Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 96 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 953

Thread: Reality Check JETS fans....

  1. -61
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,863
    vCash:
    59451
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    2009 SD and 2010 NE were better than 2008 Baltimore.
    SD and 2010 NE were both 1 and done. The 2008 Ravens team made it to the AFCC game and lost to the Super Bowl Champions.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -62
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,986
    vCash:
    19348
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    SD and 2010 NE were both 1 and done. The 2008 Ravens team made it to the AFCC game and lost to the Super Bowl Champions.
    They didn't get to plat KC '10 and Miami '08 or they wouldn't have been one and done.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -63
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,863
    vCash:
    59451
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    They didn't get to plat KC '10 and Miami '08 or they wouldn't have been one and done.
    And the Jets didn't get to play Bal, or they would have been one and done.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -64
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,986
    vCash:
    19348
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    And the Jets didn't get to play Bal, or they would have been one and done.
    Maybe but we wouldn't have been humiliated at home if we played them.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -65
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,863
    vCash:
    59451
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Maybe but we wouldn't have been humiliated at home if we played them.
    We will never know since the Jets can't get a home playoff game.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -66
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,986
    vCash:
    19348
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    We will never know since the Jets can't get a home playoff game.
    neither can the Ravens and I'm sure you'd rather win road playoff games than lose home playoff games, right?
    Quote Quote  

  7. -67
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,863
    vCash:
    59451
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    neither can the Ravens and I'm sure you'd rather win road playoff games than lose home playoff games, right?
    The Ravens had one in 06, and I think they will have another one this year. Yes, I would much rather win on the road than lose at home, but not every team can face overrated teams on the road.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -68
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,986
    vCash:
    19348
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    The Ravens had one in 06, and I think they will have another one this year. Yes, I would much rather win on the road than lose at home, but not every team can face overrated teams on the road.
    '06 Bal was a different team w/ a different coach and QB. We are talking since '08 and in '06 bal was one and done at home.

    Overrated teams such as the 2 hottest teams in football in the div rd the last 2 years.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -69
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,863
    vCash:
    59451
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    '06 Bal was a different team w/ a different coach and QB. We are talking since '08 and in '06 bal was one and done at home.

    Overrated teams such as the 2 hottest teams in football in the div rd the last 2 years.
    Sorry, I didn't know we put a 3 year cap on it. It has been a while since the Jets had a home playoff game.

    Bal had to face the eventual Super Bowl Champs in the first round at home. They didn't get the chance to play a bad Bengals team or a banged up Colts team.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -70
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,986
    vCash:
    19348
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Sorry, I didn't know we put a 3 year cap on it. It has been a while since the Jets had a home playoff game.

    Bal had to face the eventual Super Bowl Champs in the first round at home. They didn't get the chance to play a bad Bengals team or a banged up Colts team.
    Since 2002, in that timeframe both of us have had just one home playoff game.

    We won ours shutting out Peyton & the Colts 41-0, you lost yours to a rookie QB 27-9

    Indy '06 was not some all time great team, baltimore should have been able to beat them at home and it's not fair to compare their 1st playoff game to the Jets since their 1st game was in the div rd. We faced teams as good, if not better, in the div rd than the '06 Colts
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Check out some of the Jets fans Responses
    By dolpns13 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 01:51 PM
  2. Reality check for Phin fans...
    By DisturbedShifty in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 01:20 PM
  3. Reality Check, Bills Fans
    By wireman in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-21-2011, 10:59 PM
  4. Reality Check Fin Fans
    By obxsnowboarderp in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 07:09 AM
  5. All you fin fans need a reality check
    By Bills Own You! in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-19-2006, 10:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •