Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White House met with three Romney advisors to draft Obamacare

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

White House met with three Romney advisors to draft Obamacare

The Obama administration may have relied much more heavily on Romney’s Massachusetts healthcare legislation as a blueprint for Obamacare than was previously believed.
    White House visitor logs obtained by NBC News revealed that three of Romney’s healthcare advisers had up to a dozen meetings with senior administration officials, including one in the Oval Office presided over by President Barack Obama.

“They really wanted to know how we can take that same approach we used in Massachusetts and turn that into a national model,” MIT economist and Romney healthcare adviser Jon Gruber told NBC.

What’s more, the records show Gruber was given a $380,000 contract in 2009 draft new legislation based on the Massachusetts healthcare law.

The White House tapped another Romney adviser, John Kingsdale, who in 2006 was put in charge of the state agency tasked with implementing Romney’s healthcare plan. In 2009, Kingsdale attended three White House meetings on healthcare.

A third Romney adviser, John McDonough, attended four White House healthcare meetings. McDonough shared an “innovator in health” award with the Massachusetts governor, after leading a health advocacy group in Massachusetts and working with Romney as a consumer advocate on the legislation.

Though Obama has repeatedly said that he modeled Obamacare on Romney’s healthcare plan, Romney has tried to wash his hands of the association.

“He does me the great favor of saying that I was the inspiration of his plan. If that’s the case, why didn’t you call me?” Romney said in a debate. “Why didn’t you ask what was wrong? Why didn’t you ask if this was an experiment, what worked and what didn’t? … I would have told him, ‘What you’re doing, Mr. President, is going to bankrupt us.’”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/11/wh...#ixzz1aVnBlXj6

Coporatism loves both parties. If anything this should put an end to Romney's campaign.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/11/wh...#ixzz1aVnBlXj6

Coporatism loves both parties. If anything this should put an end to Romney's campaign.
    You would think, but the media has a vested interest now. I expect this to get swept under the rug in the same manner as Ron Paul's straw poll wins.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Dub FX:
    Step On My Trip (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEPEleJVjOo
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    But Cain wins one and it's all over the news.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    But Cain wins one and it's all over the news.
    Funny how that works, huh? In the debate right now, Cain has been speaking like 50% of the time. Ron Paul has had like two questions.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If I hear 999 one more time. Hey I just noticed that if you flip that around you get.......
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If I hear 999 one more time. Hey I just noticed that if you flip that around you get.......
    Bachmann actually said that. I was cracking up.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    We may die, but our actions are immortal

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    northern virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Paul is minimized because he cannot get elected... you guys act like that it is a surprise that he gets little time. It is not a conspiracy, just a reality...He is too far outside of the general interests of America...
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by poornate View Post
    Paul is minimized because he cannot get elected... you guys act like that it is a surprise that he gets little time. It is not a conspiracy, just a reality...He is too far outside of the general interests of America...
    Or so the media has decided. Is Herman Cain really anymore electable, or Rick Perry for that matter? Especially since Perry has been paying lip service to many of Paul's main issues. The media has already gone on record saying that they're ignoring Paul because they don't feel he is electable, but shouldn't that be for the American people to decide, especially when the media is supposedly impartial?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Or so the media has decided. Is Herman Cain really anymore electable, or Rick Perry for that matter? Especially since Perry has been paying lip service to many of Paul's main issues. The media has already gone on record saying that they're ignoring Paul because they don't feel he is electable, but shouldn't that be for the American people to decide, especially when the media is supposedly impartial?
    That's what I was thinking. Electability shouldn't be up to anyone but the voters. Gary Johnson isn't too far off from what Republicans want (outside of his stance on weed) and he is also being marginalized. It seems like the media decides who it wants to push as the serious candidates...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Electability shouldn't be up to anyone but the voters. Gary Johnson isn't too far off from what Republicans want (outside of his stance on weed) and he is also being marginalized. It seems like the media decides who it wants to push as the serious candidates...
    Gary Johnson too is a libertarian who wants real change. Can't have that. Gotta stick with the status quo Bush/Obama politicians who have no clue what they're doing.
    Quote Quote