Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boise State to the Big Least???

1. -11
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky_Fan34 View Post
    The Boise teams of the past few years, IMO, would've been in the top half of the SEC in those years. I'm confident that they'd beat anybody they played in their bowl game this year, and I'm confident that they would be better than most think if they were in the SEC.

And Slimm, I say haters mainly because I live in Virginia Tech country and all I ever hear is the chokies fans bitching and moaning about how Boise State is full of bull**** because they never play anyone, when in reality, neither does Tech, Particularly this year. Tech fans have been complaining since they lost to Boise last year. Well, this year Tech steam rolls several teams to a 4-0 record and suddenly every Tech fan thinks they're good when they've played a weaker Schedule than Boise normally does. Then before the Clemson game, Tech fans begin talking a big game, like always, and wind up getting stomped at home.

I guess what I'm saying is I get tired of constantly hearing Boise get ragged on, but god forbid anyone mention Virginia Tech's weak schedule.
    Seems like all Tech plays are James Madison, Marshall, or East Carolina, with a BCS opponent mixed in here and again.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    The Truth (I promise)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I don't think anyone 'hates' Boise.... It's more along the lines of believing that teams that have to play LSU, Alabama, Florida, Arkansas, Miss. St., Georgia, South Carolina, etc. every year back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back, get tired of hearing Boise St. fans complain about how they deserved to be playing the national championship game every year because they managed to go undefeated playing the likes of San Jose St., Idaho, Fresno St., Utah St., etc...

It's a lot different when you literally have to bring your "A" game every single week, or your a** will get beat.

Boise has proven they can play with the Oklahoma's, Georgia's, Virginia Tech's when they have an entire offseason to prepare for that game, or a month of preparation leading up the bowl game. It's a little different when you're getting physically beaten up every week, and only have a week before you have to get physically beat up again.... and again... and again... and again..

I have respect for Boise's program, but playing a WAC or MWC schedule and going undefeated isn't exactly worthy of a national championship game. Nor is going undefeated in the Big-East.

But just to prove that it's not just 'hate' against Boise, everyone inside the SEC understands that the SEC East is just as irrelevant. Nobody from the SEC West is all that impressed with a win over Georgia.... their coach has been on the hotseat the last few years for a reason.

The worst team in the SEC (Ole Miss) blew out Fresno St. last year, and just went on the road and beat them again this year. Fresno St. has been considered a skin on Boise's wall...
    You're saying that BSU would have to play in a conference they aren't members of to have any chance of a national championship.

What kind of bull-**** system is that? That's like saying that the teams in the NFC West should be barred from the Superbowl because their teams aren't perennial contenders.

The fact is, no matter how many times Boise goes undefeated, they have absolutely no shot at a national championship. What other athletic system anywhere in the world is so blatantly unfair?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJNU2...eature=related
    2011 Boise State Football Preview Video!
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why does every team have to strive to be in the SEC?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafiki View Post
    You're saying that BSU would have to play in a conference they aren't members of to have any chance of a national championship.

What kind of bull-**** system is that? That's like saying that the teams in the NFC West should be barred from the Superbowl because their teams aren't perennial contenders.

The fact is, no matter how many times Boise goes undefeated, they have absolutely no shot at a national championship. What other athletic system anywhere in the world is so blatantly unfair?

Whoever it is that deemed the NFL's version of crowning a champion as 'perfection' and above reproach is also missing the boat. Any team that wins the weakest conference with an 8-8 record doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs over a team with a 10-6 record that finished 3rd in their division because it's the toughest division. The 6 best teams from each conference should be in the playoffs...period. That's not what's happening under the current structure in the NFL.

Hell, you can win your division and have a losing record if your division is weak enough.... what sense does it make for that team to have an automatic playoff berth?

Why shouldn't a team like Arkansas who's only 2 losses come to the #1 and #2 teams in the country get left out of a shot to compete for the title anymore than Boise St. going undefeated should? Boise didn't have to face the top 2 teams in the country. Arkansas did. You don't think Arkansas goes undefeated with Boise's schedule?

Even if you do have a playoff in college football (which is fine with me too) the teams in the toughest conferences STILL played the toughest schedules in order to qualify for the playoffs, while the Boise's and TCU's STILL didn't. Nothing really changed did it?

Hell, I'd be fine with Alabama leaving the SEC to become an independent, scheduling 9 cupcakes from the WAC or MWC every year, going undefeated and waiting the for the playoffs to roll around before they even begin playing the starters.

Suits me.... how about you?
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    Why does every team have to strive to be in the SEC?

Why did conferences begin having conference championship games after the SEC decided to do it?

Every team striving to be in it is futile, the SEC won't accept all of 'em.

However, the other conferences do strive to be like the SEC... that's where the standard in college football is set.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91

Its not fair at all, but at the same time its even less fair to penalize teams that play teams as good or better than Boise's schedule opener 3 or 4 times a year. For the record, I think Boise is an excellently coached football team with talented players.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    The Truth (I promise)

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gem State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here is what's frustrating: Boise State's success is not attributed to their competition and it never has been. To say otherwise would be ignorant of history.

When they were a junior college, they went on to win the national JC Championship. When they moved on to 1AA, they went on to win the National Championship.

Now they're in 1A and are prevented from ever competing for the national championship simply because the aristocratic BCS system that's in place. It's a system that cares more about money than competition.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Here is what's frustrating: Boise State's success is not attributed to their competition and it never has been. To say otherwise would be ignorant of history.

When they were a junior college, they went on to win the national JC Championship. When they moved on to 1AA, they went on to win the National Championship.

Now they're in 1A and are prevented from ever competing for the national championship simply because the aristocratic BCS system that's in place. It's a system that cares more about money than competition.
    Im all for a small playoff. Its only gotta be maybe 4 teams. That way, if Boise runs the table and ends up at 3 or 4, they still have a shot to prove themselves to be the best. Of course it could never happen because of the current bowl system, but that would probably be the best thing IMO. I dont want too many teams though. Four is plenty.
    Quote Quote