Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If we can't beat "elite" teams who can we beat?

1. -1
    Reading Is Fundamental

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17Cam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

If we can't beat "elite" teams who can we beat?

I see people post excuses as to why we lost the 1st 2 games, saying things like " what'd you expect those 1st 2 teams are elite teams" or "playoff team". Sorry but if we can't beat teams like that what hope do we have as dolfans? If we're supposed to be a superbowl contending team we SHOULD be able to beat those considered "elite/playoff" teams. I really don't understand that excuse 1 bit. After watching the past 2 games and if we lose to the Browns (which i have a bad feeling will happen) tomorrow get ready for a long season...
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    isnt it the other way around? If we cant beat poor teams, then we are screwed. But we just lost to two elite teams that many teams lose to...I wouldn't worry about it. I think it's the other way around, man..
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Reading Is Fundamental

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks

How so? If you dont expect to beat an "elite/playoff" how do you expect to win a superbowl?
    Or a playoff game for that matter.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Formerly Fiedler for MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    A van down by the river
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Houston isnt elite. They have yet to qualify for the playoffs in their existence, including 1 winning season and a 6-10 record last year. We lost a home game to a team we should've beaten. What an embarrassment.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Reading Is Fundamental

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMarksBros. View Post
    Houston isnt elite. They have yet to qualify for the playoffs in their existence, including 1 winning season and a 6-10 record last year. We lost a home game to a team we should've beaten. What an embarrassment.
    Thats what alot of people are saying "elite/playoff" team, and yes i agree they're not elite and we should've beaten them.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Houston isn't elite. If we had any coaching at all, we would have beaten them.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbunglez View Post
    I see people post excuses as to why we lost the 1st 2 games, saying things like " what'd you expect those 1st 2 teams are elite teams" or "playoff team". Sorry but if we can't beat teams like that what hope do we have as dolfans? If we're supposed to be a superbowl contending team we SHOULD be able to beat those considered "elite/playoff" teams. I really don't understand that excuse 1 bit. After watching the past 2 games and if we lose to the Browns (which i have a bad feeling will happen) tomorrow get ready for a long season...
    And both games were at home, did I mention this crew is 1-11 at home the last 12 games?.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think some of you are a lil off the mark with Houston.They have A better QB, they have one of if not the best WR's in the game and same go's for their running back.

Also we have never beaten them.So to think we would of this year is wack, same go's for people thinking we should of beat the Pats..............did you all sleep last year and make like they didn't beat us silly.I mean come on, odds are we were going to start the year 0-2.

Can we beat the Browns, sure.Will we.........who knows, but i wouldn't lay money down on it, and most of you wouldn't either.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbunglez View Post
    I am sick of this excuse as well. Here we are in the fourth year of this rebuilding thing and we should be able to beat those teams. I mean seriously, when do some of these people think we will be good enough? I guess in 10 years maybe Sparano and company might figure out how to beat the pats, or even the texans.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Easy, we don't expect us to win a Super Bowl. We just don't stack up against the best. We have the ability to hang with them before they blow us out of the water. There was a lot of talk before hand about where we would be after week 4. Most of us realistically saw the 'Phins at 0-2, and then maybe 1-1 in weeks 3 and 4. I just don't know where you came up with "supposed to be Super Bowl contenders" when the consensus was 6 to 9 wins this season. If you were talking in general then I see what you mean and we SHOULD be able to handle elite teams. This season as of week 2 we don't have what it takes to play with the best.
    Quote Quote