Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

1. -11
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Loved the comics. Like Bill, I only buy the hardback editions that come with 3 trades. I'm interested on how closely the show is going to follow the book's storyline. The first episode was almost a box-for-box replica of the book, then they started to follow the basic storyline, but changed up the characters and events a little bit. AMC is becoming a pretty good channel for dramas...
    well it doesn't look like they are following the book much if at all at this point in time, which is good too, because things that work in comic books don't always translate to live action (see wolverines comic book boots....)

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    well it doesn't look like they are following the book much if at all at this point in time, which is good too, because things that work in comic books don't always translate to live action (see wolverines comic book boots....)
    Plus, they need to surprise everyone, not just the people who haven't read the graphic novels. I'll be interested in seeing if they include The Prison and their run-in with The Governor. Some pretty intense and gruesome stuff. I don't mind them veering off of the story, but I would like to see major events like that included in the show...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Whats starting to nother me is that they dont have a really compelling character. They could seriously kill anyone except Daryl and I wouldnt give a ****. He is probably the closest thing to interesting on the cast. I mean, I keep watching for the violence and zombies, but this show could be much better. The premise is pretty much carrying the show now. Not sure how much longer it can though.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Whats starting to nother me is that they dont have a really compelling character. They could seriously kill anyone except Daryl and I wouldnt give a ****. He is probably the closest thing to interesting on the cast. I mean, I keep watching for the violence and zombies, but this show could be much better. The premise is pretty much carrying the show now. Not sure how much longer it can though.
    well its easy to like daryl and he's easily the biggest name star on the show, he wasn't even in the comic as far as I know. What you have to remember is that the premise of the walking dead isn't what superheroic people would do in the face of a zombie apocolypse, its what would an average man/woman/child do? certainly in that case the situation itself would be more interesting than the people involved. heck the most interesting scenes are the ones that actually have zombies in them. You're right i'm not sure how long they can keep it up, heck resident evil (the games) would get boring fast if all they had was zombies, in fact in the game they have super zombies, lickers, tyrants etc to add to the excitement because zombies alone get boring, see a zombie? shoot it in the head right? see a bunch of them? run... but point is you know how to deal with them and eventually it'll become forumlaic and boring.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    well its easy to like daryl and he's easily the biggest name star on the show, he wasn't even in the comic as far as I know. What you have to remember is that the premise of the walking dead isn't what superheroic people would do in the face of a zombie apocolypse, its what would an average man/woman/child do? certainly in that case the situation itself would be more interesting than the people involved. heck the most interesting scenes are the ones that actually have zombies in them. You're right i'm not sure how long they can keep it up, heck resident evil (the games) would get boring fast if all they had was zombies, in fact in the game they have super zombies, lickers, tyrants etc to add to the excitement because zombies alone get boring, see a zombie? shoot it in the head right? see a bunch of them? run... but point is you know how to deal with them and eventually it'll become forumlaic and boring.
    Yea, I get the normal people thing, but to me theres never any interesting dialogue or anything. Compare it to other AMC shows like Breaking Bad and Mad Men and the acting and writing just isnt as good IMO.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    "I See No Changes" - Tupac

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Apparently strong ratings so far paved the way for a 3rd season
    Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dam, great episode...kind of upset about Otis though...**** got real atm.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Spoiler 
    Quote Quote  

9. -19

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Spoiler 
    I'm hoping for that house to get ransacked by zombies soon, just for **** to get real
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Paddy's Pub

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    this season has been slow so far. scenes dragging on, lots of filler, not enough zombies, too many cliffhangers that need to be wrapped up (man and son that found him in the first episode, merl, him finding out about his wife banging his best friend - which apparently she got pregnant from, little girl lost for how long now?, etc..) they need to wrap some of that **** up - no need to overcomplicate a show about a zombie apocalypse.

there needs to be way more zombie killing and less unfinished story lines for that show to last. i hope it does - big fan of that show - and pretty much anything zombie related.

Quote Quote