Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Nolan: "Suck for Luck? That's interesting. I really haven't heard that one"

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks

Mike Nolan: "Suck for Luck? That's interesting. I really haven't heard that one"

Whaaaaaat?

After he answered the question, Nolan was so blown away by the phrase he went back to it. "Suck for Luck is a new one. That's interesting," he said before asking, seemingly genuinely, what it all meant.
    I told him it was about Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck and getting the first overall selection in the April 2012 draft.
    "Oh, makes sense now that you say it," Nolan said while nodding. "Well, that's a personnel department deal so I have nothing to do with that. But I get it now. He's going to play my Ducks in a few weeks."
    Well, I guess that speaks to Mike Nolan's unwavering focus on the task at hand. (How's that for positive spin?). Daboll could not return fire with anything nearly remotely as interesting. He did get a chuckle out of me when he was asked how he'll handle the fact Miami has only four experienced receivers on the active roster now.
    Daboll said that was easy: He eliminated the five-receiver package from his game plan.
    http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...f-the-day.html
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    VIPeezy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Montreal, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike is about as clueless when it comes to this fan base as he is to opposing offenses in the 4th quarter.
    Sig courtesy of @dolfan565

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    lol no way mike hasn't heard of that, what a blatantly lie

(On Miami sports teams being popular)

-“That’s not competition,” LeBron said. “That’s like you rooting for your family members. That’s not competition at all. It would be great to have him, but we’ll see.”

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's not Nolan's fault his defense lacks talent. Just like he said in the article, he's not in charge of personnel or has say in it. The only true pass rusher he has on his defense is a one trick pony. Nolan's defense is about blitzing, and his secondary can't even stay healthy. What did they bring him this offseason? The corpse of Jason Taylor? Gee, how nice.

You expect him to do anything with Culver/Reshad Jones as his starter, an over the hill Bell, Vontae Davis missing games and not being healthy all year due to conditioning, Burnett being a ghost on defense? Even I am starting to miss Crowder and Crowder is complete garbage but at least he helps stop the run and he knew how to set up the defense. Burnett does nothing useful out there and we don't have a true captain on this defense to set everyone up. This is not Nolan's fault, this is the clowns fault (Sparano and Ireland). This is also Cameran's fault for not getting us Patrick Willis but that's a bit of a reach.

Nolan is still one of the best defensive coordinators in the league and Ross knows that (he likes Nolan and wants him here), but Nolan will likely end up on another team next year and we'll miss him just like we miss Linehan.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You really think he's going to reveal that he's the man behind the curtain in all this? If it wasnt for Nolan's defense we wouldn't be talking about picking 1 or 2.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Doesnt play well with others

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why does anybody waste their time reading Arm-And-Oh?????

Sorry, but I doubt Nolan spends much time reading threads in Finheaven
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Sucker Free Sunday

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    It's not Nolan's fault his defense lacks talent. Just like he said in the article, he's not in charge of personnel or has say in it. The only true pass rusher he has on his defense is a one trick pony. Nolan's defense is about blitzing, and his secondary can't even stay healthy. What did they bring him this offseason? The corpse of Jason Taylor? Gee, how nice.

You expect him to do anything with Culver/Reshad Jones as his starter, an over the hill Bell, Vontae Davis missing games and not being healthy all year due to conditioning, Burnett being a ghost on defense? Even I am starting to miss Crowder and Crowder is complete garbage but at least he helps stop the run and he knew how to set up the defense. Burnett does nothing useful out there and we don't have a true captain on this defense to set everyone up. This is not Nolan's fault, this is the clowns fault (Sparano and Ireland). This is also Cameran's fault for not getting us Patrick Willis but that's a bit of a reach.

Nolan is still one of the best defensive coordinators in the league and Ross knows that (he likes Nolan and wants him here), but Nolan will likely end up on another team next year and we'll miss him just like we miss Linehan.
    I don't know what happened to this defense. I really hate that they have no pass rush. Also they're one of the worst blitzing teams I've ever seen

Agree with you about Crowder. Guy was a starter since his rookie year, learned from Zach Thomas, and became a leader on defense. Never a fan, but defense always seemed to be better with him on the field. I'd rather have Channing Crowder-Patrick Willis as our linebackers instead of Dansby-Burnett
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Same guys who believe Nolan are the same ones who believe Channing doesn't know what London was.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They all better know it and they better hear it constantly, eventually they'll grow tired of the dolphins cause and stop putting in full effort
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Restore the greatness!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfaneric12 View Post
    I don't know what happened to this defense. I really hate that they have no pass rush. Also they're one of the worst blitzing teams I've ever seen

Agree with you about Crowder. Guy was a starter since his rookie year, learned from Zach Thomas, and became a leader on defense. Never a fan, but defense always seemed to be better with him on the field. I'd rather have Channing Crowder-Patrick Willis as our linebackers instead of Dansby-Burnett
    If you look at most games last year, we didn't have a pass rush aside from Cameron Wake. The front office's indifference to having another pass-rushing OLB is just one of the nails in their coffin.

Ricky Williams: the greatest back in Miami Dolphins history

Quote Quote