Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Some games to look forward too and games that you currently Enjoy

1. -31
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    I have been thinking about buying the witcher but I am waiting to hear from you guys on here for your thoughts on the game and if it is worth the 60+ for the game.
    One of the best RPGs I've played in years.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    I can wait that long, look forward to hearing your thoughts on the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    That's such a bad*** talent to have. I wish I could make stuff like that...

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

I think I'll be starting it in a week or so, so if you can wait until then, I'll be able to give you a pretty good idea of how good it is...
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper1016 View Post
    I can wait that long, look forward to hearing your thoughts on the game.
    Well, the first that pops out to me is this a difficult game. I'm only midway through chapter 1, but if you aren't used to playing games like this, it'll have a steep learning curve. Lots of small things you need to have a good understanding of to build a strong character. It's also difficult as far as gameplay goes. There isn't too much to defend yourself with, at least not yet. You'll need to be a patient person, both with learning the large amount of information it has, as well as knowing you're going to die. A lot.

That said, it's a damn good game so far. Very very adult themes. A few hours into the game, I've seen some dude get his head hacked off, a king get his throat slit all gruesomely, a hot red head completely naked (and yes, you get an eyeful of the good stuff), and some villagers hung from the gallows. From what I've heard, there will be some explicit sex scenes eventually (I'm just hoping the wifey isn't around when I hit those parts). I'm someone who likes a challenge, so I'm enjoying the combat so far. I've died quite a few times, and I'm thinking it's only going to get worse. Amazing graphics. The characters themselves are well-rendered and it has beautiful environments. The voice acting has been superb so far, and I think I've only seen an issue once or twice where the voice acting doesn't line up with the face movements.

If you don't mind a steep learning curve and challenging game, I would absolutely recommend it. I'd say it's worth 60 bucks...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought the game was pretty easy on easy difficulty. The medium difficulty definitely provides a challenge however. You'll need to learn how to make potions and poisons and use them. And as you said, there will be times when you're going to die a few times and you'll have to come up with a strategy. I prefer a little challenge though. Definitely a steep learning curve though, but should be fine if you start with easy instead of jumping in at medium right off the bat.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    I thought the game was pretty easy on easy difficulty. The medium difficulty definitely provides a challenge however. You'll need to learn how to make potions and poisons and use them. And as you said, there will be times when you're going to die a few times and you'll have to come up with a strategy. I prefer a little challenge though.
    How bad are the sex scenes? Don't give me details, I just need to know if I need to make sure the wife isn't around when I those parts. She is usually pretty cool about stuff like this, but I really don't want to risk it...
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How bad are the sex scenes? Don't give me details, I just need to know if I need to make sure the wife isn't around when I those parts. She is usually pretty cool about stuff like this, but I really don't want to risk it...
    They're not too bad. Better safe than sorry though I suppose.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    They're not too bad. Better safe than sorry though I suppose.
    Awesome, thanks man. As long as she doesn't walk in and see a red head with her head in some dude's crotch, I don't think she is going to care. Maybe give me a sigh, but I can deal with that...
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    Thanks for the info. I have been on the fence for a while but I heard the learning curve is steep. Usually im not into these types of games but this one just seems different to me. I will more the likely pick this up in the next week or so. Thanks again for the information.
    Well, the first that pops out to me is this a difficult game. I'm only midway through chapter 1, but if you aren't used to playing games like this, it'll have a steep learning curve. Lots of small things you need to have a good understanding of to build a strong character. It's also difficult as far as gameplay goes. There isn't too much to defend yourself with, at least not yet. You'll need to be a patient person, both with learning the large amount of information it has, as well as knowing you're going to die. A lot.

That said, it's a damn good game so far. Very very adult themes. A few hours into the game, I've seen some dude get his head hacked off, a king get his throat slit all gruesomely, a hot red head completely naked (and yes, you get an eyeful of the good stuff), and some villagers hung from the gallows. From what I've heard, there will be some explicit sex scenes eventually (I'm just hoping the wifey isn't around when I hit those parts). I'm someone who likes a challenge, so I'm enjoying the combat so far. I've died quite a few times, and I'm thinking it's only going to get worse. Amazing graphics. The characters themselves are well-rendered and it has beautiful environments. The voice acting has been superb so far, and I think I've only seen an issue once or twice where the voice acting doesn't line up with the face movements.

If you don't mind a steep learning curve and challenging game, I would absolutely recommend it. I'd say it's worth 60 bucks...
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    The Ghost

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I decided to start over on Kingdoms of Amalur now that I'm pretty much done with Skyrim until the DLC comes out. This game is definitely more awesome than I remembered, or maybe I just didn't get far enough before.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Black Crown Initiate: Withering Waves
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlqJA1Rteio
    Quote Quote  

10. -40

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    I decided to start over on Kingdoms of Amalur now that I'm pretty much done with Skyrim until the DLC comes out. This game is definitely more awesome than I remembered, or maybe I just didn't get far enough before.
    I played on hard with a rogue. I used 2 daggers as my primary and a bow for my secondary. Once I leveled up bow enough, I pretty much just slaughtered everything. I'll come back later on and try it as a mage...
    Quote Quote