Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: How do I post a pic??/

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

How do I post a pic??/

I tried to put a pic on my thread post and all that it put was the jpeg file name in that spot and not the actual picture.

I clicked on the "image" icon and then selected my picture from my computer and then hit the "upload" button.
    What did I do wrong?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Are you trying to upload it from you computer? Or from a image hosting site like Photo Bucket?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You did it correctly...but next time uncheck the box that reads, "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

This will post the actual image in the thread and not as an attachment.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was uploading from my computer.

Thanks JCane.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok it's still not putting the picture up. I clicked the "image" button and selected to "upload from computer" and then picked the picture from my computer file, switched over and unchecked the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" button and it still just puts the file name in my post.

What do I do??
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarnics13 View Post
    Ok it's still not putting the picture up. I clicked the "image" button and selected to "upload from computer" and then picked the picture from my computer file, switched over and unchecked the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" button and it still just puts the file name in my post.

What do I do??
    If you are trying to upload a image for a sig, I suggest using a image hosting site for that. It is just easier. Try Photobucket.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm by no means a computer whiz so I don't really understand what is considered a "sig"

From time to time I desire to post a picture in a thread post that portrays what I am responding to. I see a lot of people putting funny pictures when someone posts something ridiculous and I don't know how to do it.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarnics13 View Post
    I'm by no means a computer whiz so I don't really understand what is considered a "sig"

From time to time I desire to post a picture in a thread post that portrays what I am responding to. I see a lot of people putting funny pictures when someone posts something ridiculous and I don't know how to do it.
    if there's a graphic you'd like to post from somewhere on the web, right click on it to "copy image url"

(Just make sure it's not oversized and puffs out the page.)

then scoot on back to the thread and use the image icon dropdown to paste the image in "from url" and as JCane directed, uncheck the "retrieve remote file.....". The bottom line is you want the image address sandwiched between the HTML tags. After a few times, it'll become second nature to you. Of course if you don't want to use an icon assist, you can just type both tags and paste the image url between the first tagclosing and second tag opening brackets... and as JT for president would say "voila!"

Last edited by Vaark; 09-23-2011 at 11:36 AM.

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."
    Margaret Mead

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I appreciate it... So from what you're explaining I take it that it doesn't work with an image of mine I have in "My Documents" on my computer, it has to be a web based image with a URL?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Theoretically you should be able to by merely choosing "from computer" instead of "from url" on that drop down image icon menu...and then browsing the hd for the file. But for some reason whenever I try that, it gets rejected as being XKbs above limit. Case in point, I just tried a `17kb avi and it was rejected as being 91.3kb above limit. Figure that one out

So it's possible I'm doing this wrong myself, or it could be a glitch in the system. Hopefully one of our gurus like a wild guy named Bill might wanna weigh in.
    Quote Quote