Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Paterno to retire after this season

1. -21
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    That's PSU fans stuffing the ballot, there's no way anyone w/o a connection to PSU would say he should coach this week and if PSU fans can remove their love of Joe and the program they'd realize it's insane for him to ever coach another game.
    Look at the map, every state, with the exception of Massachusetts(49% say yes) and Nebraska(who Penn State plays this week and the vote is 50/50) say he should coach. The poll also includes almost 18,000 people from other countries. The international group is in favor of Joe with 63%. I know there are Penn State fans in other states and other countries but come on, no way PSU fans are stuffing the ballot. lol.

Joe should coach this game, and should be allowed to coach the rest of the year. The media is ripping on him, because that is the point of view that will create the most buzz and water cooler talk. I get that, and Joe is not clean by any means. However, people want to make him the villian, when there are so many others much more at fault. He is the icon and that is why the pitch forks and torches are going his way. Take away the media and and the anti-PSU fan base, and you can see the MAJORITY of the world is in Joe's corner. That is a fact.

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    I guess 61% of the world agrees with the "douchebag" fan base.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls

61 percent of the world ARE douchebags..so that poll doesn't surprise me.

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You think JoePa would let Jerry babysit his grandkids? or is it ok to look the other way
    because it's other kids.

4. -24
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Look at the map, every state, with the exception of Massachusetts(49% say yes) and Nebraska(who Penn State plays this week and the vote is 50/50) say he should coach. The poll also includes almost 18,000 people from other countries. The international group is in favor of Joe with 63%. I know there are Penn State fans in other states and other countries but come on, no way PSU fans are stuffing the ballot. lol.

Joe should coach this game, and should be allowed to coach the rest of the year. The media is ripping on him, because that is the point of view that will create the most buzz and water cooler talk. I get that, and Joe is not clean by any means. However, people want to make him the villian, when there are so many others much more at fault. He is the icon and that is why the pitch forks and torches are going his way. Take away the media and and the anti-PSU fan base, and you can see the MAJORITY of the world is in Joe's corner. That is a fact.
    Half those people are probably unaware of the details that link Paterno to it.

Think about it this way. There are two threads here about it. Not one poster has defended Paterno except for you, a Penn State fan. Think about that. Your views on your teams are narrow minded and flawed at best. I havent talked to a single person in real life that really knows about the story's details that thought Paterno was anything other than scum.
    Last edited by tylerdolphin; 11-09-2011 at 05:54 PM.

5. -25
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There are PSU grads and fans all over the Country. I would hope it is PSU fans/grads stuffing the ballot or it's frightening seeing that many people support a guy who supported a child molester in his locker room.

6. -26
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugby View Post

How he can go to his Mass at his church every morning (as has been reported in the past) is beyond me. How can he even look at himself in the mirror ?

This is beyond disgusting.
    It probably bothered him at first, but when you make the same choice and the same mistake over and over for years, Im sure you get cold hearted and numb to it.

7. -27
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I guess 61% of the world agrees with the "douchebag" fan base.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls
    Lower than I expected a poll like this would be. I was of the opinion that at least 3/4 of the world today suffer from a lack of common sense and/or bad parenting, but only 61% is encouraging.

Of course it could be this thing called a bot, that's used on just about every one of these ESPN polls. I happen to know an FSU fan on another board who used one last week for the ESPN poll for which game the ESPN blimp should attend.

8. -28
    Fins4Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If my son were old enough and happened to be playing for him right now, I wouldn't want him playing until he resigned or was fired. these parents trusted joe pa with their children and he possibly turned and looked the other way while this was going on? Sorry, he gets no pass and shouldn't be on the sidelines again.

9. -29
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks

Polls say we should Suck for Luck.

Is that a douchebag fan base?

10. -30
    future of the funk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoDolphins HomerCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Penn State fans are putting in an otherworldly effort to rip away the title of biggest douchebag fanbase that has long been held by the Notre Dame fanbase since the beginning of time.
    everybody involved and knew about these inappropriate acts needs to go to jail for accessory to the crimes committed, and that should include paterno.unfortunately,it looks like the feds gave paterno the good old sideline deal, (exit route), and he's going for it.

everyone that knew failed to notify police of the felonies committed on the university grounds. penn state is about to catch multi-million dollar lawsuit, in addition to losing endorsements, and future youth programs.sanduskys sick @** will get life in prison w/o parole.

penn state better pull out their best suits on this one, its gonna be ugly.

2014 ladies lounge entry:ariel meredith