Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Syracuse and Pitt to the ACC

1. -51
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Didn't the BE poach teamas from the A10 and Conf USA for years?
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I would expect it would be in the rotation at some point, either MSG or the new Barclay's Center in Brooklyn.
    I agree. They need to get out of that run down sorry as* greensboro arena. That place is a dump. Couldn't hold a candle to the garden.

Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Didn't the BE poach teamas from the A10 and Conf USA for years?
    Yeah because the ACC raided them. It left the Big East with no choice. They would of enver went after those teams from conf USA if the ACC didn't but in.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the Big 12 get their act together and decide to expand to a full 12 teams again, Louisville is on their list and we're as good as gone from the Big East.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    Yeah because the ACC raided them. It left the Big East with no choice. They would of enver went after those teams from conf USA if the ACC didn't but in.
    They took Rutgers and WVU from the A10 in the 90s, long before the ACC took BC, Miami & Va Tech.

I agree. They need to get out of that run down sorry as* greensboro arena. That place is a dump. Couldn't hold a candle to the garden.
    Greensboro is great, it's ACC tradition. A tradition no other conf can compare to. They rortate it so it's ok to play once in a while in NY or other places but it should still be in Greensboro in most years.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like the Greensboro tourney. I'd say if they do go 16 teams then just split it up.....northern league plays their tourney in NYC, southern league in the same locations.....Greensboro, Atlanta, DC. Then give the teams a rest day and hold the final in some other professional arena.....you could rotate amongst the likes of Boston, Brooklyn, Miami, Atl, Charlotte....plenty of places to choose from.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They took Rutgers and WVU from the A10 in the 90s, long before the ACC took BC, Miami & Va Tech.

Greensboro is great, it's ACC tradition. A tradition no other conf can compare to. They rortate it so it's ok to play once in a while in NY or other places but it should still be in Greensboro in most years.
    sorry but greensboro is not the garden. not even close. that place is tradition u say, well so is the garden. where would u rather watch a basketball??? ask anyone--the garden. why do u think nba stars look forward coming to the garden to play. they love it there and the atmosphere that goes along with it. no offense, but who says , man i want to go to greensboro, nc for a few days to hang out. come on now, most ppl would pick nyc over nc. I am sure it's a lovely city but it's not nyc.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    If the Big 12 get their act together and decide to expand to a full 12 teams again, Louisville is on their list and we're as good as gone from the Big East.
    I certainly hope not. They have a great basketball series going on lately with my Huskies. It would be a shame to lose them.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I certainly hope not. They have a great basketball series going on lately with my Huskies. It would be a shame to lose them.
    I think the writing is on the wall. If the Big 12 decide to stay at 10 then they'll invite BYU but if the go to 12 teams then everything we've been hearing in the news is that Louisville is right after BYU in line. We'll expand our stadium to 75K (it's 55K right now) and not look back at the Big East.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    I think the writing is on the wall. If the Big 12 decide to stay at 10 then they'll invite BYU but if the go to 12 teams then everything we've been hearing in the news is that Louisville is right after BYU in line. We'll expand our stadium to 75K (it's 55K right now) and not look back at the Big East.

that would suck. man big east is in trouble, more ways then one. it is funny because i root for georgia in f'ball and uconn for b'ball and their conferences r very different now. big east is falling apart while sec looks like it wants to add 2 more teams possibly. i hope uconn stays loyal.
    Quote Quote