Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: why all the hate for ireland?

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks

why all the hate for ireland?

I like how everyone hates ireland when the only thing he has done in his one year as full time gm is have a solid draft. He wasnt given an opportunity to add the players he wanted in free agency so he picked up the best playmaker possible, within the money he was allotted, in Reggie Bush. So why all the hate?

> players drafted by Ireland:
    • Mike Pouncey- Great draft pick
    • Daniel Thomas- Great draft pick
    • Clyde Gates- solid pick that filled a glaring need
    • Charles Clay- Great draft pick
    • Jimmy Wilson- Great draft pick

> players picked up in free agency:
    • Reggie Bush- Great pickup
    • Columbo- Bad pickup
    • Kevin Burnett- started season rough but has picked up play in recent weeks
    • Matt Moore- I hate the guy but he has filled in as a below average quarterback

So, with all this I dont understand the hate. The guy picked up two YOUNG playmakers in Reggie Bush and Kevin Burnett that every fan was screaming for. He solidified the offensive lines most important positions by drafting Mike Pouncey to pair with Jake Long. What did he do wrong? He wasnt given the money to go out and get the likes of ahmad bradshaw or trade for Kyle Orton. In my opinion, Jeff Ireland has done his job. He has put alot of talent on this team but people hate him because he didnt draft RYAN MALLETT. Enough is Enough! Ryan Mallett is a third string quarterback. He had ALOT of red flags. Oh, and Andy Dalton supposedly didnt have the arm strength for the pros (smh).. Just relax and let things play out! From what i seen the past 3 weeks this dolphins team is only missing two to three pieces on offense from being pretty damn nice. Just wait till 2012 when the nfl receives the most talented quarterback class since 1983.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    this is true. not to mention ross had over-ruled and messed with his decisions as well. ireland is not so bad.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ireland sucks.

(On Miami sports teams being popular)

-“That’s not competition,” LeBron said. “That’s like you rooting for your family members. That’s not competition at all. It would be great to have him, but we’ll see.”

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ONE game and now we're crowning Ireland again? LOL a great draft pick was AJ Green, or Andy Dalton, or Patrick Peterson, or Torrey Smith, or DeMarco Murray those were great draft picks. No one in this draft class for Miami has made any impact plays. For Irelands' sake I would hope a center drafted in the top 15 would be a great pick. Did you just put Kevin Burnett and "playmaker" in the same sentence? I don't think any fans were screaming for Kevin Brunette.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    The reason people hate Jeff Ireland is everything else. Our secondary blows and he has not done a good job of addressing it, he has spent way too many picks on the defensive line, we have consistently struck out in free agency (the fact that Reggie Bush and Matt Moore are his best FA signings says it all), etc.

Also, let's not kid ourselves. Daniel Thomas seems like a good guy and I think he's going to be a solid RB, but that was not a good use of our second round pick. I like Pouncey, he's a good player and I'm glad he's on the Dolphins, but we needed an impact player with that pick and the simple truth is that a center is not really an impact player. Clyde Gates is just a waste of time, money, and space on the roster.

I'll give him Clay, though. That guy was a steal in the sixth round.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When you constantly draft linemen with your first round picks and ignore the most important position in all of sports you deserve to be fired.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    The reason people hate Jeff Ireland is everything else. Our secondary blows and he has not done a good job of addressing it, he has spent way too many picks on the defensive line, we have consistently struck out in free agency (the fact that Reggie Bush and Matt Moore are his best FA signings says it all), etc.

Also, let's not kid ourselves. Daniel Thomas seems like a good guy and I think he's going to be a solid RB, but that was not a good use of our second round pick. I like Pouncey, he's a good player and I'm glad he's on the Dolphins, but we needed an impact player with that pick and the simple truth is that a center is not really an impact player. Clyde Gates is just a waste of time, money, and space on the roster.

lol Does Clyde Gates even have a catch yet...FAR from a solid pick that "solidified" a need.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He would be a good GM if you already have a strong base and contending team. Problem is we need home run hitters and he is drafting "safe" picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolph N.Fan View Post
    lol Does Clyde Gates even have a catch yet...FAR from a solid pick that "solidified" a need.
    Gates does fit a need if we had a normal offensive plan. I'm not sure what we're doing with half the talent we have on this team. It's just now today that they discovered we have a tight-end and h-back in the offense.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    And hey, I like Reggie Bush. He has a chip on his shoulder and he's playing tough football right now, but

DARREN SPROLES, hello?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post

Clyde Gates is still young at receiver, he has the tools. Mike Pouncey will be a top center in this league for years to come. Everyone was screaming for Mark Ingram but hated that we drafted Daniel Thomas? smh.
    Lets forget that Reggie Bush is the utility playmaker that we were missing.

Look, I'm not saying that I was happy with our team, and I'm not saying that this team is close to good. I dont care if we won 2 straight games by 28 points . Fact is that Miami has had one of the hardest schedules in the league. They have been in EVERY game theyve played. They are a quarterback away from being serious.

Oh, and our secondary was top 10 last year when healthy, Something we haven't been all season. Did you forget about Vontae Davis? He's been battling hamstring problems since week one.
    Quote Quote