Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The AFC east goes thru .. Buffalo ????

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBillsFan View Post
    They can be as angry as they want, it doesn't mean that they will somehow learn to play defense.

They have been HORRENDOUS on D in their first three games. If the Pats are relying on solely on Brady to win it for them, take a look at Indy for an example of when the poop hits the fan.
    They have been relying mostly on Brady for a decade, Brady won't throw 2 INTs in a game often let alone 4. NE is going to be just fine unfortunately.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

The AFC east goes thru .. Buffalo ????

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Shalacked? It was a one score game int he final minutes. Enjoy your start but be careful. I am impressed w/ the Bills but we all still know the division is about the Pats and Jets. 3-0 is great(weren't you 4-0 a few years ago?) ut there is a long way to go. if Buf is ahead of us in Novemeber I'll begin to be concerned.

So far Fitz has been better this year but Mark has won huge games in January, Fitz has never played in a big game in his life. Let's see him do it against good defenses(he has yet to play one of them thisyear) and let's see him lead his team to wins in big games in dec and january. Then I will begin to change my mind.

Yes thank Tony Romo but you guys clearly dominated your last 2 opponents, you got penalty after penalty to keep the drive alive against oak then you needed a QB to thow 4 INTs

I get that you gus are excited since it has been so long since you have even competed for a playoff spot but relax and enjoy 3-0 w/o looking too far ahead.

You had 2 great wins over good teams at home but getting into huge holes iosn't a formula for success. It's great you came back but you need to play more complete games to expect to be a playoff contender. You also have yet to face a quality defense and your D has been gashed. There's a long way to go, I will be surprised if Buffalo is a playoff team this year,

Do I think they will tank it? of course not but at the end of the year it will be the Pats and Jets back in postseason.
    You couldn't even beat the Raiders. You probably won't beat the Pats. How could you possibly not be concerned about Buffalo. Funny.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

The AFC east goes thru .. Buffalo ????

Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    **** no lol.

The Patriots and Jets are still top dog in the AFC East I don't care what happened on Sunday the Bills are a nice team and they're fun to watch. But late in the season when it's time for big boy football, the Jets and Patriots will rise to the occasion.

The Bills beat the Chiefs and a Raider team on a short week and the Raiders had to travel cross-country. Raiders simply ran out of gas in the end. Jets travel cross-country and they get beat by the Raiders. This is the NFL.
    And your excuse for the Bills beating the Pats? ... Exactly.

I can't wait to come back to this thread in a few weeks and serve some crow.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    vvv The Scariest Buffalo Bill

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They have been relying mostly on Brady for a decade, Brady won't throw 2 INTs in a game often let alone 4. NE is going to be just fine unfortunately.
    Not the way I see it, but we can just agree to disagree.

The Giants absolutely win it all w/ Sanchez and they probably have more playoff wins and playoff apps if Sanchez is their QB, we probably don't even make a title game w/ Eli the last 2 years........
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks

RAINMAN

Quote Originally Posted by literatestylish View Post
    And your excuse for the Bills beating the Pats? ... Exactly.

I can't wait to come back to this thread in a few weeks and serve some crow.
    Patriots are AGAIN vastly overrated. They can't get anyone off the field on third down. SAME problems they had last season and the SAME problems they'll have this season.

And for the record, I predicted the Bills would beat the Patriots FOR THE VERY REASONS that happened.

Am I ****ing good or what?

Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Houston is above average at best. They're not even arguably one of the best teams in the league. They're a playoff team...another playoff team that we can't beat because we don't have a coach and we don't have a QB. New England, again, is vastly overrated. When it comes to stopping teams on third down...they can't do it. Don't be surprised if Buffalo beats New England today. But New England is New England...why?

Great QB. Great head coach.

Chad Henne is the guy?

You must be trolling.

Buffalo is a nice team. They're fun to watch. You can't NOT root for Ryan Fitzpatrick and Stevie Johnson is the best player a lot of people don't know about. But at the end of the season, I'll take the Jets, and I'll take the Patriots over the Bills.

So come on back and serve JCane up some of that "crow" you think you'll have. And you'd better come back because believe me, JCane will come looking for you.

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by literatestylish View Post
    You couldn't even beat the Raiders. You probably won't beat the Pats. How could you possibly not be concerned about Buffalo. Funny.
    You guys squeaked by the Raiders at home so let's not act like you thrashed them. You got the Raiders on a short week flying across Coutnry playing a 10AM(their time) game, we got them in their home opener(sold out for the first time in years) flying across Country.

I haven't said Buf is bad, I haven't said Buf will suck but they have to prove it more than 3 games. I have to see more to be convinced they are in it for the long haul. We'll see what happens, it's silly to make proclamations after 3 games.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky_Fan34 View Post
    If only. People have been saying this for years and it simply doesn't happen. New England will go back to being New England next week. Brady probably won't throw 4 picks in a game for the another season or 2. The Bills have now angered the Patriots. This does not bode well for the team next in their path.
    Prior to Sunday, conventional wisdom said that the only way to beat the Pats was to get after Brady in a big way and throw him off his game. I think that what the Bills did was show that there's another way to beat the Pats, and that's what the Bills did: take advantage of their crappy D while not letting them make big plays. The Pats D cannot handle a spread offense, especially from a team that has a bonafide running game. Their pass rush was MIA and their DBs couldn't contain the Bills receivers.

Earlier in the week, Gailey said he would do exactly that: contain Brady and make the Pats work for every score, hopefully forcing them to settle for FGs instead of TDs. Fans on the Bills MB were aghast, sure that getting into a shootout with the Brady Bunch would be a disaster. It worked out almost as Gailey scripted it, except that instead of forcing FGs, the Bills forced picks.

Can other teams successfully copy what the Bills did? Maybe, maybe not, but you can bet teams will try, most likely the Raiders who just played the Bills and got a taste of that spread offense themselves.
    If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. -- John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Bills got 4 INTs, that's how they won and they needed every one of them to win a close game at home. That will likely never happen again.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Bills got 4 INTs, that's how they won and they needed every one of them to win a close game at home..That will likely never happen again.
    Why not? This is at least the second time it's happened. Teams can score on the Pats. Teams can shut down their anemic running game. Teams that can do both can force Brady to throw to make up for the defense. That's simply a different way of putting pressure on Brady, and it opens him up for mistakes.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinzua View Post
    Why not? This is at least the second time it's happened. Teams can score on the Pats. Teams can shut down their anemic running game. Teams that can do both can force Brady to throw to make up for the defense. That's simply a different way of putting pressure on Brady, and it opens him up for mistakes.
    The last time you beat them in 2003 he threw 4 INts as well so I guess he'll be due to throw 4 again in 2019 which will also be your next win against them

Brady threw 4 all of last year, he's not going to have many 2 INT games let alone 4.

This was one game, it's a window into the future. Every player, every team has a bad game now and then. I'll be shocked he throws more than 2 INts in another game this year.
    Quote Quote