Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: A problem with Bush's speech.

1. -1
    Why is there a watermelon there?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks

A problem with Bush's speech.

When GW was discusing a possible Constitutional Ammendment to recognize marriage as a state existing between men and woman, he cited Courts that had "generated law", and attempted to push those laws on other states, thus overturning thier legistlaturs. I'm sure he was referring to the courts striking down sodomy laws, but doesn't an Amendment to the Constitution ALSO step on those same state legistlatures who DO choose to recognize same sex marriages? This is one area where I strongly disagree with GW.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He was blowing smoke up the a$$es of social conservatives.....he will never propose a constitutional amendment....Bush is a professional Pol...Pro Pol's don't go out on limbs like that......

It was smoke.....BTW, how is that overturning of Roe vs. Wade coming? Get my drift?
    "We Dolphin fans here, if you don't like the Dolphins then **** ya, you don't know nutin' bout that, that is the way we are born here in the 305, if you don't like the Dolphins, then **** ya, simple as that." - Trick Daddy
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Cunning Linguist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Honolulu, HI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I get it. Morph back into a moderate before the election, and then after victory, revert to his hard right wing self.

If I hear anyone say that Bush is a moderate I'm going to laugh myself to the looney bin.
    You mustn't think dirty thoughts!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    is Clumpalicious!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Clumptowaga
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bush, et al are scum
    Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Kamikaze
    I get it. Morph back into a moderate before the election, and then after victory, revert to his hard right wing self.

If I hear anyone say that Bush is a moderate I'm going to laugh myself to the looney bin.
    Quite the opposite if Section is correct. If anything he's pandering to the Hard Right Wing in order to win their support, but will back off those intitiatives once he wins the election.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Quite the opposite if Section is correct. If anything he's pandering to the Hard Right Wing in order to win their support, but will back off those intitiatives once he wins the election.
    DING, DING, DING!!!!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!

Bush IS a moderate on domestic policy.......
    Quote Quote  

7. -7

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Section126

DING, DING, DING!!!!!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!

Bush IS a moderate on domestic policy.......
    Actually I have no idea if he's REALLY a moderate or not. It's impossible to tell in todays political atmosphere. He married a woman who was pro-choice, but has always maintained the stnace that he was Pro-Life. It's my experience that this issue is SO volatile that I don't see how that relationship could survive different viewpoints. I've given up thinking I'll ever know his or most any other politicians true viewpoints,
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In your face
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Actually I have no idea if he's REALLY a moderate or not. It's impossible to tell in todays political atmosphere. He married a woman who was pro-choice, but has always maintained the stnace that he was Pro-Life. It's my experience that this issue is SO volatile that I don't see how that relationship could survive different viewpoints. I've given up thinking I'll ever know his or most any other politicians true viewpoints,
    You're exactly right PhinPhan, alot of people don't know that Clinton was once Quoted as saying "I am opposed to abortion and government funding of abortions" - interesting quote huh...?

Clinton once purported to be a pro-life Southern Baptist. In 1986 he wrote a letter to a constituent expressing his opposition to abortion. He even signed a parental notification law in 1989.

Even Gore, in 1987 wrote a letter to a constituent supporting the banning of federal funding of abortion, and was quoted as saying something like " It is wrong to spend federal funds on what is arguably the taking of a human life, I share the belief that an innocent human life must be protected, yada yada yada....."
    I could give you a guess as to where they both stood on this issue come election time, but i doubt you'd need it....

Bush has stuck with his guns for the most part, big ups for that
    Quote Quote