Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fans are correct: Dolphins better off losing

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    its not even a question. we are 0-5 , have absolutely zero chance at making the playoffs, wins will do absolutely nothing for this team other than keep us stuck in this crap for the foreseeable future.

in every other year, i would want wins because the gap in talent is not that significant. this year is a once in a generation type thing where we can select a guy who may turn out to be one of the greatest qbs not just of his generation, but of all time.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    What the freak happened to our 2nd rd pick?????
    Its already here in the form of Brandon Marshall....
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aquabob View Post
    I'm so sick of the media/players bashing Dolphins fans for wanting to get Andrew Luck (rooting to lose). What do they expect from us? To root for meaningless wins? To pay money for tickets to watch a team that isn't trying? Unless, as fans, they have sat back and watched Jay Fiedler, Ray Lucas, AJ Feeley, Gus Ferotte, Sage Rosenfels, Dante Culpepper, Joey Harrington, Cleo Lemon, Chad Pennington, Chad Henne, Pat White, Tyler Thigpin, and Now Matt Moore start as our quarterback over a 10 year time span, I don't want to hear it. That is a pathetic crop of starters. Guess how many quarterbacks started for the Colts or the Patriots during this time span? Having that crop of scrubs follow in the wings of Marino is inexcusable. Even the last few years of Marino, we didn't have great qb play. In fact, it's been well over a decade since we have! We as fans are f%&ck**g fed up with it. We gave coach after coach after coach the benefit of the doubt for passing on quarterbacks. We won't do that anymore. So if that upsets some players (that probably won't be on this team much longer) or some media pundits (who can go f%c* themselves), we don't care. We want Luck. We want to win (not just 1-2 meaningless games this year) but for a decade under a competent quarterback and a coach that realizes how important that is.
    What I hate is the S4L campaigns by fans in other cities are not being promoted by the media, especially ESPN. Its only here that they are making noise about it, because, as usual, ESPN has an agenda, and that's to hate on whatever sports team that come from South Fla.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    You're 100% correct that ESPN/NBC/FOX are focusing inordinately on the SFL campaign in Miami when EVERY OTHER 0-1 win team has fans rooting to SFL.

As I've said before, the Jets/Patriots fans at ESPN/NBC Sports/FOX Sports don't want Miami to become the dominant, relevant team in the AFC East again. You can bet your *** they would like nothing more than to see Luck refuse to play for the team that drafts him and go to the Jets or something.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    jets fans say it all the time that they want us to go 4-12 and not get luck.

if our biggest rival wants us to win meaningless games, we can root to lose meaningless games.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aquabob View Post
    I'm so sick of the media/players bashing Dolphins fans for wanting to get Andrew Luck (rooting to lose). What do they expect from us? To root for meaningless wins? To pay money for tickets to watch a team that isn't trying? Unless, as fans, they have sat back and watched Jay Fiedler, Ray Lucas, AJ Feeley, Gus Ferotte, Sage Rosenfels, Dante Culpepper, Joey Harrington, Cleo Lemon, Chad Pennington, Chad Henne, Pat White, Tyler Thigpin, and Now Matt Moore start as our quarterback over a 10 year time span, I don't want to hear it. That is a pathetic crop of starters. Guess how many quarterbacks started for the Colts or the Patriots during this time span? Having that crop of scrubs follow in the wings of Marino is inexcusable. Even the last few years of Marino, we didn't have great qb play. In fact, it's been well over a decade since we have! We as fans are f%&ck**g fed up with it. We gave coach after coach after coach the benefit of the doubt for passing on quarterbacks. We won't do that anymore. So if that upsets some players (that probably won't be on this team much longer) or some media pundits (who can go f%c* themselves), we don't care. We want Luck. We want to win (not just 1-2 meaningless games this year) but for a decade under a competent quarterback and a coach that realizes how important that is.
    You forgot Trent Green, Damon Huard, Brian Griese and John Beck!

I think some fans actually would rather see the Dolphins win 4 games and start Rex Grossman, Tavaris Jackson or Trent Edwards next season than win 1 game and get Andrew Luck.
    Let's Go Dolphins!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Bateman View Post
    Actually we have all of our early round picks, which means if we were to finish last we'd be picking at the top of every meaningful early round which could be a huge step in the right direction - or just more frustration drafts are crapshoots, although I would love to have Luck as would anybody.
    I agree with you as long as we get rid of Ireland and Sparano. If we somehow retain the services of the aforementioned jackasses, they will find a way to screw the pooch.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    I do not want to lose Sunday vs. Tebow and the Broncos.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Francisco, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    I do not want to lose Sunday vs. Tebow and the Broncos.
    Cool, what team are you a fan of? Always nice to see other fans drop by our boards. I'm a Dolphins fan... hope Tebow takes us out, lets go Broncos!
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Semedi View Post
    Cool, what team are you a fan of? Always nice to see other fans drop by our boards. I'm a Dolphins fan... hope Tebow takes us out, lets go Broncos!
    This is one of the most confusing posts I have ever read here.
    Quote Quote