Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Paterno to retire after this season

1. -51
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shame the Board of Trustees didnt see the ESPN poll and factor that into the decision.

2. -52
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's not about Paterno, it's the whole university that's under Federal Investigation. They're ****ed.

3. -53
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    They ought to remove his statue too, it just stands around and does nothing.
    You mean like he has been doing for the past 15 years? Seriously, how can we call this old disabled man a coach? He hasn't done **** for that program in 2 decades. Just taking the glory from his assistants. Penn State only kept him around just to increase his winning record, nothing more.

4. -54
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Shame the Board of Trustees didnt see the ESPN poll and factor that into the decision.
    LMAO

5. -55
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Absolutely ridiculous for the school to fire Paterno. Absolutely ridiculous. That board of trustees press conference was an absolute joke and they even admitted they don't know the facts. I know some of you are happy because a sports legend was taken down. Especially that most of you are Hurricanes fans, so for the moment you can feel just a little better about your own mess. The board called Joe on the phone and didn't tell him face to face, what cowards.

As one student said in the audience of the press conference "The school will burn tonight". They have already started to riot, as they should, after this pathetic decision. I hope they do riot, I hope there is damage to school property, they need to show the board they made an extremely poor decision. Can't wait for Saturday, the students will not take this easily.

6. -56
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    If only they were that upset at the fact that children were raped on their campus while adults in positions of authority did absolutely nothing about it. Strange priorities.

7. -57
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous for the school to fire Paterno. Absolutely ridiculous. That board of trustees press conference was an absolute joke and they even admitted they don't know the facts. I know some of you are happy because a sports legend was taken down. Especially that most of you are Hurricanes fans, so for the moment you can feel just a little better about your own mess. The board called Joe on the phone and didn't tell him face to face, what cowards.

As one student said in the audience of the press conference "The school will burn tonight". They have already started to riot, as they should, after this pathetic decision. I hope they do riot, I hope there is damage to school property, they need to show the board they made an extremely poor decision. Can't wait for Saturday, the students will not take this easily.
    Bama alum here...not a Canes fans...Miami's problems and the vile horror that has been going at Penn State are not even in the same
    universe...and to think they are similar is silly..Nubs..I know this hurting you..but dude ....this "legend" looked the other way when
    children were being hurt.
    I promise you there will be alot more to come out,that will even be more troubling.
    Can you imagine the cluster**** that the media frenzy would be with Joe trying to couch Sat?
    This was the right thing to do...JoePa brought this on hisself.

8. -58
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Come on man. The FACT of the matter is, at a bare minimum, Paterno did nothing but the bare minimum to stop a child molester. Thats the bare minimum. Because they fired him, you hope they damage the school? Thats nuts. There literally has not been one person post in either thread about his that thought JoePa should keep his job other than the one Penn State fan. Think about it. You think you MAY be looking at this with PSU glasses? You also posted about getting Urban Meyer which tells me all I need to know about the objectivity level here. **** Paterno. Maybe now he can think about the kids he allowed to suffer. He got off easy too...he only lost his job. Id say the victims of the rapes had it worse than he does.

As far as me only saying this because I want the Canes scandal out the spotlight...guess what? Nobody even cares about it anymore. Its old news. We will get hit with some scholarship losses, lose a bowl game or two and that'll be that. You were the one posting repeatedly that the death penalty was on the table for us which we explained was totally false and you kept saying it. You acted like UM had covered up raping children or something. Talk about not being objective. Now PSU gets in trouble and you think there should be no fallout and its all media, when PSU did something that was even worse than UM did. I dont care about our scandal anymore. I just think its bull**** that Paterno sat and allowed children to be hurt.

9. -59
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Wow. I wouldnt even know where to start with all this. Suppose i would start at the suggestion about "its cool to cover up rapes as long as your a sports legend" part, although calling the board cowards(and not Paterno) is hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    its all right, Im a rice dick apparently.

10. -60
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post

Board of Trustees are like the wise guys and smart money out in Vegas.

"What's the public saying? Well I'm going against those idiots."