Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Williams Foundation has a new, controversial connection

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ricky Williams Foundation has a new, controversial connection

A Monday article in the Austin Chronicle describes the curious link between the Ricky Williams Foundation and a group called Access Consciousness, a connection that apparently arose after a California hedge fund yanked $32 million in funding for the foundation after Williams retired from football after playing for the Saints, Dolphins, and most recently the Ravens.

Per Dunlap, Gary Douglas of Access Consciousness believes he can “heal the wounded with his bare hands,” instruct others “how to read minds” and “speak with molecules.”
    Some call it a cult. Whatever it is, it’s unconventional at best, downright bizarre at worst. And if their methods are being taught to underprivileged children, those children eventually could be persuaded to accept what seems to be a warped set of beliefs.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...al-connection/
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mind over matter?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Science acknowledges that humans utilize about 10% of what their brains are capable of. The human mind is the most complex and misunderstood entity in the known universe- How are your memories stored? Electrical impulse? How exactly are they recorded and cataloged? Beats the hell out of me. But Ricky Williams is easily one of the most intelligent Dolphins players that I've ever come across, the most well spoken, and he seems genuinely like a good guy. I wish people would leave him alone and focus on the significant amount of good that he did in south Florida. He's trying to help people, and none of us has any idea about the details of his methodology and if it's sound or not. Just as Wayne Dyer couldn't be sure when he went to Brazil to have the controversial John the Healer treat his Leukemia, we just don't know for sure So for me it's simple: Ricky, best of luck to you, wish you were still with the Dolphins, you get the benefit of the doubt in my book. Hats off to you for trying to maximize your life and help others to do the same- Run, Ricky run.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Scientology Junior?

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I miss Ricky! He keeps things interesting.

Let's see, don't teach underprivileged kids alternative methods for healing...b/c it might keep them from seeking out the stellar treatment available to them?

More people die in America from hospital errors than in automobile accidents. Perhaps RW's foundation is saving children's lives.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...DNL_artTest_B2
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Finfansince75

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ricky is one of my favorites of all time..... He does no harm

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ricky was my favorite player when he first came to Miami, but after hearing tidbits here and there about his life and the way he thinks, I've long become a fan of Ricky Williams the person.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I think the real connection here is money. Some super rich guy has it, and Ricky needs it now that he's retired. And I dont think Ricky cares what anyone makes of it.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly, why is this a "controversial connection"? Christianity, if you look at it critically, would be equally bizarre, if not moreso. Afterall, didn't Jesus heal people with his touch? Heck, he even reportedly resurrected one. I never see anyone report a business's connection with a Christian group as "bizarre" or "controversial".

Some call it a cult. Whatever it is, it’s unconventional at best, downright bizarre at worst. And if their methods are being taught to underprivileged children, those children eventually could be persuaded to accept what seems to be a warped set of beliefs.
    This quote from Mike Florio, a Christian, is really quite hypocritical. Christianity has been built upon providing care for the poor (well, after the violent forced conversions of the Middle Ages and Inquisition) while espousing their beliefs in order to convert them. That's how Christianity has spread throughout Africa, South America and other parts of the Third-World.
    FIRE FAILBIN

Joe Philbin, PowerPoint Guru (Not Head Coach Material)
    Philbin ... put it all together in a PowerPoint presentation. Everything about that presentation had to be perfect.

“If any PowerPoint slide had a spelling or grammar mistake, any typo, any scheme error, that was my responsibility, just like a teacher,” Philbin said.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zounds View Post
    I think the real connection here is money. Some super rich guy has it, and Ricky needs it now that he's retired. And I dont think Ricky cares what anyone makes of it.
    Uhh... Does Ricky's track record really indicate that he's the kind of guy who chases money?
    Quote Quote