Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Re-Focused – Texans @ Dolphins, Week 2

1. -1
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks

Snippet Re-Focused – Texans @ Dolphins, Week 2

Some good and bad blurbs about Miami in this write up at Profootball Focus. I can not say I disagree with any of it.

The Texans won this without their offense really getting out of third gear; they seemed like a group with plenty of self-assurance and a little to spare in the tank as well. That’s more than can be said for the “new” defense which creaked around the edges and despite never really breaking, looked average. However, average is a step on from last year and you can’t see them writing too many checks that the offense won’t be at least able to make a decent fist of cashing.

Miami, mostly due to Chad Henne, looked a tad underdone as they just about kept in the game, but somehow, always looked out of it. Obviously leaving two field goals of 34 and 22 yards unmade and having Daniel Thomas’ fumble come just as the offensive line was beginning to open some holes, was unhelpful but blaming these things alone would be wrong. For example, while the defense has now played two of the premier offenses in the league you have to expect more of this talented group. With two weeks gone only Randy Starks and Cameron Wake have played anything approaching well and even they have struggled in certain facets of play.
    http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...lphins-week-2/
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    brandon marshall drops in endzone. that sure made henne a "tad underdone"
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This team looks like they were bowling and going to the movies rather than practicing. Oh wait.....

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    MostHated

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    brandon marshall drops in endzone. that sure made henne a "tad underdone"
    Henne looked bad. half of the catches marshall makes would be interceptions or way over another players head if it were thrown to someone else.
    that first long pass to marshall was pitiful. the only td chad threw was due to marshall being able to manhandle jason allen 12 yards before the endzone.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by next-year View Post
    Henne looked bad. half of the catches marshall makes would be interceptions or way over another players head if it were thrown to someone else.
    that first long pass to marshall was pitiful. the only td chad threw was due to marshall being able to manhandle jason allen 12 yards before the endzone.
    What about the Marshall drop? Did Henne look bad on that throw?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thats why we have Marshall, to make those plays where you just give him a chance, because hes the best player on the field to go up and get the ball. But he sometimes makes the chambers drop.

Lets throw out the dropped TD, the fumble, the 2 missed gimme FGs, and the Fins didn't have a chance.... ok? As bad as we played we were in there, just too much went wrong at the wrong time.

Lets just throw out all the easy opportunities we had and say we played horrible... wtf is that? We played bad because we didn't convert high school ****. We convert that easy stuff and we probably win.

(On Miami sports teams being popular)

-“That’s not competition,” LeBron said. “That’s like you rooting for your family members. That’s not competition at all. It would be great to have him, but we’ll see.”

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the marshall drop i don't think the ball would have been in the endzone anyways...i don't think it would have crossed the plane...which means likely 4th and goal from the 1 foot mark and god knows we wouldn't have gotten in then...not with this goalline unit and reggie bush in the backfield
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    the marshall drop i don't think the ball would have been in the endzone anyways...i don't think it would have crossed the plane...which means likely 4th and goal from the 1 foot mark and god knows we wouldn't have gotten in then...not with this goalline unit and reggie bush in the backfield
    The Marshall drop was a perfect pass right in Marshalls hands in the middle of the endzone . . . you are thinking of something else. Henne laid that pass out perfectly and Marshall dropped it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    I think the drop is referring to the one in the back of the endzone where it was laid out for him pretty nicely, maybe a little too much velocity. Marshall left his feet and it looked like he thought about getting his feet down before he caught the ball. But for the catches this guy makes, that was probably a 6 of 10.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    oh got ya...yeah different play...i know which one you guys are talkin about and its not easy to lay out like that but it is brandon marshall so i'd say 8 out of 10 times he makes that catch...a little out in front imo but a guy of his caliber should definitely come down with it
    Quote Quote