Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 96 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 953

Thread: Reality Check JETS fans....

  1. -41
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,770
    vCash:
    101894
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The last time we beat the pats in NE w/ Brady starting was 2006 and we had onyl beaten them there twice.

    Cincy swept Baltimore in 2009, the banged up Colts were on a long win streak. No more excuses please.
    That just shows that division teams match up well with each other. It's not an excuse, it's the facts. That 2009 Bal team that got swept by Cincy gave NE a 33 to 14 butt kicking in NE. I don't believe the Jets could have beaten Bal, had they faced them in round 1 either of the last 2 years.

    That 4 game win streak the banged up Colts were on was against the 6-10 Titans, 8-8 Raiders, 8-8 Jaguars, and 6-10 Titans.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -42
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,752
    vCash:
    32081
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    That just shows that division teams match up well with each other. It's not an excuse, it's the facts. That 2009 Bal team that got swept by Cincy gave NE a 33 to 14 butt kicking in NE. I don't believe the Jets could have beaten Bal, had they faced them in round 1 either of the last 2 years.

    That 4 game win streak the banged up Colts were on was against the 6-10 Titans, 8-8 Raiders, 8-8 Jaguars, and 6-10 Titans.
    Bal wasn't really compeitive w/ Indy in the '09 playoffs and we had a 2nd half lead.

    The bottom line is Mia '08 and KC '10 took advantage of some incredibly weak scheds then when they played at home in the playoffs they got thrashed.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -43
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,752
    vCash:
    32081
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    That just shows that division teams match up well with each other. It's not an excuse, it's the facts. That 2009 Bal team that got swept by Cincy gave NE a 33 to 14 butt kicking in NE. I don't believe the Jets could have beaten Bal, had they faced them in round 1 either of the last 2 years.

    That 4 game win streak the banged up Colts were on was against the 6-10 Titans, 8-8 Raiders, 8-8 Jaguars, and 6-10 Titans.
    they also only lost at NE by 3 and could have won late if not for a typical Manning choke job.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -44
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,770
    vCash:
    101894
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Bal wasn't really compeitive w/ Indy in the '09 playoffs and we had a 2nd half lead.

    The bottom line is Mia '08 and KC '10 took advantage of some incredibly weak scheds then when they played at home in the playoffs they got thrashed.
    Just like NE in 09? Bal has blown out the last 3 opponents in the first round in the last 3 years, and the NYJ would not have been any different.

    It is great that the Jets had a half time lead against the Colts, but games are 4 quarters. A 17 point loss is not a lot different to me than a 13 point loss.


    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    they also only lost at NE by 3 and could have won late if not for a typical Manning choke job.
    They also got blown out by the Chargers (who didn't make the playoffs) 33 to 16 the very next week. The week after that, they also lost to a 6-10 Dallas team in OT.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -45
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,752
    vCash:
    32081
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Of course we would have been different.

    We were competitive against Indy, Bal wasn't.

    in 2009 the favorite heading into postseason in the AFC was SD, we beat them in SD in the div rd
    in 2010 the favorite heading into the postseason in the AFC was NE, we beat them in NE in the div rd
    Quote Quote  

  6. -46
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,770
    vCash:
    101894
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Of course we would have been different.

    We were competitive against Indy, Bal wasn't.

    in 2009 the favorite heading into postseason in the AFC was SD, we beat them in SD in the div rd
    in 2010 the favorite heading into the postseason in the AFC was NE, we beat them in NE in the div rd
    They both lost by double digits. Who cares what the score was at the half.

    I don't care how many bad teams SD beat in 09, but they were not nearly as good as the Ravens. NE is a division opponent and we all know how those games can go. It was good that the Jets beat a team that missed 3 FGs by 3 points, and that they beat a division opponent the next year, but they don't even get the chance to play those teams if they faced Bal in round 1.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -47
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,752
    vCash:
    32081
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    They both lost by double digits. Who cares what the score was at the half.

