Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Luck calls 'Suck for Luck' campaigns 'stupid'

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Andrew Luck calls 'Suck for Luck' campaigns 'stupid'

"I don't live in a hole, I don't live in a cave," the quarterback said Tuesday, before plunging into preparations for Saturday's game at USC. "The talk is fine. You hear that stuff. But it's not that hard not to get caught up in it, really. It would be a disservice to my teammates and this university if I started thinking about all that stuff."He calls the so-called "Suck for Luck" campaigns "stupid," shaking his head at the notion some fans of losing teams most notably the 0-7 Indianapolis Colts and 0-6 Miami Dolphins are rooting for those losses to keep mounting so their franchise will be in position to use the No. 1 pick on him in the spring."I don't think a fan should want a team to lose, whether now or later," he said. "Fans should support their team, have them win, and whatever happens, happens."http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/nationworld/wire/la-sp-1026-andrew-luck-20111026,0,3740022.story
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am 35 he is like what 21? I know more then he does
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!

Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
    I am 35 he is like what 21? I know more then he does
    Ok chubbs, dont usually see eye to eye.......but THAT was quite funny. Kudos
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The kid sees it......I'm starting to like him more.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't worry. Myopia will dictate that Andrew Luck's thoughts get pooh-poohed.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Empty rhetoric. What else is gonna say? Hes saying the most vanilla, non controversial thing he can. Standard blah stament..............i only care about saturdays right now. i gotta focus on my next game. im not even thinking about the draft. you should always support your team.

empty, pc rhetoric
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    I post on a dolphins site, an overzealous mod didn't like me questioning his "power" and banned me for the week. been posting there since 2004 and have never been banned. I was wronged and now I don't think I will post there again and it will be their loss. .
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Bagpipe View Post
    Empty rhetoric. What else is gonna say? Hes saying the most vanilla, non controversial thing he can. Standard blah stament..............i only care about saturdays right now. i gotta focus on my next game. im not even thinking about the draft. you should always support your team.

empty, pc rhetoric
    And the Myopia begins.

He could say absolutely NOTHING is what he could say. If it wasn't an issue, he wouldn't even mention it in the first place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK62tfoCmuQ
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Archibald Meatpants

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!Dolphins HomerDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    And the Myopia begins.

He could say absolutely NOTHING is what he could say. If it wasn't an issue, he wouldn't even mention it in the first place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK62tfoCmuQ
    Please.......so a journalist asks a question and hes supposed to stare blankly at him not saying a word. Of course hes gonna say what he said. Just like if someone asks Bill Cowher if anyone from the dolphins got in contact with him. Hes gonna say......im working for CBS right now. i havent thought about coaching. the only thing im interested in is next weeks game. blah blah blah .....hes gonna say that whether hes been contacted or not

the only myopia is the fewer and fewer anti luckers desperately turning every stone over, looking for any tidbit to assume that he wont play here, he will hold out or he will go back to school. its actually getting quite pathetic. they so desperately hate the suck for luck campaign that they will over state and blow out of proportion anything to prove that we are doing irreversable harm to the franchise. i honestly say this, i think there are a number of dolphin fans who hope we miss out on luck on the last weekend or that we get him and he busts.

you wanna root for the phins to win each week. have at it. enjoy cheering.....i wont stop you. but the only myopic vision is the one that cant see that the suck for luck campaign is going nowhere while we are in contention in getting him.
    Last edited by Harry_Bagpipe; 10-28-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    Don't worry. Myopia will dictate that Andrew Luck's thoughts get pooh-poohed.
    That's the definition you spammed on me when I said there are Colts fans saying SFL. I find the fact you disbelieved that, spammed the definition the personification of irony. Really, hilarious.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hmmm kinda concerning to say the least that he is calling it stupid
    because luck could flat out pull an eli manning and say no i dont want to play for a tanking team
    and will stay my senior year at stanford so the dolphins draft another offensive lineman in 1st round..
    and suck for luck continuens into next year as the dolphins go 2 seasons without winning a game..
    and andrew says screw the dolphins and the 2 years of ultra suck went for naught..
    Quote Quote