Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Paterno to retire after this season

1. -61
    As good as any but better than most

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous for the school to fire Paterno. Absolutely ridiculous. That board of trustees press conference was an absolute joke and they even admitted they don't know the facts. I know some of you are happy because a sports legend was taken down. Especially that most of you are Hurricanes fans, so for the moment you can feel just a little better about your own mess. The board called Joe on the phone and didn't tell him face to face, what cowards.

As one student said in the audience of the press conference "The school will burn tonight". They have already started to riot, as they should, after this pathetic decision. I hope they do riot, I hope there is damage to school property, they need to show the board they made an extremely poor decision. Can't wait for Saturday, the students will not take this easily.
    It's not about being a Canes fan. I'm one, but I feel sympathetic towards Paterno.

Could he have done more? Yes. But he is being made to look MUCH worse than what he should, all because a scumbag of a person, and horrible/unethical school officials who didn't act upon it when PATERNO informed them. We also are not aware of the office politics involved when it comes to why Paterno did not do more. Bottom line, he didn't do anything illegal, he reported it, and he was going to bow down with some grace at the end of the year. You DON'T fire an 84 year old man with the legacy he has left, after the things I just stated, and not even tell him face to face. It's sad.

2. -62
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Shame the Board of Trustees didnt see the ESPN poll and factor that into the decision.
    I wish I could give you more rep for this. Still cracks me up every time I'm on the page.

3. -63
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Absolutely ridiculous for the school to fire Paterno. Absolutely ridiculous. That board of trustees press conference was an absolute joke and they even admitted they don't know the facts. I know some of you are happy because a sports legend was taken down. Especially that most of you are Hurricanes fans, so for the moment you can feel just a little better about your own mess. The board called Joe on the phone and didn't tell him face to face, what cowards.

As one student said in the audience of the press conference "The school will burn tonight". They have already started to riot, as they should, after this pathetic decision. I hope they do riot, I hope there is damage to school property, they need to show the board they made an extremely poor decision. Can't wait for Saturday, the students will not take this easily.
    Just stop, dude lol. Seriously. You are SO MAD that now you're dragging the Hurricanes in it. It has nothing to do with Hurricane fans although with some of the **** I've read you post, I'm very surprised you haven't tried to tie the Miami Hurricanes to this Penn State scandal with Al Golden. I've seriously been waiting for you to make that connection somehow.

Look, I know you're mad and pissed off. But put yourself in the shoes of one of these parents of a victim.

Your kid gets raped by Sandusky. Paterno knew about it. Said NOTHING to the police or even YOU as a parent. **** this **** about, "He did the bare minimum required." Yeah, he did, and that's the problem. I don't care what kind of Penn State fan you are or what connections you may have there, if this was one of your kids you'd be after Joe yourself.
    Last edited by JCane; 11-10-2011 at 12:14 AM.

4. -64
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyGsharp View Post
    It's not about being a Canes fan. I'm one, but I feel sympathetic towards Paterno.

Could he have done more? Yes. But he is being made to look MUCH worse than what he should, all because a scumbag of a person, and horrible/unethical school officials who didn't act upon it when PATERNO informed them. We also are not aware of the office politics involved when it comes to why Paterno did not do more. Bottom line, he didn't do anything illegal, he reported it, and he was going to bow down with some grace at the end of the year. You DON'T fire an 84 year old man with the legacy he has left, after the things I just stated, and not even tell him face to face. It's sad.
    Im sorry, but when you throw kiddie rape into the mix, office politics are totally irrelevant. That crime is seriously about a quarter notch below murder.

5. -65
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Just stop, dude lol. Seriously. You are SO MAD that now you're dragging the Hurricanes in it. It has nothing to do with Hurricane fans although with some of the **** I've read you post, I'm very surprised you haven't tried to tie the Miami Hurricanes to this Penn State scandal with Al Golden. I'm seriously been waiting for you to make that connection somehow.

Look, I know you're mad and pissed off. But put yourself in the shoes of one of these parents of a victim.

Your kid gets raped by Sandusky. Paterno knew about it. Said NOTHING to the police or even YOU as a parent. **** this **** about, "He did the bare minimum required." Yeah, he did, and that's the problem. I don't care what kind of Penn State fan you are or what connections you may have there, if this was one of your kids you'd be after Joe yourself.
    in all honesty, as much as Nublar is acting out of emotion, I do see some Hurricane fans LOVING this for all the wrong reasons. JoePa should have done more, but the entire school has handled this mess worse.

Just my opinion of course.

6. -66
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

riot is the least of your concerns, penn state should be removed all together from football. This is the most disgusting thing i have ever heard and makes the hole ncaa look bad.

7. -67
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spesh View Post
    Wow. I wouldnt even know where to start with all this. Suppose i would start at the suggestion about "its cool to cover up rapes as long as your a sports legend" part, although calling the board cowards(and not Paterno) is hilarious.
    Joe didn't cover up ****. He reported the ****ing rapes to the AD and he along with another administrator, and the schools president covered it up. The police on campus were informed, but they did nothing either. Yes Joe should have done more and followed up with it, but he LEGALLY did what he was supposed to do. Every ****ing media clown are concentrating on the wrong people in all of this. It has been Joe this and Joe that over the past few days. What about Sandusky? Why the hell is the media not parked outside his house? What about the parents of the victims? Why are some just now coming out and informing the police? Everyone is focusing on the WRONG person. That is the problem with the whole damn situation.

Joe Paterno is Penn State, and it goes way beyond his accomplishments on the field. What he has done for the school and the state of Pennsylvania for 46 years gets thrown out the window because a former coach was a child predator the AD failed to do anything with what Joe reported to him. That is why this is a damn shame. I am pissed right now, as is all of Penn State. Please don't try and lecture me on this, because you are not from here and do not know what Joe means to everyone. He didn't deserve to be fired this close to the end of the season. He deserved to be able to retire at the end of the year and have his last home game this weekend.

8. -68
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyGsharp View Post

Bullsh**...He didn't deserve a face to face..Joe was the most powerfull man at Penn State..he told the A.D. who answered to Joe about crimes Joe's buddy did,(Boy,thats' taking him to task)that he had been doing for years.
    It's not sad ,what has happened to Joe..It's sad what happened to those children.

9. -69
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    in all honesty, as much as Nublar is acting out of emotion, I do see some Hurricane fans LOVING this for all the wrong reasons. JoePa should have done more, but the entire school has handled this mess worse.

Just my opinion of course.
    Honestly never cared one way or the other about Penn State and really dont care about our mess anymore. I think most Canes fans generally feel the same way. I just think its sad that an entire organization combined to enable a child molester. No doubt there were about 3 people at least involved more than JoePa, but at the end of the day, his hands are far from clean and he got what was coming IMO.

10. -70
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Joe didn't cover up ****. He reported the ****ing rapes to the AD and he along with another administrator, and the schools president covered it up. The police on campus were informed, but they did nothing either. Yes Joe should have done more and followed up with it, but he LEGALLY did what he was supposed to do. Every ****ing media clown are concentrating on the wrong people in all of this. It has been Joe this and Joe that over the past few days. What about Sandusky? Why the hell is the media not parked outside his house? What about the parents of the victims? Why are some just now coming out and informing the police? Everyone is focusing on the WRONG person. That is the problem with the whole damn situation.

Joe Paterno is Penn State, and it goes way beyond his accomplishments on the field. What he has done for the school and the state of Pennsylvania for 46 years gets thrown out the window because a former coach was a child predator the AD failed to do anything with what Joe reported to him. That is why this is a damn shame. I am pissed right now, as is all of Penn State. Please don't try and lecture me on this, because you are not from here and do not know what Joe means to everyone. He didn't deserve to be fired this close to the end of the season. He deserved to be able to retire at the end of the year and have his last home game this weekend.
    Not.good.enough. It wasn't like a ****ing stapler was stolen.