I get it....we are all pissed off and frustrated. None more than me.
However, I really think we are a much better team than our record and current play has shown. I know actual points are desired here so this is why I feel this way:
- He has been less than impressive this season for the most part but realistically B Marshall is an absolute top tier receiver. Teams would game plan against him and there is absolutely no argument about his YAC abilities. He is a great receiver!!
- D Bess is by far one of the best slot receivers in the NFL and plays fearless. Maybe not the fastest but he knows how to get open and can flat out catch.
- Hartline is right there with Bess with out a doubt.
- D Thomas (if he can stay healthy) has shown that he deserves to be here. Hits the hole hard and does not go down easy.
- Bush is very elusive and turns the open field into his playground no matter who is out there.
We have the tools.....so why are we sucking so bad??
- Where they may not be the "Top Tandem in the league" Davis and Smith are certainly good enough to make receivers work for every yard. They tend to have a couple of turd brain moments every game that end up turning things around lately but they are by no means garbage.
- Dansby is a top level LB with great vision and speed to get to the ball.
- Wake....self explanatory
- J Taylor still has enough speed and smarts to be useful, no where more than in the locker room with leadership.
I was never much for throwing out Sparano but at this point I have to point the finger directly at him for where we are. We have immense talent on this team that just isn't motivated and lacks complete passion. Even more than that is that they just aren't ready to play after the first series and the play calling looks completely different. We are NOT using our offensive weapons properly at all. We have an exciting first series then everything just changes.
Guys you need to really pay attention to our players and the severe talent we possess. I wouldn't argue with an upgrade at QB by signing Palmer while we groom a rookie, and sign some OL guys that can actually define the word "block" but I believe with everything in me that Cowher/Gruden/Fisher could win with this team.
It is something we should cultivate if we have a shot at Luck/Barkley/Jones but that won't fix anything here. We really need to look from the top down first and do everything to sign a COACH before we bother worrying about any position on this team.
WE ARE A GOOD TEAM!!!!