Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Anybody have insight to Jim Leavitt

  1. -1
    The Confessor's Avatar
    Doesnt play well with others

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    8,931
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Anybody have insight to Jim Leavitt

    As a die-hard Alum of the University of New Mexico, I am really hoping for a turnaround after the absolute ATROCITY we just went through for head coach of the Football program.
    During his 2-1/2 years as head coach

    Mike Locksley took what was a promising program (Rocky Long did great things there) and is best known for:
    He was brought up on charges of Sex Discrimination charges
    He hit an assistant coach
    He let a kid who didnt have a drivers license drive his car, which was pulled over by police. This kid was of SERIOUS character question.
    He led the Lobos to a 2-26 record in the above average MWC.

    Now, one name that is lingering is one that many of you in Florida might have insight to. I know he also has a questionable record against him for hitting a player I believe.

    Can anybody give me insight to Jim Leavitt?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Bumpus's Avatar
    Are you gonna drink that?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2003
    Posts:
    20,554
    vCash:
    22704
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    As a die-hard Alum of the University of New Mexico, I am really hoping for a turnaround after the absolute ATROCITY we just went through for head coach of the Football program.
    During his 2-1/2 years as head coach

    Mike Locksley took what was a promising program (Rocky Long did great things there) and is best known for:
    He was brought up on charges of Sex Discrimination charges
    He hit an assistant coach
    He let a kid who didnt have a drivers license drive his car, which was pulled over by police. This kid was of SERIOUS character question.
    He led the Lobos to a 2-26 record in the above average MWC.

    Now, one name that is lingering is one that many of you in Florida might have insight to. I know he also has a questionable record against him for hitting a player I believe.

    Can anybody give me insight to Jim Leavitt?
    I. Is. Confused.

    Getting rid of a guy who hit a coach, to hire a guy who hit a player?
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1





    "The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,009
    vCash:
    2692
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great defensive mind. Was a pretty good head coach. I think he'd be a great hire for Lobos. I actually wouldn't mind him at all as the Dolphins DC should we hire a head coach who wants to run the 4-3.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Locke's Avatar
    They looked like strong hands.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    8,802
    vCash:
    4904
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    I. Is. Confused.

    Getting rid of a guy who hit a coach, to hire a guy who hit a player?
    Hitting his assistant coach is probably one of the more mild things he did, as messed up as that sounds. Locksley is literally the worst head coach in NCAA history...

    If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    The Confessor's Avatar
    Doesnt play well with others

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    8,931
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpus View Post
    I. Is. Confused.

    Getting rid of a guy who hit a coach, to hire a guy who hit a player?
    Well, that's what I'm trying to find out. Any specifics about what happened, or if this is a trend?
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    CedarPhin's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    22,100
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He allegedly hit a player at USF and that's what led to his resignation.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    CedarPhin's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    22,100
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Supposedly, Terry Bowden's in the mix for the UNM job. I still think Leach would be your best bet.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    The Confessor's Avatar
    Doesnt play well with others

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    8,931
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    Supposedly, Terry Bowden's in the mix for the UNM job. I still think Leach would be your best bet.
    Actually, I haven't seen Bowden's name mentioned yet. You have any linky or anywhere I could google?

    Would LOVE Leach, but, I would be very very very very surprised if he doesnt end up at Ole Miss. He would have the opportunity to bring his style to the best conference in College and prove those shallow minded idiots at T2 blew it. If he could go into Ole Miss and be as competitive a he was with the Red Raiders, that would be an incredible crown jewel.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    CedarPhin's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2008
    Posts:
    22,100
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bob Davie is the next UNM coach.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    The Confessor's Avatar
    Doesnt play well with others

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    8,931
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    In a Van down by the rive
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    Bob Davie is the next UNM coach.
    Are you playing Arm-And-Oh and throwing **** at the wall just to see what sticks....or do you have some insight?

    I personally could get behind Bob Davie!!!
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Leavitt speaks, sees big things for Bulls in 2011
    By X-Pacolypse in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 01:43 PM
  2. USF Coach Jim Leavitt fired
    By canesandbhoys in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 05:40 PM
  3. Just my Insight on a few...
    By SweepeR in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-20-2005, 05:07 PM
  4. A little insight to our O vs. D dilemna
    By phinfan2003 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-24-2004, 12:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •