Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rob chudzinski is who i think would be the best hc and why.....

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Rob chudzinski is who i think would be the best hc and why.....

Rob Chudzinski will be the next big thing in Head Coaches. His track record is very impressive and he is a young and hungry OC who is primed and ready to take on a HC position... plus he is not currently on TV etc.... The fact that he was able to get Derrick Anderson to the Pro Bowl as the OC in Cleveland should tell you something about him. He worked as the TE's coach with the Chargers and we all know what he did with Rivers / Gates. Now he is the OC with the Panthers and has been surprising everyone with what he has done with Cam Newton. He is innovative, young and hungry... not to mention he is a CANE!!!!

All these retired coaches like Gruden and Cowher etc are just names and there is no guarantee that the fire is still there. All we would be doing is buying them by outbidding their TV contracts. As a lifelong Dolphin fan I want someone who will be here for at least the next decade like the Shula days.
    Most of the guys mentioned... Cowher, Gruden, BIllick, mooch and Fisher have been great in the past but times have changed and we should try to bring someone in who fits with Today's NFL ( I like Fisher the best of the other bunch ).

Big names as Parcells, Jimmy and Saban got us nowhere because those guys didnt want to put up with the BS of todays players and game. I really feel this is the perfect hire for The Dolphins and hope that whomever is giving Ross advice looks into what this team really needs = stud qb wtih a high powered offense. ( if he was our head coach I imagine he would have drafted Jimmy Graham!! He has 2 TE's from the U in Carolina )

This is just my opinion so im not saying that all others are wrong...
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pensacola, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd like to have him.. having Gruden or Cowher just kinda .. eh, just not thrilled with going with a guy that has been out of coaching for some time.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Assuming you're correct that he's personally responsible for the good play of Derek Anderson, Philip Rivers, Antonio Gates, and Cam Newton, you do realize that as a head coach he will no longer be in a role in which he can have such effects on individual players?

So what tells us he would be as good as a head coach as the coaches who are available and have demonstrated track records in that capacity?

I think if you're going to make the argument for someone like this, your argument has to start there.

Otherwise we stand a good chance of looking up in three years and wondering why we hired a guy with no track record when people like Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, and Jeff Fischer were potentially available.

I think if you're going to cast aside the likes of Cowher, Gruden, and Fischer, you'd better have a pretty iron-clad way of predicting that guys like Chudzinski are going to be successful.

What method do you have for doing that? I don't know of one.

Now, if Cowher, Gruden, and Fischer weren't available, this wouldn't be as much of an issue, but assuming they are available, and you're going to cast them aside, I think you'd better be able to justfiy -- much more than you have here -- why you're hiring a guy with no track record of success as a head coach instead of one of them.

If your job was riding on it -- i.e., if you were a front office person for an NFL team -- do you really think you would have convinced your owner (the guy paying your check) not to hire Cowher, Gruden, or Fischer with this line of reasoning?

IMO your owner would look at you like you're nuts and wonder why he hired you. I think he would say "so we're going to take the chance that Chudzinski may not be cut out to be a head coach simply because we believe Cowher, Gruden, and Fischer -- all three of them -- may have lost their fire?"

Would your answer to that question really be "yes"?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pianist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southern NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    just sounds like the last few coaches we've had in here "hungry up and coming cam & tony"
    Check out my band.
    Eternal Essence

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thephinger View Post
    Rob Chudzinski will be the next big thing in Head Coaches. His track record is very impressive and he is a young and hungry OC who is primed and ready to take on a HC position... plus he is not currently on TV etc.... The fact that he was able to get Derrick Anderson to the Pro Bowl as the OC in Cleveland should tell you something about him. He worked as the TE's coach with the Chargers and we all know what he did with Rivers / Gates. Now he is the OC with the Panthers and has been surprising everyone with what he has done with Cam Newton. He is innovative, young and hungry... not to mention he is a CANE!!!!

All these retired coaches like Gruden and Cowher etc are just names and there is no guarantee that the fire is still there. All we would be doing is buying them by outbidding their TV contracts. As a lifelong Dolphin fan I want someone who will be here for at least the next decade like the Shula days.
    Most of the guys mentioned... Cowher, Gruden, BIllick, mooch and Fisher have been great in the past but times have changed and we should try to bring someone in who fits with Today's NFL ( I like Fisher the best of the other bunch ).

Big names as Parcells, Jimmy and Saban got us nowhere because those guys didnt want to put up with the BS of todays players and game. I really feel this is the perfect hire for The Dolphins and hope that whomever is giving Ross advice looks into what this team really needs = stud qb wtih a high powered offense. ( if he was our head coach I imagine he would have drafted Jimmy Graham!! He has 2 TE's from the U in Carolina )

This is just my opinion so im not saying that all others are wrong...
    I agree with you wholeheartedly. Let the tv guys stay on tv. We already did the Jimmy Johnson, Bill Parcells thing. Chudzinski is a good choice. He just has to put a dynamite staff together.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My initial reaction to seeing this thread was nuh uh. I love Chud and think he's a great OC, but maybe not the proper HC makeup. Great coordinators and great HCs can be completely different breeds. But the more I think of it, I really like the idea. I want a passionate Miami guy who understands the area and its pride. We're going to have a new rookie QB next year and Chud is as good as it gets at developing them and maximizing a QB's ability. I'm very down for him as HC. Though I think our broken franchise might be starved for the legitimacy that comes with one of the big name coaches. If we go the coordinator route I'd jump him ahead of Carmichael and he'd be my top choice.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    He should get an interview and kept in the mix. However, I still stand by the fact that this organization needs someone with credibility of winning and establishing a culture of success from their coaching past. Hence Cowher, Gruden, Fisher or Billick.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree on Chud. He is a bright, innovative young mind who isn't afraid to do things a little differently, such as utilize the option with Cam's legs. I really feel that head coaches today need to have a strength in one area or another. The problem with Tony is that he is neither an offensive mind or defensive mind. He's just a motivator.

I do want to dispell the notion that all Miami has looked at are big names. Jimmy and Nick were really the only big names. If you base this coaching hire off the Dolphins recent history, you wouldn't hire anyone. The established NFL head coach (Jimmy) failed. The former failed head coach (Dave) failed. The college head coach (Nick) failed. The up and coming offensive coordinator (Cam) failed. Now the up and coming offensive line coach/assistant head coach (Tony) failed.

Credit to feelthepain
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Love Chud but the one thing I heard someone say on NFL Radio about him is that he may not be networked enough in the NFL to put together a solid enough staff. I think if you get a GM that has been in this league for a number of years (not Ireland) the GM could help Chud put together a solid staff.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd definitely be opened minded enough to give him an interview. The problem with where we sit at the moment though is that we are viewed as a poorly managed organization and it will deter both rookies and free agents from wanting to sign with us. If we bring in someone like Cowher it instantly revives our credibility and shows we are taking steps to establish a winning culture. Someone like Andrew Luck especially, I think, would be much more likely to sign with a team being put together by a Super Bowl winning coach, then our 4th "up and comer" in a row.
    Quote Quote