Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality Check JETS fans....

1. -71
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Since 2002, in that timeframe both of us have had just one home playoff game.

We won ours shutting out Peyton & the Colts 41-0, you lost yours to a rookie QB 27-9

Indy '06 was not some all time great team, baltimore should have been able to beat them at home and it's not fair to compare their 1st playoff game to the Jets since their 1st game was in the div rd. We faced teams as good, if not better, in the div rd than the '06 Colts
    Why start at 2002? If you go back just a couple years before that, that adds 2 more home playoff games for the Dolphins. They won against the Colts and lost to the Ravens. If you want to compare the Dolphins history to Jets history, you know how that will turn out right?

I don't know how you can argue that the 06 Colts (Super Bowl Champs) were not as good as an overrated SD team in 09, and 10 NE. Both who were 1 and done.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wtf r u people talkin about who rly cares, in the end miami didnt make the playoffs and the jets did by whatever means and took advantage. The arguments u guys have on here are so retarded. Btw where are all the fins fans saying they were gonna win 11-12 games during preseason...oh right they're in hiding since miami is winless. And the vaunted best cb tandem how'd that work out ?
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Why start at 2002? If you go back just a couple years before that, that adds 2 more home playoff games for the Dolphins. They won against the Colts and lost to the Ravens. If you want to compare the Dolphins history to Jets history, you know how that will turn out right?

I don't know how you can argue that the 06 Colts (Super Bowl Champs) were not as good as an overrated SD team in 09, and 10 NE. Both who were 1 and done.
    If we go back to the pre '98 era Miami history is better but in recent, relevant history ours is much better.

Those teams were one and done b/c they lost to a good team, they didn't lose to some crapyy playoff team like Mia '08 or KC '10.

Indy beat a bad KC team, beat a no offense Bal team and beat NE wher Brady had Reche Caldwell and Jabar gaffney as his 2 main weapons then faced a Rex Grossman led team in the SB. You can't get an easier road than that.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dainfamusgc View Post
    Wtf r u people talkin about who rly cares, in the end miami didnt make the playoffs and the jets did by whatever means and took advantage. The arguments u guys have on here are so retarded. Btw where are all the fins fans saying they were gonna win 11-12 games during preseason...oh right they're in hiding since miami is winless. And the vaunted best cb tandem how'd that work out ?
    You didn't hear any of that from me. I didn't think the Dolphins would be 0-4, but I never thought they would win 12. You probably didn't think the Jets would be 3rd in the East at this point. It is just opinions, and I enjoy debating them. If you think it is stupid, then move on to another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    If we go back to the pre '98 era Miami history is better but in recent, relevant history ours is much better.

Those teams were one and done b/c they lost to a good team, they didn't lose to some crapyy playoff team like Mia '08 or KC '10.

Indy beat a bad KC team, beat a no offense Bal team and beat NE wher Brady had Reche Caldwell and Jabar gaffney as his 2 main weapons then faced a Rex Grossman led team in the SB. You can't get an easier road than that.
    I completely disagree. Bal (13-3) had the best defense in the NFL, and had won 8 out of 9 going in to the playoffs. They also had beaten 8 teams that had an 8-8 or better record. Do you really think teams like 09 Cin, SD, and 10 Colts and 10 NE were better? They were not.

Ultimately, it really doesn't matter. I'm just pointing out that good teams can lose in the first round when they face tough competition. You only seem to apply that when it benefits the Jets.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    You didn't hear any of that from me. I didn't think the Dolphins would be 0-4, but I never thought they would win 12. You probably didn't think the Jets would be 3rd in the East at this point. It is just opinions, and I enjoy debating them. If you think it is stupid, then move on to another thread.

I completely disagree. Bal (13-3) had the best defense in the NFL, and had won 8 out of 9 going in to the playoffs. They also had beaten 8 teams that had an 8-8 or better record. Do you really think teams like 09 Cin, SD, and 10 Colts and 10 NE were better? They were not.

Ultimately, it really doesn't matter. I'm just pointing out that good teams can lose in the first round when they face tough competition. You only seem to apply that when it benefits the Jets.
    '09 SD and NE '10 yes, '10 Indy- no.

Miami didn't lose, they got humiliated at home.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mods need to lock this thread up. Its like stuck in a traffic jam.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All I have to say is, EVERY year around 6 different teams make the playoffs that didn't the year before. It sure looks like the Colts, Chiefs, Jets, Eagles, Seahawks, Falcons and Bears are all in danger of missing out this season. Jets just seem much weaker than 2009 and 2010. Offense looks worse all around, defense struggling against the run. If the Bills keep it up, they should finish in 2nd place behind the Patriots.

Now Santonio Holmes and Brandon Moore went into the media and ripped each other: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-jets-line/ It's just hard for a team that signs players to short deals and makes it like a revolving door to find cohesion. And they don't have a Peyton Manning-type QB to bring players together.

Look at the Eagles, you can't just throw players together and expect it to come together.
    Let's Go Dolphins!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good to see the Jets offense is playing nice with each other...that just warms my heart.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CirclingWagons View Post
    Good to see the Jets offense is playing nice with each other...that just warms my heart.
    Shouldn't you be worried about your team losing to another mediocre team on the road?
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And just like a the true Troll that you are Juhnky

You haven't changed one iota in my 4 year absence.

You troll around, waiting to see exactly what your team, or interests are going to do, then you either pounce, or hide.

Longevity and post count doesn't change the fact, that you are indeed a TROLL!!!!!!
    Quote Quote