Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: I Am Officially Now On The Bandwagon...

1. -1
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks

I Am Officially Now On The Bandwagon...

to preemptively hire Bill Cowher before season's end!

...a day after Tony gets deep-sixed and prior to Tom Coughlin getting waterlogged end of season.

Ross, if nothing more, just get his sig on the dotted line even if it means throwing Ginger overboard.

ANNOUNCING a new FH smiley. Use it judiciously and selectively as to not diminish its impact!

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Coaches don't get hired midseason, which makes me wonder if there is a rule against it or if it simply just doesn't happen. Anyone know?

Also, if we end up with the number 1 pick, I don't think we have to worry about anyone else stealing our primary target for head coach. Luck guarantees success for whomever ends up with the job...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Coaches don't get hired midseason, which makes me wonder if there is a rule against it or if it simply just doesn't happen. Anyone know?

Also, if we end up with the number 1 pick, I don't think we have to worry about anyone else stealing our primary target for head coach. Luck guarantees success for whomever ends up with the job...
    why not? I can't see why he can't commit by signing a contract commencing next season and beyond and stipulating the start date as mutually agreed upon after his commentator job concludes.

He wants NY, always has, his wife is deceased, his daughter is living up there, and he goes back a long time with the respected Mara family. I wouldn't think the promise, not the assurance of a "Lucky" future would cloud his long-standing vacuum vision.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Luck guarantees success for whomever ends up with the job...
    Really? Based on what exactly?

I'm willing to bet your statement isn't accurate anyways. What if say....our man Locksley were to be it...........just sayin......
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Andy Reid is all we need..
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    Really? Based on what exactly?

I'm willing to bet your statement isn't accurate anyways. What if say....our man Locksley were to be it...........just sayin......
    Point taken. I'm assuming an NFL level candidate though. A walking clusterf*ck like Locksley would never even sniff an NFL position.

My statement is based on the assumption that Luck turns out to be what everyone says he is going to be. QBs like Marino, Manning, and Brady make it easy to coach. If Luck is on that level, and everyone assumes he is going to be, the team that gets him is going to have a high level of success over the next 10-15 years regardless of the coach. I think Jim Caldwell is a good example of that. Dude is a subpar coach, yet Manning has that team competitive yearly.

Even if that isn't going to be the case, the general assumption right now is that it will be, so the team who gets Luck will still get their pick of Head Coach. Vaark makes a good point with Cowher's relationship with the Mara family. However, the prospect of Luck likely makes Cowher consider the possibility, whereas without it he simply just goes to NY...
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Point taken. I'm assuming an NFL level candidate though. A walking clusterf*ck like Locksley would never even sniff an NFL position.

My statement is based on the assumption that Luck turns out to be what everyone says he is going to be. QBs like Marino, Manning, and Brady make it easy to coach. If Luck is on that level, and everyone assumes he is going to be, the team that gets him is going to have a high level of success over the next 10-15 years regardless of the coach. I think Jim Caldwell is a good example of that. Dude is a subpar coach, yet Manning has that team competitive yearly.

Even if that isn't going to be the case, the general assumption right now is that it will be, so the team who gets Luck will still get their pick of Head Coach. Vaark makes a good point with Cowher's relationship with the Mara family. However, the prospect of Luck likely makes Cowher consider the possibility, whereas without it he simply just goes to NY...
    Understood, and OFF TOPIC, but as much as I DESPISE the Mildcats, how do you feel about Stoops in Cherry and Silver next year

My point is, and it humors me, for every 1 Manning, you have 5 David Carr's.
    Go do a google and look over the "Can't miss" QB that will instantly turn franchise's around. Very embarassing for many GM's.

What really kills me, is 95% of those that are predicting that: Andrew Luck = 2012 Superbowl; have actually never seen him play. 85% dont even know who he plays for. Its alike a snowball that's all yellow.

I personally like Luck, and have seen him in no less than 9 games, but I almost think it's unfair to expect so much of a young man, that has lit it up against the Freakin Pac10 for gods sake and nothing else to date.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    Understood, and OFF TOPIC, but as much as I DESPISE the Mildcats, how do you feel about Stoops in Cherry and Silver next year

My point is, and it humors me, for every 1 Manning, you have 5 David Carr's.
    Go do a google and look over the "Can't miss" QB that will instantly turn franchise's around. Very embarassing for many GM's.

What really kills me, is 95% of those that are predicting that: Andrew Luck = 2012 Superbowl; have actually never seen him play. 85% dont even know who he plays for. Its alike a snowball that's all yellow.

I personally like Luck, and have seen him in no less than 9 games, but I almost think it's unfair to expect so much of a young man, that has lit it up against the Freakin Pac10 for gods sake and nothing else to date.
    I definitely wouldn't be opposed to it. After this mess that Locksley put us in, it really makes you miss the bland, yet moderately successful, days of Rocky Long. The team quit on him after that incident where he punched his assistant coach. I teach some intro level psychology courses at UNM as part of the PhD program I'm in and had 2-3 of the football players in my classes the past few years. After that punch fiasco, you could see the difference in the team. Their posture was night and day, they wouldn't talk about anything football related, and they just seemed apathetic mostly. I have no clue how they justified keeping him so long. I don't know enough about Arizona to know what happened there, but I know that's a program that has had some level of success. If he can bring even half of that to UNM, we'll be exponentially ahead of where we were under Locksley best day.

I never understood why so many of these QBs are rated can't miss. These analysts start getting lazy when they throw that term out to describe prospects like Clausen. I don't think Luck is can't miss, but he is probably as close as you can feasibly get to it. This fanbase is going to be in for a rude awakening if we somehow land him though. Even the great Manning needed a season to adjust to the NFL. Especially playing all the Pac10 teams, he won't be used to reading defenses as fast as NFL defenses are. I think it'll take him a season to get up to speed. I'm not sure this fan base has the patience to even give him that. They'll be calling him a bust and calling for a new coach as soon as we're sitting 3-5 or so midway through his rookie season. Once he settles though, I think everyone will quickly forget about how bad off we had the past few years...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh no. It's spilled over into the lounge.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by WeVie View Post
    Oh no. It's spilled over into the lounge.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Quote Quote