    I don't care how many bad teams SD beat in 09, but they were not nearly as good as the Ravens. NE is a division opponent and we all know how those games can go. It was good that the Jets beat a team that missed 3 FGs by 3 points, and that they beat a division opponent the next year, but they don't even get the chance to play those teams if they faced Bal in round 1.
    Hadn't beat NE at NE since 2006, were 2-6 at NE against Brady heading into that game.

    so now the excuse is SD msised 3 FGs(even though one was almost 60 yds away), so do we get credit for missing a makebale FG in the '09 title game?

    Miami and KC were exposed as frauds, the Jets proved they belonged.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -48
    Ilovemyfins4eva's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    7,751
    vCash:
    5536
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Hadn't beat NE at NE since 2006, were 2-6 at NE against Brady heading into that game.

    so now the excuse is SD msised 3 FGs(even though one was almost 60 yds away), so do we get credit for missing a makebale FG in the '09 title game?

    Miami and KC were exposed as frauds, the Jets proved they belonged.
    this comment makes no sense. did miami and kc record indicate that they were playing a bit above the actual talent they had? maybe.

    however, to say those teams didnt belong is ridiculious. both of those teams finished with double digit wins, something the 09 jets didn't do, despite playing 2 teams at the end of the year that treated the games like they were the 4th preseason game.

    by your theory, since a team that loses in the 1st round, especially by not really playing competitive, i guess the the 09 pats didn't deserve to make the playoffs because they followed it up with a beating at the hands of the ravens at home, and the 14-2 pats maybe didn't deserve to make the playoffs either because they looked like crap vs the jets. this is your theory.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -49
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,752
    vCash:
    32081
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    this comment makes no sense. did miami and kc record indicate that they were playing a bit above the actual talent they had? maybe.

    however, to say those teams didnt belong is ridiculious. both of those teams finished with double digit wins, something the 09 jets didn't do, despite playing 2 teams at the end of the year that treated the games like they were the 4th preseason game.

    by your theory, since a team that loses in the 1st round, especially by not really playing competitive, i guess the the 09 pats didn't deserve to make the playoffs because they followed it up with a beating at the hands of the ravens at home, and the 14-2 pats maybe didn't deserve to make the playoffs either because they looked like crap vs the jets. this is your theory.
    The '09 & '10 Pats didn't play creampuff scheds like the '08 phins and '10 Chiefs.

    Both earned their spots in the playoffs thanks in alrge part to that creampuff sched and once they played a true playoff team they got smashed.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -50
    Ilovemyfins4eva's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2009
    Posts:
    7,751
    vCash:
    5536
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    The '09 & '10 Pats didn't play creampuff scheds like the '08 phins and '10 Chiefs.

    Both earned their spots in the playoffs thanks in alrge part to that creampuff sched and once they played a true playoff team they got smashed.
    ok your right, the 2009 jets 100% earned their way into the playoffs, despite playing 2 teams who resembled teams that show up during the 4th preseason game, had no desire to even play the game, nothing to prove, etc, and yet with that only won 9 games the whole year. couldnt even win double digits.

    as for the fins and chiefs, they both won double digits, and while they may have had some easy games, at least those teams were playing 1st string guys ''TRYING'' to win. i know your going to say they were dead, but on teams like that, those players still give it their all because they are playing for new contracts, they need to prove themselves, as opposed to the ''DEAD'' teams the jets played who were already in the playoffs, had already had a successful regular season, and nothing to prove until jan.

    to say you proved your worth in the playoffs because you won once you got there? well then i suppose the seahawks deserved the playoffs last year, because once they got in, they destroyed the saints. so the 7-9 seahawks by your theory proved their spot.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Check out some of the Jets fans Responses
    By dolpns13 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 01:51 PM
  2. Reality check for Phin fans...
    By DisturbedShifty in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 01:20 PM
  3. Reality Check, Bills Fans
    By wireman in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 10:59 PM
  4. Reality Check Fin Fans
    By obxsnowboarderp in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 07:09 AM
  5. All you fin fans need a reality check
    By Bills Own You! in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-19-2006, 10:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •