You know, we’ll see what it actually is on Monday night. I’m sure they’re holding some things back and whether they’re actually going to do exactly what it is they’ve done in [the] preseason, I don’t know. We have to prepare for it. But I’m sure they have other things to do, too. So they’ve been productive, they’ve got a lot of good players, they have a good scheme – you know, they’ll be tough to stop.”-on the recent addition of former Dolphins LB A.J. Edds:“Based on our situation, we think he can help our football team. And he was available, so that’s why we got him.”-on the Dolphins defense, particuarly the front seven:“Think they’re good. Think they’re big, they’re physical. They can run well. They have good depth. And I think it’s really – it’s a good group. Inside linebackers are fast, outside linebackers are powerful. Hard to deal with at the end of the line of scrimmage, good pass rushers. Strong, physical group inside. I think they’re real good.”http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...tinel+Blogs%29
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo Legendary
Gift received at 06-10-2014, 02:54 AM from DisturbedShifty
Message: Here ya go man.  In the future things like this are in the vShopXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Hey Bill, Does Miami have good players?
    Chubbs
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!

Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphins Homer1972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    That looks like the most consecutive words Bill Belichick has ever said
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tennessee
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In fairness, he has been consistent in picking up our cast offs. Must mean he thought they were good too. Typical coach speak though. Pats look better if they beat such a good team.
    http://www.finheaven.com/signaturepics/sigpic30273_1.gif
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Tired of all the talk already...just play the freakin game!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It sucks that he knows who Gates is already, I wanted him to find out the hard way =)
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo Legendary
Gift received at 06-10-2014, 02:54 AM from DisturbedShifty
Message: Here ya go man.  In the future things like this are in the vShopXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM from DisturbedShifty
    Quote Originally Posted by McMichael81Fan View Post
    It sucks that he knows who Gates is already, I wanted him to find out the hard way =)
    I am glad he knows, now he is forced to compensate for Gates speed. Should open up the middle of the field more.
    Gates doesnt even have to catch more then 4 balls this season to be an effective weapon for this offense.
    Chubbs
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    AFC EAST CHAMPIONS!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he does this with Buffalo too, that should tell you something.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TB12 View Post
    he does this with Buffalo too, that should tell you something.
    Nobody really takes it serious anyways. We know he's just being respectful.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SebasMiamiFan View Post
    Nobody really takes it serious anyways. We know he's just being respectful.
    Exactly he is being smug and sarcastic..If I was Tony I would show this to the team.. Show him how is praising them withouth them even doing anything yet..I would say "Hey guys I watched the tape last year too and we didnt do our jobs.. Bill knows that and thats what he is counting on come Monday night. He is counting on you not doing your job...Lets all go out and do our job starting with getting to their prettyboy qb, show them how great it is to play us when we do our jobs"
    Quote Quote